Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

mutley18 wrote: »
    When are these new modes available to play?

from 6pm tonight for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    from 6pm tonight for 2 weeks

I assume a disgusting update will be required! Or was the last one it possibly....

mutley18 wrote: »
    I assume a disgusting update will be required! Or was the last one it possibly....

think its just the usual playlist update that clicks over at 6, just restart the game if youre on at that time, takes seconds

the update last week pre loaded most of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

You don’t expect to hear people screaming in COD but they do in Zombie Royale :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It is actually very good fun. When you die you become a zombie, you can throw a gas grenade, jump very far, but otherwise you are Melee only. You need to collect two stims from dead humans to return. If you die as a Zombie you are dead, but if you come back as a human, and die again you repeat the process.

We had our first win there, spent most of the game camping in a small room in a group of three opening fire like crazy whenever the door opened. Normally abhorrent behavior, but in Zombie Royal genuinely justified. We had about 70k and 30 kills between us at the end game. Which was ****ing mental. The usual sort of trepidation end game goes out the window because there are quite a lot of zombies. We ended up as three individuals but managed to get into a rhythm where at least one of us was human at all times, we won it with one of the lads on a parachute as a human and two of us as humans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

errlloyd wrote: »
    It is actually very good fun. When you die you become a zombie, you can throw a gas grenade, jump very far, but otherwise you are Melee only. You need to collect two stims from dead humans to return. If you die as a Zombie you are dead, but if you come back as a human, and die again you repeat the process.

We had our first win there, spent most of the game camping in a small room in a group of three opening fire like crazy whenever the door opened. Normally abhorrent behavior, but in Zombie Royal genuinely justified. We had about 70k and 30 kills between us at the end game. Which was ****ing mental. The usual sort of trepidation end game goes out the window because there are quite a lot of zombies. We ended up as three individuals but managed to get into a rhythm where at least one of us was human at all times, we won it with one of the lads on a parachute as a human and two of us as humans.

Played a few games of it tonight before hitting the hay. Of the 8 games I played it crashed 6 times. Server time out? Never got that error before playing the normal BR. Modes since it was released. Anyone else having trouble with that mode?

evosteo wrote: »
    Played a few games of it tonight before hitting the hay. Of the 8 games I played it crashed 6 times. Server time out? Never got that error before playing the normal BR. Modes since it was released. Anyone else having trouble with that mode?

Crashed in one of our games alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

watching nickmercs this morning and he crashed in the final circle, I'm sure it's a relatively minor issue that a 100 gig patch will fix

i played about 4 games around half 6 or so didnt crash once and managed to get two of the 16 trick or treat loot boxes.

its a nice novelty but wouldnt be mad about it

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I had a few crashes yesterday before the updated playlist.

I'm a bit disappointed with the zombies mode, I much prefer the way fortnite did it with the random zombie spawn points around the map.

We had a nice quads win last night too, we had 26 kills and I got 11. Probably my best game in a good while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I played the Zombie Royale once. You're at a distinct disadvantage when you are playing solo! Went on to Plunder instead and have eight of the sixteen 'treats'. I ran straight towards a fella and didn't even see him at one stage. He was probably wondering what the hell I was doing!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    I played the Zombie Royale once. You're at a distinct disadvantage when you are playing solo! Went on to Plunder instead and have eight of the sixteen 'treats'. I ran straight towards a fella and didn't even see him at one stage. He was probably wondering what the hell I was doing!

oh i didnt realise they were in plunder too, thought theyd save them for nightime plunder on week 2

will try collect them later

oh i didnt realise they were in plunder too, thought theyd save them for nightime plunder on week 2

will try collect them later

Night time plunder is already live...that's why I didn't see yer man :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played a few games last night, zombie royale is ok, but the charged jump feels a bit off, I couldn't judge how far or how high it would take me.

night time BR is awesome. our best was 3rd, but fighting in the dark is a completely different experience. I think they've done a great job on this.

presumably everyone is running coldblooded and thermal sights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

gimli2112 wrote: »
    presumably everyone is running coldblooded and thermal sights?

