Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Thermite, sticks to the shield and can kill em I

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Thermite, sticks to the shield and can kill em I

Absolutely the best option.

Would never run a riot shield, but picked one up recently and was surprised at how quickly I was dispatched by a thermite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

any shield I pick up has obviously been damaged because the first guy I run into shreds me, meanwhile on the other side of the shield they remain a conundrum to me
    I think half my problem is the unbelieveable panic that initially hits me when confronted by one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

gimli2112 wrote: »
    any shield I pick up has obviously been damaged because the first guy I run into shreds me, meanwhile on the other side of the shield they remain a conundrum to me
    I think half my problem is the unbelieveable panic that initially hits me when confronted by one

I still find myself naively doing the run away from them thing at which point they change weapon and just shoot me ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Trucks are for twats. Came 9th a couple of days ago and spectated. Three trucks and an SUV in the final six.

These were tactics when the game first came out. Why have they made such a resurgence?

leave it out!
    truck killing is a skill and I have my niche. no apologies.
    I do admit the final circle can be a bit tedious but it's a skill to wait it out.
    They aren't hard to destroy esp if you've foresight to get a launcher.

because they nerfed c4 due to the youtube / streamer crybabies.

and that's the fact of the matter,

yeah but the C4 was ridiculous - you could lob it "near" something with the dexterity of throwing a frag ffs and a whole vehicle is BOOM- popcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

paw patrol wrote: »
    leave it out!
    I do admit the final circle can be a bit tedious but it's a skill to wait it out.

yeah but the C4 was ridiculous - you could lob it "near" something with the dexterity of throwing a frag ffs and a whole vehicle is BOOM- popcorn

Aye, but it was well balanced, between speed and protection from he quad bike to the truck, the vehicles should be about escaping the gas and repositioning, not to be primarily used as weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

leave it out!

I think the game does a good job of balancing niche strats with meta ones. The same probably goes for shields. There are 5 weapon types, long, medium, short, ultra-short and specialty. Typically every set up falls roughly into one of those categories and typically they all win if they are matched up against something from a different category. An Mp5 will almost always lose to an M4 at 60m, but will almost always win at 20.

I struggle to balance myself. I enjoy sniping. Some people snipe to avoid fights, but I snipe to court them. I can't go into the final circle with a sniper and a rocket launcher. I'd lose every time. I've won 10 or 15 solos games only one of them finished with a sniper kill. Unless trucks become so mainstream that a RL is more useful than a sniper that won't be an option for me.

So should you care? Probably not. As long as the truck is a Bona Fide attempt to win, and not a reductionist attempt to survive as long as possible before dying you should do it - BUT - and this is important. I find the majority of people in the truck are not realistically trying to win. When it comes down to a 1v1 at the end they lose every time. But they really spoil the end game for the players who come third, fourth and fifth. Three times now I have second or third in games where there are three of us in the final circle, one in a truck. And I have to compromise my position to take out the truck and it leaves me exposed to the last guy. I hate it.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I think the game does a good job of balancing niche strats with meta ones. The same probably goes for shields. There are 5 weapon types, long, medium, short, ultra-short and specialty. Typically every set up falls roughly into one of those categories and typically they all win if they are matched up against something from a different category. An Mp5 will almost always lose to an M4 at 60m, but will almost always win at 20.

I struggle to balance myself. I enjoy sniping. Some people snipe to avoid fights, but I snipe to court them. I can't go into the final circle with a sniper and a rocket launcher. I'd lose every time. I've won 10 or 15 solos games only one of them finished with a sniper kill. Unless trucks become so mainstream that a RL is more useful than a sniper that won't be an option for me.

So should you care? Probably not. As long as the truck is a Bona Fide attempt to win, and not a reductionist attempt to survive as long as possible before dying you should do it - BUT - and this is important. I find the majority of people in the truck are not realistically trying to win. When it comes down to a 1v1 at the end they lose every time. But they really spoil the end game for the players who come third, fourth and fifth. Three times now I have second or third in games where there are three of us in the final circle, one in a truck. And I have to compromise my position to take out the truck and it leaves me exposed to the last guy. I hate it.

some fair points there i agree, I do use the truck to obtain kills.
    I am aggressive in chasing lads with my truck - they expose themselves by shooting at me then I chase them.

I do acknowledge the truck can be similar to camping which i hate.

Aye, but it was well balanced, between speed and protection from he quad bike to the truck, the vehicles should be about escaping the gas and repositioning, not to be primarily used as weapons.

I do like the concept that everything can be a weapon it allows inventive behaviour.
    But of course balance is key. .. I' am glad the c4 was toned down tbh.

I'd have kept the throw distance but increased the minimum time before detonation I think.

