Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've been Plundering all weekend. It's difficult when you are on your own against teams...but still enjoyable.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've been Plundering all weekend. It's difficult when you are on your own against teams...but still enjoyable.

its a fun mode, less stressfull than BR with randoms

good for doing the intel missions and easter eggs and that as there is no gas to restrict movement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

ok I took some feedback and spent a lot of the weekend playing warzone with various builds.
    I have ditched the grau as my go too loadout

Primarily cos I had 1 issue. I was losing a lot of those one on one encounters where you both startle each other around a corner and it become a 50/50 and despite landing shots I lost a lot of them.
    So I discovered a metric of time-to-kill and it made sense.

I think I like the Grau cos I like the aim/recoil on it but decided for a change and I settled for the moment on the M4A1 -( I don't have all attachments unlocked)

Muzzle compensator
    optic solozero NVG Enhanced
    underbarrel commando foregrip
    rear grip rubberized grip tape
    Ammo - 60 round mag

gonna give this a lash for a few days and see how i get on.
    keep 2nd weapon as HDR as before as I seem to be doing well with that.

I played a heap of games this weekend - usual grief with random team mates.

Sunday morning came 2nd and 4th and was pleased with myself. Logged in last night and played with a decent squad.

They had to buy me back 5 times...it became a running joke.

the utter shame.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

M4 is a good all rounder and one of the stronger guns in the game
    Mono suppressor
    Commando grip
    60 rounds
    m16 barrel
    Optic/stippled grip or a gun perk would be my set up for WZ

I made an mp7 loadout with a renetti and fully loaded for a late drop following a post on here

Just thinking the only thing that went right for me this weekend was when running into another player, surprising us both just as I was changing to my rocket launcher to drop it for ground loot. It didn't end well for him.

• Advertisement

we shouldve really set up a boards clan or a proper thread on here for people looking for games to post in, maybe for Cold Warzone?

also a custmom lobby where we could have a boards battle royale would be great haha

gimli2112 wrote: »
    M4 is a good all rounder and one of the stronger guns in the game
    Mono suppressor
    Commando grip
    60 rounds
    m16 barrel
    Optic/stippled grip or a gun perk would be my set up for WZ

I made an mp7 loadout with a renetti and fully loaded for a late drop following a post on here

Just thinking the only thing that went right for me this weekend was when running into another player, surprising us both just as I was changing to my rocket launcher to drop it for ground loot. It didn't end well for him.

hopefully i'll unlock mono suppressor soon and use that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

paw patrol wrote: »
    hopefully i'll unlock mono suppressor soon and use that

Use shipment on double xp you'll unlock it in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I generally alternate between the m13 and the m4 although I've been trying the grau and an94? Recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Use shipment on double xp you'll unlock it in no time

I was messing with the EBR yesterday, leveled it up 24 levels in one round on Shipment. :pac:

(was also using 2 double tokens)

• Advertisement

Shipment should never be taken put of the rotation
    When I'm too drunk for WZ I go to MP
    When I'm too drunk for MP I go to shipment
    You're never too drunk for shipment

heads up that the Season 6 update out at 7am tomorrow, file size is due to be about 20GB

might load up the PS$ before i start work and let it install in the background, be arsed waiting for it to install in the evening before a game

Watching a youtuber earlier, he's one of the many that bemoans SBMM. He was playing with two other lads and they won 14 out of 21 WZ games in the session.
    The Origin probably won't be floor loot after the patch. They'll probably replace it with another shottie.

i actually like SBMM

like im not great at COD, i play it for a laugh, so regular games where i have a K/D in similar numbers suits me rateher than playing game after game getting walloped 2-55 or whatever by little nerds looking to abuse the game for veiws

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I really get fed up with all this SBMM nonsense 10 years ago it was different now everyone has some experience with fps and they watch videos and social media to see what the best weapons loadouts and tactics are, I just play whoever I get matched with and enjoy the games for what they are. I mean I saw the ginger lad optic scumpie complaining about SBMM in Coldwar yet he went on a 20 kill streak, I mean come on most players aren't going to get that playing against players with high skill levels.

Anyway Season 6 coming this week I hit level 155 and completed the Battlepass 4 weeks ago and haven't played since! That's why I do hope they bring back prestige mode in Cold War as I'm not going to play unless I've goals to reach which is the great thing about prestiging it keeps you invested all year round

Scump went 33-3 in that game you're talking about.
    I never really liked prestiging, it was such a chore unlocking everything and then you lose it. Provided they let you keep one or two things I'd be ok with it.
    I used always prestige to 7 cos I'm odd like that. MW2/Blops2 and MW3 anyway when I played regular.

