Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Shipment is so good for ranking up guns. Got the Gallil, Vector and (cough,cough) the Fal levelled up this weekend, in no time.
    The Fal is unreal now. As someone who's useless with semi autos you need to check it out. Warzone, regular MP it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Shipment is so good for ranking up guns. Got the Gallil, Vector and (cough,cough) the Fal levelled up this weekend, in no time.
    The Fal is unreal now. As someone who's useless with semi autos you need to check it out. Warzone, regular MP it's all good.

Whats the consensus on the FAL at the moment? I see a lot of chat about it at the weekend, I'm not a massive fan of it, but might consider putting in some time if its significantly OP.

That being said, I unlocked and max leveled the bruen at the weekend, looking forward to taking it into warzone, recoil seems very manageable and it hits like a truck.

The FAL is nuts in WZ. It's the fastest time to kill gun from 0-18M with no attachments and it's not even close. It's like 1/2 the time of the next best. It will murder an MP5 in that range. I mean seriously check it out.
    Whatever they did, they did by accident and no doubt it will be patched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

right 7th is the best i can do in warzone now haha (yes i camped like a bitch in the store room in the Quarry for a bit)

spent most of yesterday grinding to rank 55

keep going, if you're going solo it can be tricky, trios is probably the best although I do like duos as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Since they nerfed the MP5 adding a silencer to it makes it completely redundant. Couldnt kill someone with 80 rounds in the clip.

Had to swap out for the Grau to kill anything.

MP5 is still good up close. I don't use the 10mm 30 round mag which is what they really went after. They only took a metre I think off the range otherwise.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    keep going, if you're going solo it can be tricky, trios is probably the best although I do like duos as well

We got shafted in Juggernaut trios at the weekend, had the high ground in the final circle and he just came into the house and slaughtered us like a terminator. I got out a window and came back in, but you cant do an execute move on a juggernaught :(

Watched a jackfrags video and he was jumping off buildings and landing beside players. He was dropping from maybe 40 or 50 feet after cutting his chute. The jugg does AOE damage and quite a lot of it on landing. OHKs players from a good distance, it looked mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Vicxas wrote: »
    Since they nerfed the MP5 adding a silencer to it makes it completely redundant. Couldnt kill someone with 80 rounds in the clip.

Had to swap out for the Grau to kill anything.

I only use the MP5 for clearing buildings or CQB....Grau,Bruen or FAL for anything not close to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I've spent a bit of time trying to master to FAL because it's TTK time is soo good.

But it's such a pain to master I reckon I'll be pissed when they nerf it.

I think you really see the benefit of the new and broken FAL in WZ. It's good in regular MP but there are other guns that kill really fast (although not as fast).

Trying to quickscope my way to the new sniper. It's actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Using the MK2 on shipment. Played 8 games yesterday and in one game, just one, it was hitmarker city. Must have just been bad luck both otherwise it worked fine.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/call-of-duty-twitter-reacts-to-latest-ban-wave-modern-warfare-warzone-activision-esports-news/

saw this yesterday, large ban wave and allegedly some innocent collateral damage. now cheaters always protest their innocence but some rudimentary investigation of the banned accounts reveals many are below average players with no suspicious recent activity.
    Some suggestion people have been banned for offensive behaviour although apparently the option to report players for language has been removed which is strange
    I'm all for no mercy death sentences for player accounts who cheat, although would feel bad for any innocent bystanders caught up in it. no appeal, ban is permanent and you obviously lose everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

jesus the spawns on shipment are horrific :pac:

five times in a row i spawned into a death as someone was conveniently there to wipe me out :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    jesus the spawns on shipment are horrific :pac:

five times in a row i spawned into a death as someone was conveniently there to wipe me out :pac::pac:

The map is so small thats to be expected, what I don't like is allowing kill streaks on that map:mad::mad::mad:

Wave upon wave or cluster strikes and airstrikes. not to mention getting wiped by a cluster strike it just makes your screen shake non-stop and you cant aim.

