Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Dozyart wrote: »
    What's everyones stats looking like,I'm top 4% in the world for wins but that's not saying much from the 10+ million players on it :pac::pac:

All duo/trio/quad BR

16 wins
    197 top 10s
    1.1 kd

I'd need to check my top 10s. I only play Solo -

1 win
    0.37 K/D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Penfailed wrote: »

1 win
    0.37 K/D

I tip my hat to anyone playing solo,i cant do it....years of PUBG solo minding my own business and get the sh1t scared out of me from a headshot from nowhere has put me off BR solos :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

8 wins (all solos)

67 top tens.

1.16 kd ratio

I'm quite happy with converting 15 percent of my top tens into wins. I'd be interested in seeing my top ten KD ratio, because I'm usually quite good there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

16 wins (1 solo, I'm not sure if I've mentioned that)
    112 top 5 man I choke a lot
    256 top tens jesus this is worse whose idea was it to look at stats
    0.90 KDR probably 1.00 sober

Doff wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a separate ranked playlist where they can put more effort into balancing SBMM, then have playlists like Ground War/Infected where it doesn't use SBMM.

no-one would play the one without sbmm but I agree there should be an option to turn it off.

• Advertisement

1 win
    0.37 K/D

33 Top 10s

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

1 win
    0.37 K/D

My K/D is awful. I reckon if I restarted now it would be so much better as it took me ages to get used to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

KD is a fairly blunt tool for working out where you might need to improve.

It's much more relevant to ask if you are winning your gunfights or not?

If you are winning your gunfights and your KD is still lower than you'd like than there is something wrong with your positioning and movement.

If you are losing all your gunfights, but you have a great KD, then you need to jump on shipment or shoothouse for 48 hours so you can practice 400 gun fights before going back into warzone. Because you're probably a BRILLIANT Warzone player, but you can't pratice gunfights as effectively in Verdansk, because you can only do it once every 10 minutes, instead of once every 4 seconds. .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Also having strong SBMM means KD is even more irrelevant than ever. The entire system pushes everyone towards 1

Depending on who's in your party it can feel like playing an entirely different game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah my k/d is something like 1.7 but mostly because I'm teamed up with friends who are much lower k/d, so when things even out, games tend to be slightly easier for me and slightly tougher for them.

You can still have a healthy k/d without being very good at 1v1 just by having decent positioning and game sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

4 wins (all solo) thought I had one or two more than that :(
    26 Top 5
    K/D 1.09

I am happy enough with that for the amount I play I think and my age..., at least my K/D is positive

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1310655585952489473?s=19

Looks like a night mode/ zombie br end of October

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Top 5% K/D 1.05

6 wins All solo - hardly ever play anything else
    53 top 10

Only played 52m of multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    4 wins (all solo) thought I had one or two more than that :(
    26 Top 5
    K/D 1.09

I am happy enough with that for the amount I play I think and my age..., at least my K/D is positive

I've not had a positive K/D ratio since 2011:D

Origin (near damage) and C4s (small delay in quick detonation) nerfed. Origin's problem was the fact it was floor loot. I have an Origin loadout and never picked it up.
    C4 I don't run and it's an important tool against vehicles which I hope they don't go to crazy on.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I've not had a positive K/D ratio since 2011:D

I definitely peaked in COD4, its been very much downhill from then on!

FYI, if youre on PS$, as well as the update file theres a data pack and survival pack to be downloaded as well

good job i wasnt in a hurry for a quick game haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    FYI, if youre on PS$, as well as the update file theres a data pack and survival pack to be downloaded as well

good job i wasnt in a hurry for a quick game haha

Is that after it's installed the main update? Just checked my PS4 and it's there ready to play...need to wait til I've finished work at 1 though...

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Is that after it's installed the main update? Just checked my PS4 and it's there ready to play...need to wait til I've finished work at 1 though...

yeah i preloaded the main update last night then when i went into the game just there there was another 2 dowloads

one of the advantages of working from home, I don't have to slip out of the office for a couple of hours rush home and redownload something. Employers don't know how good this wfh business is for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Downloaded new season overnight

PS4 was humming like a beast this morning, but job done and that's the important thing.

