Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Only played a few games since vehicles have been removed, and I think overall I've benefitted.

Came 2nd, 3rd & 4th in the space of five games yesterday in Trios & Quads with my teams getting much higher kill games. I think it forces people more central early doors - no quick dives to grab a chopper & loot outside the circle.

That's not to say there's not some drawbacks. It's rendered Supply Runs near useless as a way to bring back teammates, and Most Wanted is a LOT tougher to survive.

Removed all rocket launchers from my loadouts in favour of a pistol with Fully Loaded which I think has been a solid help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I dunno, vehicles are a must when the gas is so punishing, its not like pubg where you can faff around in the blue for ages during the first few phases.

I do wish they'd make it so that the first circle isnt visible when leaving the plane, that was always a great element of chance in pubg, where you discovered you had to hot foot it from an unlucky drop.

You can outrun every gas but the first one.

Vehicles are absolutely not necessary at all. I far prefer crossing the map bit by bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

New Intel Misson can **** right off

Need to do the stadium Easter egg for part 5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Got my first gold skin last night, on the trusty M4. saw that I had most of the camos done naturally, it was just a matter of a few longshots and about 35 mounted kills. Was easy enough to finish off via shoot the ship and kingslayer royale. Not sure I'd be bothered going for any others apart from the Kilo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's always longshots and mounted kills that are left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Sad to see Kingslayer gone. I've had a few goes on the Solo BR which would have been my usual game. I'm still shíte at it!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I'm loving hardcore shipment at the minute. I managed to get 80 kills in one game last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Got my first gold skin last night, on the trusty M4. saw that I had most of the camos done naturally, it was just a matter of a few longshots and about 35 mounted kills. Was easy enough to finish off via shoot the ship and kingslayer royale. Not sure I'd be bothered going for any others apart from the Kilo though.

I could have written this! Went through the same route last week
    I did Shoot The Ship for about an hour trying to sort Mounted Kills.

Am I right in thinking to unlock Damascus and whatever else, you've to first unlock Gold for All Assault Rifles, and then do the individual weapon challenges?

I could have written this! Went through the same route last week
    I did Shoot The Ship for about an hour trying to sort Mounted Kills.

Am I right in thinking to unlock Damascus and whatever else, you've to first unlock Gold for All Assault Rifles, and then do the individual weapon challenges?

for platinum, you've to get gold on all weapons in that category - i.e, all assault rifles, all smg, sniper , etc.
    For Damascus, its gold on all weapons :eek: so not a hope i'll even bother.

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I'm loving hardcore shipment at the minute. I managed to get 80 kills in one game last night

Did you manage to kill anyone on the enemy team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Did you manage to kill anyone on the enemy team?

I actually got very few teammate kills :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I actually got very few teammate kills :pac:

Great for ranking up the kills best to get the two teammate kills at the beginning just so your not pissing anyone off.

I was on a great streak in hc shoothouse and a team mate came trampling round the corner like an elephant just asking to be shot, I duly obliged, sighed and waited there for the few seconds for him to come back and kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I was on a great streak in hc shoothouse and a team mate came trampling round the corner like an elephant just asking to be shot, I duly obliged, sighed and waited there for the few seconds for him to come back and kill me.

I do lose the rag on hardcore if I'm a kill of my streak and they kill me. Or even lads who turn towards me give it a couple of seconds and then kill me for no reason then I'll hunt them down. I do like Shoot house for getting my longshots and mounted kills done on gun challanges

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

for platinum, you've to get gold on all weapons in that category - i.e, all assault rifles, all smg, sniper , etc.
    For Damascus, its gold on all weapons :eek: so not a hope i'll even bother.

Only the ones that were in the game at launch, then if you want damascus on the added guns you need to complete all the challenges on it.

Doff wrote: »
    Only the ones that were in the game at launch, then if you want damascus on the added guns you need to complete all the challenges on it.

I platinumed the smgs recently and it automatically platted the Fennec and Striker, or at least it said that it did, I didn't check. I did see somewhere else you do have to do the challenges individually on the dlc guns.

edit. now I think of it it probably gave me the gold and platinum camos but to get damascus I'll need to do the individual challenges

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    New Intel Misson can **** right off

Need to do the stadium Easter egg for part 5

Got it, :) bloody hard on solos

If anyone wants to do the stadium Easter egg for the blueprint do it in 3s,

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Has anyone else found that it's near impossible to win in th Gulag now?

antodeco wrote: »
    Has anyone else found that it's near impossible to win in th Gulag now?

No, funnily enough, won all my gulags last night except 1.
    The problem is, I'm going to the gulag a lot more! every match seems to be against absolute savages, where we're getting team wiped at the first encounter.
    The games were great craic, but the level of competition at the moment is off the scale, even taking a long drop to a quiet area doesn't seem to pan out at the moment.

No, funnily enough, won all my gulags last night except 1.
    The problem is, I'm going to the gulag a lot more! every match seems to be against absolute savages, where we're getting team wiped at the first encounter.
    The games were great craic, but the level of competition at the moment is off the scale, even taking a long drop to a quiet area doesn't seem to pan out at the moment.

There was a big tournament on last night so plenty of streamers & pro CDL players in lobbies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

There was a big tournament on last night so plenty of streamers & pro CDL players in lobbies

I'll blame my bad performance on that then!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Ah here, theres millions of players online at this, the odds of me turning up in a tournament lobby of any sort must be minuscule

Ah here, theres millions of players online at this, the odds of me turning up in a tournament lobby of any sort must be minuscule

they arent tournament lobbiesas such,

they play in normal lobbies as a quad of 2 v 2 and split scores they do have best of 5/3 sometimes so there can be loads and loads of them in random lobbies

and theres nearly always ones on every night just last night was a big one that Activison were hosting ao there was lots of the big names out, i got killed by Wuskin from the Royal London Ravens in one game an Jukeyz in another

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

, i got killed by Wuskin from the Royal London Ravens in one game an Jukeyz in another

Jukeyz is an absolute animal!

Played a few games of warzone rumble there... Laggy as ****

Did get a nice 12 kill streak on one though

Servers down for anyone else?

Just wanted to take some heads of with a HDR for a few mins

Another heartbeat sensor glitch out there now that kills you when you take it out aparantly

the only reason I'm not using stuns or flashes is the rage when I stun or flash someone and they still kill me, also taking it out and looking at it gives me something to do when camping

got the flame rounds for the R90 yesterday, sliding around hc shipment was rough on everybody

• Advertisement

Loving warzone rumble, pure Bob lee swagger **** levelling up the HDR and Rytec

Hope they keep it around for a while but think it's only back for the weekend

Advertisement