Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Probably can't as there's guns and maps that wouldn't be available US side. Tis annoying. Terrible stuff happening in the States tbh but it's only annoying me now because it's affecting gaming. I live a very sheltered life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Well Season 4 has been postponed due to the protests in the US, Personally don't understand this, surely release it in Europe/Rest of the World.

Very strange move, I wonder when we will see it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

They realized they couldn't match the current looting experience on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Well Season 4 has been postponed due to the protests in the US, Personally don't understand this, surely release it in Europe/Rest of the World.

I reckon the reveal of this years black ops game was supposed to be part of sonys showcase event, which is rumored to be also revealed in-game in warzone. I reckon sonys marketing agreement contract likely forced their hand on the cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I reckon the reveal of this years black ops game was supposed to be part of sonys showcase event, which is rumored to be also revealed in-game in warzone. I reckon sonys marketing agreement contract likely forced their hand on the cancellation.

You could well be right as this is the latest it's been on any official announcement of the new cod game. Which also says some form of exclusivity with Sony on the PS5

• Advertisement

You could well be right as this is the latest it's been on any official announcement of the new cod game. Which also says some form of exclusivity with Sony on the PS5

Honestly, I thought microsoft might have spent big and bought back the rights to be the advertising partner for COD, but this all but confirms that they havent. I hope that there isn't much timelocked content in this years one, I think its fair to say that Modern Warfare has been a real shining example of crossplay / cross platform done right.
    And I know its not without its balancing issues between aim assist / mouse users, but its certainly shown how its at least possible to get it right for the most part.

As a console player my favourite feature of crossplay is the ability to turn it off. I have yet to be convinced that the aim assist provides the advantage some youtube PC players thinks it does. PC has way too many advantages and way too many cheaters for cross play to work atm imo.

That said I think it should be in every game as it allows friends across different platforms to play together.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    As a console player my favourite feature of crossplay is the ability to turn it off. I have yet to be convinced that the aim assist provides the advantage some youtube PC players thinks it does. PC has way too many advantages and way too many cheaters for cross play to work atm imo.

That said I think it should be in every game as it allows friends across different platforms to play together.

At the risk of fanning the flames of the whole 'master race' nonsense, I agree, they can have an FOV so large that they can nearly see the past / present and future, and pinpoint accuracy using the mouse, console players are hamstrung enough by dealing with the opposite. We play a fair bit, and to be honest, only came across one definite cheater using a wallhack / aimbot, as he was sniping people that he couldnt even see, and had killed about 85 players by the time he won the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

At the risk of fanning the flames of the whole 'master race' nonsense, I agree, they can have an FOV so large that they can nearly see the past / present and future, and pinpoint accuracy using the mouse, console players are hamstrung enough by dealing with the opposite. We play a fair bit, and to be honest, only came across one definite cheater using a wallhack / aimbot, as he was sniping people that he couldnt even see, and had killed about 85 players by the time he won the game.

Since 2 updates ago PC players have aim assist on controllers now. Plus it natively supports PS4/Xbox controllers as plug and play devices. The game is noticeably better on PC with a controller, best of both worlds. Additionally I set my graphics to COD4 like, environment looks very choppy but enemies stick out like a sore thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Feel free to add me ingame,
    I'm on Discord as : Firewall#6481
    XBOX gmer tag :F1rewa11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

It's definitely tougher than it used to be, on PC at least. We regularly got 6 or 7 kills each, sometimes 10+, a few weeks ago, in trios and quads. Now we can go a few games without even getting 5 kills in total. I get thumped pretty regularly in the gulag now whereas I used to win probably 70-80% of them. My kill ratio has gone from like 1.45 to nearly 1 in the last 2 weeks!

Not sure what it is, but it seems to be since the big update. Maybe they changed matchmaking or something and we're getting put with higher skilled players. Everyone in the games we play seems to be level 155 anyway.

Weirdly I find solos a bit easier, the standard seems a bit lower. I regularly finish top 5 or 10 and get 5+ kills. Maybe it's cause it doesn't have the clans of awesome players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'd like the option to just have crossplay between both consoles.
    As someone pointed out above, pc players have a crazy fov option and can dial down their graphics to make spotting enemies much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I just got this game, installed it on my xbox, and It won't play the campaign offline. Can this game not be played offline without an Xbox Live subscription, which I don't have?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

cnocbui wrote: »
    I just got this game, installed it on my xbox, and It won't play the campaign offline. Can this game not be played offline without an Xbox Live subscription, which I don't have?

