Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'm fairly new to Warzone and it is my introduction to CoD. Am I right in saying that the Season 4 to 5 changes (judging by the trailer) to Warzone are much greater than the Season 3 to 4 changes? I didn't really notice much difference between 3 and 4...except the Gulag.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah there's much bigger changes this time round. The train, stadium and access to high buildings are all massive. previously the only big change was the final circles moving which was very confusing initially
    they also took out killing people in the warm up round which was ridiculous and quickly reversed.

Came close to winning a solo this week. Found myself in a death battle with a riot shield on a roof, someone put him down and I ran off. He must have self revived because he won it. I actually got the last kill, traded with the guy in second who was killed in the gas. My stats actually show I won a solo but I can't remember it, must have been drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I've won two solos (it is a great feeling). Just finished fourth in one there, there were 8 left and I really quickly killed three in a row (out of necessity) the fourth guy was just one too many. He went on to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    it's €10 and then you can buy the next one with the Cod points you get from it at least that's what I did but this is probably the last one, is it?

I dont know, reading their twitter - where they say 'we're not done yet' certainly has the tone of something thats in its closing stages, but its hard to know if thats more referring to the more traditional multiplayer side of things than warzone.
    They previously referred to warzone as being a kind of throughline for future Cods - I'd expect that at some point, Black ops becomes the main game, and we start seeing the operators from that game in warzone (or even on a seperate warzone map, but hopefully your modern warfare skins and operators can also be used).

personally, id be much more inclined to buy an operator or tracer pack if i was sure it wasnt going to be useless come november.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I've won two solos (it is a great feeling). Just finished fourth in one there, there were 8 left and I really quickly killed three in a row (out of necessity) the fourth guy was just one too many. He went on to win it.

I don't know where I stand with solos on the one hand I hate it and on the other I love it. :)
    It's a lot more intense than when you're grouped up which doesn't make sense as you're not letting anyone down but yourself. We've all been there when you drive your team into a gas filled ravine, haven't we, eh?

• Advertisement

I don't know where I stand with solos on the one hand I hate it and on the other I love it. :)

Have you found that Solos has changed a lot in the last few weeks? The beginning of a solos game is frantic, and in the end, there is a big lull until it gets frantic again for the final ten or so.

I dunno if people are playing super aggressive at the beginning or if the game is just poorly balanced because circle sizes are designed for buy backs and that doesn't happen in solos, but eitherway, when there are about 20 left the circle is often MASSIVE.

I've only been playing since near the end of Season 3 and only ever 'solo'. My K/D is woeful (0.36) but I have managed one win! I was too busy concentrating on the game to realise how many were left in the game. I reckon if I'd known that it was down to the last two...I'd have panicked and threw it away with the adrenaline rush! My highest number of kills in one game is only six and that was only last week...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Did they "take out" killing people in the warmup or just cock it up? Because it was very on and off for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I think this will be the final Season I don't think we will have a Season 6 unless they postpone Black Ops Cold War although rumour there will be some clues or subtile adverting in Season 5. I believe Majority of IW team will have started to focus on Modern Warfare 2 for next year already. Don't forget to turn on your PS4 tomorrow morning (7am) to install the downloaded update as I'm sure it will have to make changes to the existing game files which might take some time

errlloyd wrote: »
    Have you found that Solos has changed a lot in the last few weeks? The beginning of a solos game is frantic, and in the end, there is a big lull until it gets frantic again for the final ten or so.

I was doing a lot more co-op before. I had tried it but found it impossible and very slow. EVERY loadout drop and buy station was camped. They still are but if you take off early for the drops you typically get away. I tend not to go for the second one as it's too risky. Plus there's a lot of good guns on the floor that I'm comfortable with at various ranges.
    I've started playing it a lot slower which is helping oh and shotguns lots and lots of shotguns.
    I do agree though there's an early burst then nothing seems to happen for 20 minutes and the last 2 or 3 minutes are mental.

I do think WZ is optimised for trios

• Advertisement

No to shotguns. No way.

