Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

gimli2112 wrote: »
    He does complain but not to the same extent as others and his arguments are more valid. His main problem is he plays solo a lot, so the game looks at him (and bear in mind he's probably the best at snd) and plops him into a group of bots against a semi decent team. He then destroys the other team, no one on his side gets any kills and if by chance he gets killed the opponents steam roll his teammates. It ends up with no-one being happy.
    He's an absolute mug as a person but I kind of think he understands that and he really really is very good and demands respect as a player.

I think he'd get destroyed at pro-level in other modes but in s&d he would hold his own. The way he thinks and how he plays is very interesting.

Yeah I'd say he is a bit of a dick although he seems to have calmed down from a few years back. He really knows his way around maps, all the best points on the maps, where the other team are going to come from and where to throw grenades. And he just moves forward aggressively no hanging back and camping
    I don't bother with his videos where he is playing with his friends as that's not much of a challange.
    Look at Dr Disrespect in Warzone playing solos he is just not that good and blames the game even playing with teammates he usually gets eliminated first

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think it's just Dr Disrespects thing, pretending to be the best. I watch a lot of Nickmercs now, I find him really funny. He's so good at WZ, unbelievably aggressive, kind of obnoxious at times but not really in a bad way. Not happy about SBMM but never complains and has a bigger issue with cheating. Some of the things they've done on stream have been hilarious

Quads but only allowed communicate without opening your mouth
    Protect the president (Timthetatman who only has a pistol)
    Snipers only
    Make a loadout for your teammate (max recoil AKs and the like)

I can't damn well win with fully optimised loadouts and this is what they are doing at the higher levels of SBMM and ruining people with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think it's just Dr Disrespects thing, pretending to be the best. I watch a lot of Nickmercs now, I find him really funny. He's so good at WZ, unbelievably aggressive, kind of obnoxious at times but not really in a bad way. Not happy about SBMM but never complains and has a bigger issue with cheating. Some of the things they've done on stream have been hilarious

Quads but only allowed communicate without opening your mouth
    Protect the president (Timthetatman who only has a pistol)
    Snipers only
    Make a loadout for your teammate (max recoil AKs and the like)

I can't damn well win with fully optimised loadouts and this is what they are doing at the higher levels of SBMM and ruining people with it.

TBH, that guy thats partnering up with Doc at the moment is an incredible player 'zlaner', he seems to consistently be outplaying / reviving Doc and racks up some serious kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Loaded it up there and the train spawns over by boneyard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I watch Nickmercs for a bit of a laugh, "que pasa?".
    He's titles are always a little click baity, but he's entertaining.

Seen a few vids from Vikkstar, but he's a bit annoying, seems like very little craic. Although he'd damn good. They once won a game of Quads with ZERO kills.

JGod is worth a follow if you're looking to improve. The level of effort he puts into his videos is ridiculous, showing off recoil patterns of every gun with every attachment, explaining how various killstreaks work to the most minute specifics, and goes through some loadout styles as well to help maximise your game. Definitely worth a sub, quite likeable as well. I think someone was referring to him earlier when mentioning SBMM.

• Advertisement

JGOD and Exclusive ACE are excellent. I called Exclusive ACE out for whinging about SBMM and he responded to me. The pair of them are at it but I do appreciate what they do.

Really like JackFrags who seems a pretty relaxed individual.

I watch a lot more of this stuff now than I do tv. It doesn't make me any better but we continue to live in hope.

JGOD is good, but his talking style is very shouty and I cant take it for long videos.
    A top tier player with good advice is IcemanIssac, for a streamer that is more on the level of us mere mortals, Averagesniper is worth a look.

JGOD and Exclusive ACE are excellent. I called Exclusive ACE out for whinging about SBMM and he responded to me. The pair of them are at it but I do appreciate what they do.

I watch a lot more of this stuff now than I do tv. It doesn't make me any better but we continue to live in hope.

Ace is the better of the two was calling out the likes of Thunder for moaning about SBMM in the cold war alpha as he didn't see any evidence of it.
    Nick Mercs nah he blocked Eight Thoughts for no reason as Eight Thoughts used his picture in a thumbnail for a video.
    I like Thunder but he just moans about SBMM and hates MW yet he sits in rooms camping with a 725 and claymores.
    Sour is very good if you want help getting the officer challanges done worth a sub
    https://www.youtube.com/c/S0urPatchAdults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

I'd watch Jukeyz a good bit if im watching any, or Skrapz/Wuskin for the abuse they give back to people in game chat haha

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Whats the deal with the gulag recently? Seems every time I get sent there the person I'm against is 2-3 seconds ahead of me. I was hoping it would be fixed with the update but it hasn't. I'm on PC btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 pinking

Been watching Korean Savage for the last few months he is insane, guy can drop nukes at will in multiplayer

pinking wrote: »
    Been watching Korean Savage for the last few months he is insane, guy can drop nukes at will in multiplayer

Yeah rumour is be his reverse boosting and using a CronusMax dongle rapid fire mods.
    Also he setup a GoFundMe for his Dad who has an illness that his fans contributed $50K yet he bought a sports car and mansion so could well afford paying for his dad's treatment.
    So don't like the little scam artist