I wish they would just have a no killstreak shipment map

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »

The map is so small thats to be expected, what I don't like is allowing kill streaks on that map:mad::mad::mad:

Wave upon wave or cluster strikes and airstrikes. not to mention getting wiped by a cluster strike it just makes your screen shake non-stop and you cant aim.

I wish they would just have a no killstreak shipment map

There was a nice 3v3 gamemode a few weeks ago with no killstreaks.

Tbh I just hate killstreaks in general "why am I getting killed by an aimbotting helicopter minigun because my team mates suck?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

Warzone is torture tonight. Playing solo and getting high ping but every time I step outside a building I'm riddled with head shots. One of those nights. Can't seem to react at all to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

errlloyd wrote: »
    There was a nice 3v3 gamemode a few weeks ago with no killstreaks.

Tbh I just hate killstreaks in general "why am I getting killed by an aimbotting helicopter minigun because my team mates suck?"

The lack of a SAM turret in this game is bizarre.

I think it's why BO2 was my favourite in the series. It had all the silly campy stuff, the killstreaks and the things that annoy me, but it also had launchers that didn't take 3 shots to shoot something down, proper Flak Jacket, emp grenades and perks that you could run so that you weren't bothered by killstreaks and didn't mean you were missing out on a must have perk.

God I hope they never unbreak the FAL in Warzone. Breun and any fal (although I have a loadout one) is my new way to go. 11 kills in a solo yesterday, it just melts people up close
    I'm actually doing bounties and looking for aggravation

Gulag is painful right now for pc players. I really dislike it

• Advertisement

Got absolutely carried in a Duos win yesterday. 18 kills and I had two of them. The guy I played with is a lot more aggressive than me and a lot better. I think we were in his SBMM zone as I was getting destroyed. Did ok but several times I was totally outplayed.
    A lot of my deaths last night were trying to revive him. Hey you have to contribute how you can.

pretty sure I ran into a cheater on PS in WZ. Dude was about 50 yards away, stopped running, tracked me through a wall and headshotted me as I rounded the corner. Like immediately dead. It felt off. Recorded it and it looks well dodgy, he looked too far away to hear me.

went into crossplay then and went 0-2, both deaths felt off but probably not, problem with crossplay is just, you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Update 1.24 is live on PS4 36.282GB. looks like that update includes the new Season 5 content. Just checking Charlie intel looks like it's just for PS4 and we cannot install it until 5th
    https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1290219190746525696?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

More details Stadium opens up for you Warzone fans

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1290333764284014593?s=19

I dunno, I was kinda hoping for a little bit of a more substantial map change, who know though, it could make a big difference.

every now and then I'll stay on the plane to kill afkrs and fight those preying on afkrs. Yesterday 24 stayed on, it was mayhem.

only got the update this morning, downloading rise of the tomb raider as well which is 1/2 the size, deep sigh.

If that building winch device (bat hook?) is in the game, it is an anti-camping game changer.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Price is part of the Season 4 battle pass, but if I don't buy the battlepass is there another way to get him? I don't see him in the Store? Or will he appear there once S4 finishes?

awec wrote: »
    Price is part of the Season 4 battle pass, but if I don't buy the battlepass is there another way to get him? I don't see him in the Store? Or will he appear there once S4 finishes?

unless he comes up as a cosmetic bundle in the store, you wont be able to get him without the battle pass.
    Mara was a battlepass character I think, but she was also available in later passes as part of a skin pack (but either way, unless you have the battlepass, you wont get it)

probably pointless buying the pass now, as its over tonight. but if you must have price, he unlocks at the very start.

i guess you'll just have to decide (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) if the price is worth it.

• Advertisement

it's €10 and then you can buy the next one with the Cod points you get from it at least that's what I did but this is probably the last one, is it?

Advertisement