Just got to the final three on solos. Lost because I had a nade and not a C4. Threw the wrong thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    i actually like SBMM

like im not great at COD, i play it for a laugh, so regular games where i have a K/D in similar numbers suits me rateher than playing game after game getting walloped 2-55 or whatever by little nerds looking to abuse the game for veiws

The argument that SBMM makes the game sweaty at every level,meaning nobody that cares about stats etc can just play for fun is valid imo....but i also remember spanking players around the old CoDs too and thinking that it cant be much fun for them

Excuse my ignorance...what's SBMM?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Excuse my ignorance...what's SBMM?

Skill based match making - putting people in lobbies with players of similar skills to make the game more enjoyable

the youtube neeks hate it that they cant go destroy lobbies as easy anymore

• Advertisement

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Skill based match making - putting people in lobbies with players of similar skills to make the game more enjoyable

the youtube neeks hate it that they cant go destroy lobbies as easy anymore

I didn't realise that they did that! Is it based on your K/D ratio?

It's kind of sad that these YouTubers want to be in noob lobbies just to go on high streaks, they will even do reverse boosting to get a poor K/D to get worse players to play against.

no one knows for sure. it looks at your recent games and how you did and then puts you up or down. Activision or IW said it wasn't in WZ when it clearly is. The difference between a top player's lobbies and mine are laughable.
    there's a good video looking at Swagg's akimbo pistol nuke where he has clearly reverse boosted to get into a bad lobby. there's no way he gets that in his regular lobbies, Swagg's an excellent player but you don't do that at a certain level.

Scump went 33-3 in that game you're talking about.
    I never really liked prestiging, it was such a chore unlocking everything and then you lose it. Provided they let you keep one or two things I'd be ok with it.
    I used always prestige to 7 cos I'm odd like that. MW2/Blops2 and MW3 anyway when I played regular.

Oh I know prestiging can be a pain but you can just sit at level 55 of prestige 1 without needing to prestige and still do the officer challanges and the Battlepass, that would keep everyone happy

no one knows for sure. it looks at your recent games and how you did and then puts you up or down. Activision or IW said it wasn't in WZ when it clearly is. The difference between a top player's lobbies and mine are laughable.
    there's a good video looking at Swagg's akimbo pistol nuke where he has clearly reverse boosted to get into a bad lobby. there's no way he gets that in his regular lobbies, Swagg's an excellent player but you don't do that at a certain level.
    It's kind of sad that these YouTubers want to be in noob lobbies just to go on high streaks, they will even do reverse boosting to get a poor K/D to get worse players to play against.

I saw IamMarksman, probably the best snd player, on his second account literally run rings around a guy (5 or 6 times) before he killed him. It made me sad to be that bad.

I saw IamMarksman, probably the best snd player, on his second account literally run rings around a guy (5 or 6 times) before he killed him. It made me sad to be that bad.

Every game of warzone is a bit of a sweat. I do wish the SBMM would give me a balance of games that were 20% below my level and 20% above my level. I'll happily be someone's low hanging fruit once, if I still get the buzz of feeling like a god every now and then.

A couple of lads were caught reverse boosting for a 50k Warzone tourney,let themselves be killed in 10/15 games before it to get easier lobbies in the tournament

Cheating's a big problem with SBMM as all the cheaters end up in the top ranks. I can totally understand how frustrating that must be for guys who are regularly getting killed by an aimbot. I really don't see a lot of this at my level and yet someone like Nickmercs sees it daily.
    Although I could be cheated on and wouldn't know. I had one very obvious one where a guy saw me through a wall and insta headshotted me with a bruen, from 50M, when coming round a corner and one involving a Kar 98 I'd rather not speak about. It definitely happens on console but not near as much as on PC or at higher skill levels

I do think SBMM has it's place. Not only am I age disadvantadged but the kids these days are playing with scuff controllers, on monitors, control freaks, better internet and real gaming chairs.:o

What's everyones stats looking like,I'm top 4% in the world for wins but that's not saying much from the 10+ million players on it :pac::pac:

All duo/trio/quad BR

16 wins
    197 top 10s
    1.1 kd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I'd be happy with a separate ranked playlist where they can put more effort into balancing SBMM, then have playlists like Ground War/Infected where it doesn't use SBMM.

Advertisement