I don't know. Picked up an origin off the floor and decimated people with it. Got a legendary 680 out of a box while I was being hunted. Massacred the guy then realised he wasn't the guy and massacred the guy when he turned up later. I'm not very good. Shotgun very good.

You need to be close but they just delete people instantly.

That's probably the difference. I don't like being that close to them at all :)

I can't bring myself to bother committing to unlocking the Bruen to use in WZ so still run a Grau/SMG combo. Am very happy to hang on to a Harpy or Toxic Remains if I can pick them up.

aye unlocking the Bruen is a mare. I did it on shipment 24/7. At one point I had a Geordie screaming at me "WILL THE PEOPLE ON MY TEAM STOOP DROOPING FOOKING SMUKE"
    Sometimes I break out in spontaneous laughter just thinking about it.

My favourite is still the MP5, again need to be near really. I'll take the bruen if I get a second loadout but typically will have one anyway or a kilo/m13 from the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Was up early and on PS4 the install applied in a couple of seconds only problem is the bloody servers are down. Will try again later

Was up early and on PS4 the install applied in a couple of seconds only problem is the bloody servers are down. Will try again later

I couldn't log in but when I shut it down and relaunched it worked although I didn't try and get into a game. They replaced normal BR solo with buyback BR solo which I haven't tried before.

I was playing from about 6:30 until about 7:45. I take it that the update was at 8?

It was live and installed when I fired it up at 7:33

50GB on Xbox.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

50GB it's ridiculous. Time to delete some games as all the COD updates now take up 60% of my HDD

• Advertisement

Download speeds are poxy. Bout 2MB/S on pc. I saw people used a proxy last time to get the USA download servers. Anyone tried that?

antodeco wrote: »
    50GB it's ridiculous. Time to delete some games as all the COD updates now take up 60% of my HDD

this one is supposed to make the game smaller by removing some unnecessary files. I deleted co-op but the size didn't seem to reduce, then some weeks later it went from 198GB to 170something. Couldn't delete the campaign as it seems to be tied into the MP

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Servers seem to have picked up now. Took an hour to get to 10% and now less than 10 minutes to get to 15%. Hopefully be ready by lunchtime!

this one is supposed to make the game smaller by removing some unnecessary files. I deleted co-op but the size didn't seem to reduce, then some weeks later it went from 198GB to 170something. Couldn't delete the campaign as it seems to be tied into the MP

Theyve been saying that for the last 3 seasons it feels like.

Theyve been saying that for the last 3 seasons it feels like.

Definitely.

Had no problems downloading this morning. Then again, I don't have to live in Ireland do don't have to suffer ****e broadband.

Are the servers ok? Last 3 Season updates the servers and matchmaking were an unholy mess for hours afterwards.

Anyone play a few games yet? just wondering what the floor loot is like, I though season 4's was a great mix, although i did miss the famas.

From what I can tell the FAL, mp7, Bizon and the M13 are gone.

The Ram is still there. The origin, uzi, p90, a silenced pump shotgun, kar (no attachments), are all there.

I don't tend to use LMGs so can't really comment

no surprise the FAL is gone, you can imagine the devs after the last patch saying "what the hell did we do to the FAL in WZ?"
    MP7 is a surprise but it was probably the dominant gun to get early on from the floor

no surprise the FAL is gone, you can imagine the devs after the last patch saying "what the hell did we do to the FAL in WZ?"
    MP7 is a surprise but it was probably the dominant gun to get early on from the floor

yup, we'd often play a 2 loadout game, but if I got a harpy or a toxic bizon I'd forego that, they were so strong straight out of the crates.

• Advertisement

Id happily rock that base FAL into the mid game in season 4. Loved it. Mp7 too.

I'm getting disconnection issues for the first time ever right now. They've made solos into the buy back one, so no Gulag. As long as you die with 4.5k you respawn. They've also added Juggernauts to solos.

One of the better changes is they have added external winch points to lots of buildings. For example Superstore has two. They work like a lift shaft but you're quite exposed

Advertisement