You just need an Internet connection

You just need an Internet connection

I have one of those. That is not the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Anyone got any ideas. My self and brother have an issue that when not partied up we can find games but when in a party it just sits waiting.

I have Siro 1gb internet through Sky. PS4 is Wired to router. My brother is with Vodafone. His PS4 is wired to router and gets about 45down and 10up when testing network on PS4.

We tried war zone and multiplayer and same happens. Just can’t find a game.

I played him in private matches for about an hour today and no problems. PlayStation party chat was clear with no lag/drops etc

Haven’t tried other games yet might try WWII and see if that’s the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

When you go to the options tab on the bottom left it tells you your NAT type. Check to see if you both have Open NAT types.
    I have Vodafone BB and I had to put my PS4 into the DMZ and trigger a port to get an Open NAT.

picked up someone's mp5 yesterday, only had the 30 round mag on it and don't know how he had it set up but it was an absolute monster. Got into a fight with two other teams at stadium, my two died and I killed all six of the other two teams, revived the party, got another three kills and ended up in a 1v3 but got killed for 2nd place (rpg'd while slaughtering the 3rd place team)

recorded it and I actually played really well. I was just at the point where the alcohol makes me good before my game goes to hell

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

I got 3 wins in Warzone last night, but for two of my wins my game froze after we won and it didn't update the leaderboard for me, i was a bit mad to say the least.

I have over 30 wins in warzone and can offer tips if any one finds themself struggling.

Tip 1 : never get into a vehicle without a trophy system. Everytime I do I regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I've only switched over to the contextual tap the last couple of days. Have got used to it for everything except throwing tacticals lethals. Was on my way to buy back teammate last night and saw an SUV chasing me.

"I've a big batch of C4 for them" I thought to myself. Jumped out of my SUV and waited for them. "Ha these noobs are driving right at me and haven't thought about the fact I know what I'm doing" was going through the mind. Then they ran me over just as I realised that I'd only prepped the C4 with a single tap rather than throwing it at them. The silence from my teammate was deafening.

I've switched to the R1/L1 triggers for shooting but I'm also playing Remnant from the Ashes again and have to change the settings in the PS menu. Now everytime I go to shoot someone in the practice round I wave or throw something at them.

Contextual tap is great for WZ

In the campaign, is it usual for all bright lights in the map to be visible through, most, if not all, solid objects? The ground, trees, buildings...

Along with the amazing campaign bug I mentioned a few posts back, this is really looking like amateur hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Tip 1 : never get into a vehicle without a trophy system. Everytime I do I regret it.

No, please continue to do so as it is the most satisfying thing getting a team wipe with a launcher :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah, same.
    Refuse to get in.
    Was a in a random group, got a key card went to bunker as we got back into the jeep someone sent a RPG as us, thankfully we survived, long walk back to the circle though

We got in one yesterday to drive across the map to get into a vault. Even though we knew we shouldn't the lure of the vault proved too much. One c4 and three deaths later we had a round of told you sos.

I also made the mistake of putting one in the truck bed. The second I exploded I thought "there's no line of sight"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

We got in one yesterday to drive across the map to get into a vault. Even though we knew we shouldn't the lure of the vault proved too much. One c4 and three deaths later we had a round of told you sos.

I also made the mistake of putting one in the truck bed. The second I exploded I thought "there's no line of sight"

bonnet or top of the cab is best imo, bed only works if you have one in those places aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Season 4 should hit finally this week I'm hoping tomorrow but been using shipment 24/7 and Shoothouse 24/7 to get my shotguns and pistols gold and platinum, just hate seeing all that XP go to waste

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1269983138421321729?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

When you go to the options tab on the bottom left it tells you your NAT type. Check to see if you both have Open NAT types.
    I have Vodafone BB and I had to put my PS4 into the DMZ and trigger a port to get an Open NAT.

Thanks I’ve open Nat and he is moderate. We had no problems last time we tried. Just last 2 days.

• Advertisement

Whats really frustrating me the last few days:

- Lads who die while dropping in
    - Then the same guys instead of even going to the gulag just quit
    - Folks who don't follow the in game chat/markers
    - got a card the other day and no one came with me to the bunker and then basically got killed by bunker campers
    - folks who despite having loads of cash refuse to buy you back

Advertisement