Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah hitting people with a sniper and it not even breaking their armour has pushed me away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah hitting people with a sniper and it not even breaking their armour has pushed me away from it.

except when they shoot you :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got shot from the airport tower from miles away the other day. He must have led the shot by 10+ feet and I ran headfirst into it. I was so impressed I couldn't be annoyed but I don't snipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got shot from the airport tower from miles away the other day. He must have led the shot by 10+ feet and I ran headfirst into it. I was so impressed I couldn't be annoyed but I don't snipe.

It's the inconsistency between solos and group games that drives me insane. I'm a pretty decent sniper and I love having it in GW, particularly in downtown, port or quarry, so I can hit people pretty well at range.

In warzone solos, this can be good as you can one shot people and it kills them. Hit the exact same shot in trios or quads and you merely down them. The reward for pulling off an identical shot should be the same in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I had been pushing myself to get better at sniping, but tbh, I'm not sure its worth it if you're playing squads or trios.
    If you do manage to down an enemy, chances are, you're so far away that by the time you push them, they've managed to get the revive.
    It nearly feels more beneficial to have an AR decked out for long range / low recoil and an SMG for up close work.

• Advertisement

You can even stick another bullet in then when downed and it won't finish them off. Admittedly I use the AX50 which is less powerful than the HDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Homelander

I don't play the game that much, though I do have 6K kills and only the other day realised that lower mag scopes don't have glint.

You can even stick another bullet in then when downed and it won't finish them off. Admittedly I use the AX50 which is less powerful than the HDR.

yeah thats my point, 99% of the time they go down, they're behind cover, so cant follow up on it.
    I do think the amount of bullets needed to finish a downed player is a bit mad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

yeah thats my point, 99% of the time they go down, they're behind cover, so cant follow up on it.
    I do think the amount of bullets needed to finish a downed player is a bit mad too.

Snipe the guys that run to res the downed guy?

9 times out of ten the guy drops behind cover, it was a good point made earlier snipers are a lot more powerful in solos

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Snipe the guys that run to res the downed guy?

Arbiter Voice Were it so easy....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭circadian

Considering running an LMG with that bullet penetration perk. The amount of times people go down behind cover that I can't finish them is frustrating.

It very situational. I seen a guy testing a sniper and AR with it. AR couldn't shoot through a tree or a rock, it does depend on the type and thickness of the object but at a distance an LMG will do little damage through a stone building' I'd say.
    It can take two rockets to kill a guy who's down sometimes.

Anyone have any issues with an echo through headphones on cross play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anyone have any issues with an echo through headphones on cross play?

Yes, Im on PC, friends are on PS4. They said there is a brutal bad echo from me. I thought it was just my old headset with is crap. have a new headset but have not played since.

Glebee wrote: »
    Yes, Im on PC, friends are on PS4. They said there is a brutal bad echo from me. I thought it was just my old headset with is crap. have a new headset but have not played since.

Same, I'm xbox, the rest of them PS4. One lad had complained about echo, that he could hear me echoing constantly. Everything was fine for me. Last couple of days another guy complained that he could hear himself echoing with me. Then finally last night, I could hear both myself and them echoing.

It's not ideal but just on the right side of barely tolerable at the minute.

Same, I'm xbox, the rest of them PS4. One lad had complained about echo, that he could hear me echoing constantly. Everything was fine for me. Last couple of days another guy complained that he could hear himself echoing with me. Then finally last night, I could hear both myself and them echoing.

It's not ideal but just on the right side of barely tolerable at the minute.

are ye in parties or using game chat, 4 of us play regularly with an even PC/Xbox split and have never had an issue with echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

are ye in parties or using game chat, 4 of us play regularly with an even PC/Xbox split and have never had an issue with echo.

We use the Xbox Party though, are they using in game voice?

It's a PS4/Xbox group so we're using a party via warzone itself.

It's a PS4/Xbox group so we're using a party via warzone itself.

One thing they really need to do for the next gen of consoles, specially(& hopefully) if we're going to be going further down the cross platform route, is to bring in an multiplatform chat system like discord.

• Advertisement

Got killed by a rock in the gulag. Didn't know that was possible but I was, admittedly, on fire at the time from a Molotov. Told me I was killed by the rock though and the killcam went to the guy upstairs. Wonder who gets credited.

BR Duos now in the playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LeineGlas

Got killed by a rock in the gulag. Didn't know that was possible but I was, admittedly, on fire at the time from a Molotov. Told me I was killed by the rock though and the killcam went to the guy upstairs. Wonder who gets credited.

Saw a clip online where somebody got a mile by detonating C4 in the Gulag with a rock from the balcony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm dying to get a kill on somebody up in the balcony in the Gulag. I always fire whatever ammo I have left up there in the couple of seconds before I respawn.

I'm getting absolutely annihilated these days. But I still cant stop playing it.

When can you quit a game without losing all your xp? Its frustrating having to stick around watching others play especially when you die early which is happening a lot for me these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've noticed the difficulty ramped up considerably in the last week or so, I can't put my finger on it though.
    It could be due to our level going up and we've been put in with all of the axe murderers now.
    We finished up one night on a quads win and then got absolutely slaughtered for three nights afterwards.
    Still great craic.

I've noticed the difficulty ramped up considerably in the last week or so, I can't put my finger on it though.
    It could be due to our level going up and we've been put in with all of the axe murderers now.
    We finished up one night on a quads win and then got absolutely slaughtered for three nights afterwards.
    Still great craic.
    Did the numbers increase from 100 to 150 in the last couple of weeks?

Speaking of axe murderers, I was teamed up with Adolf_H in a game today.

Always been 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Aim assist seems to have been changed in the last few weeks, so it might just take a bit of readjusting to get used to it.

Anyone fancy playing a few games together during season 4? I'll play any multiplayer mode or duos/trios/quads/plunder as long as it involves enemies at the other end of my gun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well Season 4 has been postponed due to the protests in the US, Personally don't understand this, surely release it in Europe/Rest of the World.

Advertisement