14 Wins (6 Solos, 8 Teams)
    63 Top 5
    142 Top 10
    K/D 0.74 (But I swear, I play closer to 0.9 now - took me a LONG time to cop on to Warzone)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

gimli2112 wrote: »
    no one knows for sure. it looks at your recent games and how you did and then puts you up or down. Activision or IW said it wasn't in WZ when it clearly is. The difference between a top player's lobbies and mine are laughable.
    there's a good video looking at Swagg's akimbo pistol nuke where he has clearly reverse boosted to get into a bad lobby. there's no way he gets that in his regular lobbies, Swagg's an excellent player but you don't do that at a certain level.

I saw IamMarksman, probably the best snd player, on his second account literally run rings around a guy (5 or 6 times) before he killed him. It made me sad to be that bad.

I used to watch Marksman back in the day but unsubscribed when he went over to Fortnite, decided to check his channel out again when I saw he was invited to play Coldwar and resubscribed, he doesn't moan about SBMM or call Modern. warfare crap he just a fantastic player at Search and Destroy whoever he plays with even on his second account.
    Dropping 30 kills in a game of search is damn impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Campers rejoice.......although, if you're brave enough to take a bunker, the reward of this and enough for a loadout along with ammo/armour boxes, you'll be setup for what should be an easy enough win, if you play smart.

120277028_1461816067357999_1923932844502058626_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=8QNzF7D5FMQAX8AInEX&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=8df098dc3b7b7e6c57f953dbeeadf64b&oe=5F97C316

120411741_1461816077357998_9120519528870739864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=AEhUfxEkfq8AX_47LXc&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=22255b8cdc8ed95ba86338d0b7ac94e1&oe=5F980CC8

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Campers rejoice.......although, if you're brave enough to take a bunker, the reward of this and enough for a loadout along with ammo/armour boxes, you'll be setup for what should be an easy enough win, if you play smart.

120277028_1461816067357999_1923932844502058626_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=8QNzF7D5FMQAX8AInEX&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=8df098dc3b7b7e6c57f953dbeeadf64b&oe=5F97C316

120411741_1461816077357998_9120519528870739864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=AEhUfxEkfq8AX_47LXc&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=22255b8cdc8ed95ba86338d0b7ac94e1&oe=5F980CC8

*chuckles in Gimli*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Skill based match making - putting people in lobbies with players of similar skills to make the game more enjoyable

the youtube neeks hate it that they cant go destroy lobbies as easy anymore

funny you say this. I didn't know this.

I'm a casual player just for the laugh. probably a few times a week .

Anyway up till and including season 3 on warzone I was getting in top 10 in many games. One 1 solo and a few teams (before they split into quads etc...)

From season 4 on I've been utter gash.. I though I was just over taken by fellas with more practice even blame my sh1tty internet and PS4.

Maybe this skills based match making is to blame. If so , I desperately need a relegation.

I used to watch Marksman back in the day but unsubscribed when he went over to Fortnite, decided to check his channel out again when I saw he was invited to play Coldwar and resubscribed, he doesn't moan about SBMM or call Modern. warfare crap he just a fantastic player at Search and Destroy whoever he plays with even on his second account.
    Dropping 30 kills in a game of search is damn impressive.

He does complain but not to the same extent as others and his arguments are more valid. His main problem is he plays solo a lot, so the game looks at him (and bear in mind he's probably the best at snd) and plops him into a group of bots against a semi decent team. He then destroys the other team, no one on his side gets any kills and if by chance he gets killed the opponents steam roll his teammates. It ends up with no-one being happy.
    He's an absolute mug as a person but I kind of think he understands that and he really really is very good and demands respect as a player.

I think he'd get destroyed at pro-level in other modes but in s&d he would hold his own. The way he thinks and how he plays is very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

yeah i preloaded the main update last night then when i went into the game just there there was another 2 dowloads

Well it's loaded...sitting there waiting for me on my TV, distracting me from "working".

I'm certainly up for playing with people from here - used to have great craic with the boards crew on GTAV a few years back. I'm not particularly good, but I do what I'm told!

PSN mrhoop66
    Warzone Hoop66

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Do Cod Points carry over to the next game or is it best to just squander any you have now on this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

mutley18 wrote: »
    Do Cod Points carry over to the next game or is it best to just squander any you have now on this game?

They have carried over for the last couple of games and I would expect the same will happen with cod points from Modern Warfare to Coldwar

Advertisement