KoreanSavage is definitely a reverse booster but he's admitted it himself in the past. I watch him quite a bit and he's entertaining. He freely admits he's not the best player in the world but he's pretty handy. He performed pretty well in a WZ tourney with Swagg early on. the gofundme thing was lame although I didn't look closely into it.
    I don't know about the cheating but some of them certainly do. The money involved is too good. Someone like Nickmercs is making $40-$50K a month from twitch alone.

stay in school make something out of your life Gimli
    grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

NickMercs is a prick imo,I was watching a 100k tourney he was in,a few smaller streamers i follow also qualified....they ended up in the same match and the smaller streamers got the jump on them from the top of buildings near hangers,Nickmercs team where out in the open but he decides they must be stream sniping because seemingly nobody is allowed kill the top players.....the amount of hate they got in their streams and twitter for the rest of the tourney was ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dozyart wrote: »
    NickMercs is a prick imo,I was watching a 100k tourney he was in,a few smaller streamers i follow also qualified....they ended up in the same match and the smaller streamers got the jump on them from the top of buildings near hangers,Nickmercs team where out in the open but he decides they must be stream sniping because seemingly nobody is allowed kill the top players.....the amount of hate they got in their streams and twitter for the rest of the tourney was ridiculous!

I've noticed a lot of the Twitch streamers are genuinely asshats, itsIron, symfunny and Timthetattman are just genuine dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Vicxas wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of the Twitch streamers are genuinely asshats, itsIron, symfunny and Timthetattman are just genuine dicks.

I'd agree from what ive seen,most of the streamers i follow are ones i followed from Mixer,top players but small community were everyone knows each other in chat etc ,so they havent disappeared up their own arses...yet :pac:

Few things.

1: The train spawn is now random! Which is a huge improvement. Much more fun.

2: I got the random PC crash people have been complaing about. :(

3: I used the Subway while being bountied, it works just fine. I imagine it was a real pain in the but for the guy hunting me. (He had just gone red when the train showed up)

4: No Origin floor loot anymore, but I picked up a legendary one in a crate at it ruined people.

5: Killstreaks seem to be much more plentiful in loot. Every single game I've had to throw away precision airstrikes to pick up UAVs. I've also floor looted a self res in every game I have played so far.

the VLK shottie seems to be floor loot now but I haven't played

there's a glitch in super store now apparently where there's no armour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's not letting me into multiplayer, saying I need ps plus but yet my sub isn't up till 08/21 :(

Plenty on twitter having the same issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

2 game breaking glitches at the moment:

Go on subway train
    use restock perk with medical syringe
    Stay on train during gas

Or

Go on subway train
    Use lethal/rocket to down yourself
    Keep tapping self revive

For some reason the subway resets the tick timers allowing you to live forever with both methods. I've seen it in 2 games now so hopefully it will pick up enough speed that it gets hotfixed overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Well that was an enjoyable evening! Four games. First one, I landed in, was immediately killed and lost the Gulag. Second one, finished fifth. Third one finished tenth. Last one, finished twelfth. It's not often that I have a run like that.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

How are people finding the Armour Royale? Quite enjoying it, although it can get v annoying if your team members just flail around in the truck. Won my second time out, but I was with some guys who knew what they were doing!

The kill streak kill confirmed game mode is good craic and handy if you are levelling up your launchers etc Station map is a nice small map if you jump into a private match and shoot the 6 concrete pieces jutting out from the building it will show you 5 numbers and a keypad enter the numbers on the keypad and this joint gummy bear appears, if doing it solo you might have to kill yourself as it takes a full lmg mag to destroy one of the masonary bits on the wall

Has anyone playing on PC tried installing Dobly Atmos? It claims to work for Warzone, and effectively turn any stereo headset into something pretty close to surround sound.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Has anyone playing on PC tried installing Dobly Atmos? It claims to work for Warzone, and effectively turn any stereo headset into something pretty close to surround sound.

Not on PC, but tried it on xbox when there was a free trial. Didnt notice any major enhancements tbh, Windows sonic is free, and to my ears was a better bet.

Just got my first solos win of the new season there. Really rode my luck, I think 4 times I was dropped to my final sliver of health but got time to plate up and survive.

Finished with 11 kills but 4000 damage dealt - there are defo more self res's around. I find myself finishing off almost everyone in solos.

Looks like Origin has been rotated out for the VLK, and the P90 has been swapped for the MP5 from my experience.

So modern warfare decided to uninstall itself from my console this evening.

I quit out of the game to put the kids to bed. Came back and the PS4 wouldn't load anything. Tried to restart and it hung. Had to hard power off the console to get it to respond.

When it did come back Modern warfare was completely gone. So now I've 7 hours of downloads ahead of me... Yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I had a game during my lunch break earlier as I was working from home today. Got a kill and then ended up out of armour in a big two story building. I ran from top to bottom looking for armour but couldn't get any. I thought that I'd be safer to stay put until the circle started to close in before moving on. The next thing I'm getting messages from the fella that I had killed. I could see that someone was watching but didn't realise that it was them messaging me until after the game. Messages were along the lines of, "Stop camping," "STOP CAMPING, "omg you are hands down the worst player I have ever seen," "you need armour but didn't buy any," "theres a buy station right there."

I had a good laugh when I read them back after the game. My reply was simple - "Butthurt that I kicked your ass?"

:D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement