Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Griggs

And yep think it's some WZ changes as CW is out Thursday

Could be some next gen optimization included as well for MW according to Ace

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

PC gamers - better start that download.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

34.2GB on the Xbox. Have to delete other stuff to make room

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

they keep saying the updates make the game smaller but I'm not sure they do, this one is supposed to shrink it by 25 gigs

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

How does a 32GB update reduce something down by 25gb? Do the updates "delete" themselves when finished or something?

• Advertisement

i just class it as computer magic and leave it there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    i just class it as computer magic and leave it there

its the 'dig upwards, you fools' approach to getting out of a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

hey there, are any of you having trouble changing your operator in warzone, I hade Nikto before the update as my operator , I want to change him to others to complete some of the missons to unlock skins but won't change, it'll say that the operator I picked is equipped but when I go back out to start warzone its Nikto. i don't have this problem in multiplayer, they're changing no bother.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

antodeco wrote: »
    34.2GB on the Xbox. Have to delete other stuff to make room

Only 47% complete this morning... :rolleyes:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Only 47% complete this morning... :rolleyes:

The young fella switched it off last night!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

hey there, are any of you having trouble changing your operator in warzone, I hade Nikto before the update as my operator , I want to change him to others to complete some of the missons to unlock skins but won't change, it'll say that the operator I picked is equipped but when I go back out to start warzone its Nikto. i don't have this problem in multiplayer, they're changing no bother.

thanks

are you doing it in the warzone part?

game has been split with warzone seperate to MW now since the update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

thanks

I'd similar last night , haven't looked today

haven't posted in a while.

wasn't enjoying quads dunno what if sh1t teams or bad luck or maybe I was ****.

Switched to Solo mode the past few weeks and I'm doing pretty good. no wins yet but a few 2nd and 3rd places. It's a different beast at the last 8 or less - i think I just need to get accustomed to that.

I think the solo suits my style of play I'm responsible for myself only and I don't attack a guy and then find out his pals are all there to revive him and blast me while my mag is almost empty.

Not having to contend with this , I have developed a more aggressive style than before and my K/D ratio is much better than the months playing quads.
    anyway I'm back having some success but a heap more enjoyment

BTW the new download yest has introduced a stupid sound effect when I add armor. I think somebody is parachuting in. :mad:
    Also music has changed , harder to concentrate.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

paw patrol wrote: »
    Also music has changed , harder to concentrate.:mad::mad:

Some of the new music added makes it sound like there are people walking very close to you :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

i like the RC cars in Warzone

handy little kill streak

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Delighted they've separated the loadouts between warzone and multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is this still worth downloading?

On PS4 and got the urge to download it to play an FPS

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is this still worth downloading?

On PS4 and got the urge to download it to play an FPS

Very much so! Even if it's just Warzone.

campaign is very solid and there's lots to do in MP and Warzone, so yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I had a lot of fun in multiplayer last night, all it took was completely breaking away from the grind and forcing myself to use weapons I never use. The shotguns are pretty great in hardcore when set up correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

just looking at purchasing a digital download of MW 2019.
    Wondering is it safe to go with the U.k/U.S version and activate using a VPN?
    Seems to be a big saving to be made this way?

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    just looking at purchasing a digital download of MW 2019.
    Wondering is it safe to go with the U.k/U.S version and activate using a VPN?
    Seems to be a big saving to be made this way?

I got the uk version and activated via a vpn on my phone.

I also changed my xbox location to UK so my store on the console is the uk one so games are a bit cheaper

had a few good games on WZ yesterday culminating in a 9 kill top ten (win) finish. that game went on forever and at the end of it I was too drunk for WZ.
    I was extremely upset to discover they had removed shipment 24/7, nonetheless on I went.
    playing hardpoint on the new tank factory map, all going well
    suddenly the other side went ahead, time running out
    approach the hardpoint kill a sniper, crash through a window, double kill and got the capture kill coming down the stairs. when my team arrived all they found was bodies and me
    emboldened I went on a rampage
    yes it's sbmm but god it felt good

do people have different loadouts for warzone or just stick to the same one?
    I assume some may prefer AR and Snipers initially and then SMGs in the last 10.

I would only have one - M4A1 and HDR.
    just wondering?

I have a CR-AMX, MP5, Fire Round R9, MP7 with fully loaded on the secondary pistol and an LMG.
    God knows why.

Two more seconds in duos yesterday. Was last alive v 2, got the drop on them and choked. That kept me up all night.Wiped two teams too on my own.

paw patrol wrote: »
    do people have different loadouts for warzone or just stick to the same one?
    I assume some may prefer AR and Snipers initially and then SMGs in the last 10.

I would only have one - M4A1 and HDR.
    just wondering?

I'm the same...with the same two guns!

i've 2 loadouts I use in warzone, one with the HDR and one with the AN94 (the companys might)

If there's a loadout box in one of the last circles I might grab my mp7

I have to say for all the people running overkill I rarely get sniped to death, that said it happened twice last night. One of them was in fairness a great shot, it's difficult to be infuriated when you see the kill cam and it's a really good kill.

I have to say for all the people running overkill I rarely get sniped to death, that said it happened twice last night. One of them was in fairness a great shot, it's difficult to be infuriated when you see the kill cam and it's a really good kill.

that#s true, sometimes you gotta just applaud the killcam as you watch yourself get KOd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Not running a sniper is pretty viable in Warzone, as long as you have the self discipline to disengage the long range that you're definitely going to lose without one.

I actually find Warzone is an inredibly well balanced game in terms of having super short, short, medium and long range guns. Ultimately an Origin, Mp5, Grau and HDR will all win well against others in their range categories, but get well beaten if the roles are reversed.

Advertisement