Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

tbayers wrote: »
    I spent a while (admittedly not long) trying to find this option, where is it? Don't play campaign after completing it

Same here. I couldn't find where to delete it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

You go to in game settings, then general tab and look for game installs option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Rumble is awful.

Servers are all over the shop tonight. Was flying in a game of quads with the lads, they're all dying, I'm performing heroics, taking advantage of fire sale etc. They're on PS, I'm on Xbox. My server goes down and I get booted ffs.

It's like this after every major update. Things are a mess for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

So I’m trying to complete platinum on the pistols at the moment.

Said I’d play a few games on scrapyard tonight. First game everyone using top tier ARs and SMGs. Then next game with my entire team using platinum ARs and SMGs. Other team were the same. No chance to complete challenges etc. Only way I could compete was with my try hard class with mp7/mp5 etc Where is the fun in that. Turned it off.

Also connections were all over the shop. Normally when I look at ping in game it’s about 30. Tonight was consistently above 60.

• Advertisement

Why has nobody mentioned trench warfare playlist. It’s deadly for challenges (not shipment but not bad) Flying through the pistols now.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

heroics wrote: »
    Why has nobody mentioned trench warfare playlist. It’s deadly for challenges (not shipment but not bad) Flying through the pistols now.

Im really liking it,it has just the right amount of madness

The easter egg in it is pretty cool too

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Glad I bought the silly sticks !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Glad I bought the silly sticks !

Fixed link for you there. When using YouTube tags, don't leave it like this, youtu.be/yyouOxh8MLc, just keep what is after the last slash in the url

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Is anyone else getting stuck at the 'connecting to online services' screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Servers have been dodgy since the patch. No idea how they plan on supporting the 200 BR or 200 Plunder modes coming this season when the server bananas at 152 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

So I’m trying to complete platinum on the pistols at the moment.

Said I’d play a few games on scrapyard tonight. First game everyone using top tier ARs and SMGs. Then next game with my entire team using platinum ARs and SMGs. Other team were the same. No chance to complete challenges etc. Only way I could compete was with my try hard class with mp7/mp5 etc Where is the fun in that. Turned it off.

Also connections were all over the shop. Normally when I look at ping in game it’s about 30. Tonight was consistently above 60.

The problem with COD is skill based match making, you can never sit down and have a relaxing game of cod, its sweaty lobby after sweaty lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Doff wrote: »
    Servers have been dodgy since the patch. No idea how they plan on supporting the 200 BR or 200 Plunder modes coming this season when the server bananas at 152 people.

200 people seems like too many IMO, since the last update, every game seems extremely busy, the added jailbreak, helicopters, firesales, have massively increased the amount of combat opportunities, to the point where its getting difficult (for me anyway) to keep track of the amount of stuff thats going on.

It also seems like the gas speed has been increased as we've been caught out by it more than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got the gold skin on the mp5 so when people kill me in Warzone they can think "what a douche"

I love skill based match making in games, tbh I think it's what's making this one so successful.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got the gold skin on the mp5 so when people kill me in Warzone they can think "what a douche"

I love skill based match making in games, tbh I think it's what's making this one so successful.

Same, I don't get this 'I play to relax mentality', if I'm playing COD, I'm there to do business and get kills and wins. Still though, it'd be nice to get a completely helpless lobby every now and again! - just to add - I do love games where your SBMM level is displayed, al la the older halo games, as you knew when you were moving up to tougher games, and there was a degree of satisfaction in trying to improve to go from silver - gold - platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I find the matchmaking a bit random. I'm either in a lobby with people all better than me or the opposite.

Get very pleased with myself sometimes, and then next game can''t go 30 secs without being mown down!

I've seen a Youtuber (S&D player) complain about the sbmm saying how it works is if you're in the top 1% it teams you up with people below 50% and pitches you against a team consisting of 70-80s.
    I can see the problem here, if this is correct, in that the 1%er murders everyone but if he's killed his team gets steamrolled but this would really only affect a small minority.
    Basically playing against people in and around your level is a good thing imo.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've seen a Youtuber (S&D player) complain about the sbmm saying how it works is if you're in the top 1% it teams you up with people below 50% and pitches you against a team consisting of 70-80s.
    I can see the problem here, if this is correct, in that the 1%er murders everyone but if he's killed his team gets steamrolled but this would really only affect a small minority.
    Basically playing against people in and around your level is a good thing imo.

The one Issue I have seen, and it stemmed from a very limited experience, was where we tried to game the system by getting a new player to host the matchmaking search, but we saw no discernible difference - as in, he was the first to die, as expected, and we still only cracked the top 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Homelander

SBMM tends to be dynamic in most games. Get matched with people roughly your level, but you can get short changed and end up with people considerably better at times, but equally you can get games where they're clearly below your skill level.

The SBMM is actually pretty reasonable in COD, never had any issue. Does anyone play Apex? It's insane in that game. "Oh, you have a positive k/d? You must belong with the top 500 players".

I had one game matchmaking solo this weekend where we got absolutely brutalised. It was DOM on Crash, it felt we were triple capped the entire game. Huge gap in skill level.
    Had another one (Crash again ffs) and got nuked. I went 20-18 so mustn't have ran into the guy unless he killed me 18 times. That was actually a far more even game - we were ahead when it happened.

• Advertisement

Homelander wrote: »
    SBMM tends to be dynamic in most games. Get matched with people roughly your level, but you can get short changed and end up with people considerably better at times, but equally you can get games where they're clearly below your skill level.

The SBMM is actually pretty reasonable in COD, never had any issue. Does anyone play Apex? It's insane in that game. "Oh, you have a positive k/d? You must belong with the top 500 players".

I loved apex, but none of my regular friends were into it so dropped off, Its a cracker of a game though. The ping system and voice lines are still streets ahead of whats in warzone.

SBMM skill rating seems to go up a lot faster than it goes down. I hate when you end up in high ping lobbies due to having a few good games in a row, and I really miss the post game lobby trash talking :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rumble is awful.

Played it once never again.
    Everyone out with their sniper rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Played it once never again.
    Everyone out with their sniper rifle

I guess that's what I'm enjoying about Modern Warefare. I own the base game, and it's easily the most versatile shooter I've ever played.

I enjoy the sniper element of Rumble. But I also enjoy 24/7 shipment to level up my deagle.

One thing they've completely ****ed, whether by design or otherwise, is gun design.

You know have semi auto rifles that look like ARs, ARs that look like SMGs etc. There's an M4i keep popping out of a box that I instinctively grab only to find out it's been changed to a Burst AR when I go to use it ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Hi, I can't find the right thread and hopefully someone on here can help..
    I want to join a team for the cod mobile tournament but none of my mates play it. Any idea where to look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

plaed my first two games of warzone battle royale there having not played a COD since Ghosts and not played online ever.

1st game: 1 Kill 9 deaths (my kill was shooting someone off a quad so that made me laugh at least)

2nd game: 5K/5D

really enjoyed it tbh even though i was getting obliterated in the first match, a fun mde that will defo keep going back to

Anyone any tips for getting the 357 gold. It is now my most hated gun I’ve had to use. All the other pistols got gold in a couple of hours. This thing is so inconsistent.

Anyone any tips for getting the 357 gold. It is now my most hated gun I’ve had to use. All the other pistols got gold in a couple of hours. This thing is so inconsistent.

Riot Shield primary
    Akimbo 357s with slugs and anything else that increases hip accuracy

Play hardcore

• Advertisement

Really wish they would stop ****ing about with the standard modes. Quads gone from the playlist.

Advertisement