And tracker!!

Really enjoying Plunder at the moment. I've now managed to get thirteen of the sixteen 'treats' and am only missing Gulag, Dam and Train. There's been a few times when opening caches that I've actually jumped due to the effects! :pac: The night works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just a heads up for PS4 players if you go into the store there is a free Warzone Combat pack includes a Rodin Skin 1 hour double xp token handgun variant shivvie knife variant and a few stickers charms and calling cards.
    Not available on PC or Xbox just PS4

I hate verdansk hospital at the best of times but the night mode with the ghosts floating about can **** right off 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Picked a victory in the Zombie Warzone earlier and got nothing for it. Thought I’d get at least a calling card or emblem :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Won a game of Zombie Royale within two of three attempts.
    Died a good few times, but really just made a beeline for antivirals as a zombie and was able to come back quite easily.

Was playing with a couple of randomers, and we took out the last couple of people (as a human), and then got picked up by the chopper as per normal, BUT...

Looking at CODTracker, it says we finished 3rd, as did another team, with one other team finishing second and no team listed as winning.

Wasn't quite sure why. Definitely on the chopper as a human.

I wonder if Codtracker counts it as a win? The mini-Royals and the truck Royals didn't count towards a win.
    Have to say they put a lot of thought into this and it really looks good and not as gimicky as it could have been.

Just need Superstore, TV station and stadium to complete the trick or treat thing

3 places I never usually land haha

Just need Superstore, TV station and stadium to complete the trick or treat thing

What's the story with the train one? Do you have to head into the subway or is it the big one that goes right around the map? Every time I realise the big one is there, someone has already pillaged it! I've been trying to get the Dam one but every time I land in, the place is mobbed!

What's the story with the train one? Do you have to head into the subway or is it the big one that goes right around the map? Every time I realise the big one is there, someone has already pillaged it! I've been trying to get the Dam one but every time I land in, the place is mobbed!

I almost always drop train. I am boring like that. If you want to get the stuff off train you have to drop there right at the start, and be prepared to fight. It is more popular than ever, usually at least 3 or 4 dropping, even when it is far away.

I almost always drop train. I am boring like that. If you want to get the stuff off train you have to drop there right at the start, and be prepared to fight. It is more popular than ever, usually at least 3 or 4 dropping, even when it is far away.

I didn't realise it was there from the start! I thought it just appeared! :pac:

I didn't realise it was there from the start! I thought it just appeared! :pac:

Hahaha, yeah in Season 5 it always used to spawn in the same place, the bottom right of it's circuit. But now in Season 6 it spawns at a random point on the track.

Annoyingly it only appears on the map as the plane flies into the "jump zone". So it is not on the map on the start.

Few tips for the train.

1: It moves at just quicker than the fastest running pace, so if you fall off the back of it, you ain't catching it.

2: You can fall between carriages and die, so watch out for that.

3: It is always the same shape. There are always two boxes in the front section, then a wagon style carrage, an tank carriage, and then other section, and a final tank carriage. There are always 2 boxes in the front section, one in the wagon, 2 in the second open section and one behind the tank. At least 2 or 3 are orange and Keycard's often drop here.

It is usually slightly easier to fight from front to back. Mostly because you get the option of stepping off the train, and stepping back on - which is a very powerful option. But if you're at the back and you step off you risk not being able to get back on.

just Superstore now left,

did Tv and stadium in one go on my lunchtime game of plunder.

doesnt seem to be many crates about superstore, would they be mostly over the burger/storage side?

Annoyingly it only appears on the map as the plane flies into the "jump zone". So it is not on the map on the start.

Ah! That's how I've been missing it. I always have my drop point marked as soon as the map appears.

Cheers for the helpful tips!

• Advertisement

just Superstore now left,

did Tv and stadium in one go on my lunchtime game of plunder.

doesnt seem to be many crates about superstore, would they be mostly over the burger/storage side?

Got it finally, never want to see that Superstore kip again for a while

Advertisement