• Advertisement

As long as people aren't hacking / glitching I don't care how they play. I don't even care if they play with broken guns like the underbarel famas shotgun when it was a thing. If it's too broken the devs need to fix it.

I hate this thing "how do people play like this?" that has sprung up on youtube. They can fn play any way they like, you poodle. I go crackers when someone kills me camping a loadout drop but when I calm down have to admit it's a legitimate tactic. We're literally in a Warzone people. The object is not to make friends.

Paw Patrol can squish people all day long if that's what it takes to get out.

It's like the recent surge of Juggs. It's annoying but not breaking the game to such an extent that I feel the need to do something about it.

Got the Foresight killstreak in the bunker at the prison. Made my way to the final circle, picking up one kill on the way. Killed the last guy for the easiest (and cheapest, dirtiest) win ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Has anyone played this on PS5 yet? Whats it like? I am hoping it runs silently. It's mental how loud it is on my launch PS4.

Blops Season Pass 1 and by extension the WZ integration have been delayed by 6 days, so drops on the 16th now.

I was just watching a couple of relatively high profile streamers playing together. Two were US Based and two were UK based.

How's the lag for transatlantic warzone these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

errlloyd wrote: »
    Sheilds are my pet hate right now. Had a second place yesterday. 13 kills, 7 completed contracts. 1v1 versus a guy with molotovs, stuns, a shield, and restock. I still haven't got the hang of how you're supposed to beat that 1v1 in open ground?

I've found the semtex sticks to the shield and does the trick.

went back playing quads.

one thing that bugs me is the obsession in quads to landing in "busy" places.
    no matter how good you are - it's a lottery if you land in a busy spot.
    then half the team die and rage quit - so you are left with 1 dude who is sh1t - well 2 guys cos i'm pretty sh1t too at quads.

went back playing quads.

one thing that bugs me is the obsession in quads to landing in "busy" places.
    no matter how good you are - it's a lottery if you land in a busy spot.
    then half the team die and rage quit - so you are left with 1 dude who is sh1t - well 2 guys cos i'm pretty sh1t too at quads.

The thing is, with warzone, unless you go to a busy spot, there's not going to be enough good loot for all. The high player count makes it a lot harder to actually find spots that are as quiet as what you'd encounter in pubg.

A 3rd and a 4th in successive solos games, 10 kills in each. I'm seething.

• Advertisement

meh I've resigned myself to being the choke king another second this weekend, this time with randoms in trios and no communication. one lad had 64 damage.

I really don't love the unholy matrimony between modern and cold war on warzone now.

Feels like half the lobby have toy guns and the other half don't.

Can you imagine having made the best game of 2020, by far. And 9 months after releasing the publisher going "hey lads let's try and *merge* your game with this other game that was already a merger of two games by unrelated studios"

there's an underlying problem too that some people just prefer certain studios, I'm certainly an IW fanboy loved MW 2019 and no interest in Blops
    the guys that have left to play Cold War dont want to come back either

there's an underlying problem too that some people just prefer certain studios, I'm certainly an IW fanboy loved MW 2019 and no interest in Blops
    the guys that have left to play Cold War dont want to come back either

picked up cold war last week as it was down to 40, said for the single player and the opportunity to level up guns faster it'd be worth it.

all i can say is I'm not digging it. movement feels stilted and 'wrong',animations are a definite step back. maybe more time with it might change my mind, but initial impressions are poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I played Warzone last night for the first time since I started playing Cold War (as it had an update going). I found it waaaay slower than CW. I was glad to get back to CW today.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Haven't paid attention to the cross progression stuff. Does this mean people coming to Wardrobe from BLOPS will have loadouts with guns that we won't have from MW?

from what I can tell it's still WZ with some additional Blops guns and skins. The Blops guns seem to unlock as you progress ie. level 12, 25 etc. I can see some of them being difficult to rank up unless you can take them into MW MP which I highly doubt. Probably need to play both simultaneously like some kind of savant or Stone Deaf.

You'll probably get weeks where you'll need to stay away as some Blops gun is currently broken and dominating. If people didn't like MW/WZ why would they come back?

from what I can tell it's still WZ with some additional Blops guns and skins. The Blops guns seem to unlock as you progress ie. level 12, 25 etc. I can see some of them being difficult to rank up unless you can take them into MW MP which I highly doubt. Probably need to play both simultaneously like some kind of savant or Stone Deaf.

You'll probably get weeks where you'll need to stay away as some Blops gun is currently broken and dominating. If people didn't like MW/WZ why would they come back?

lol, far from it, simply a case of hopping into shipment for an hour when no squadmates are online and unlocking as much as possible, the idea of grinding plunder over and over doesn't appeal to me at all.

Just played my first game there. Helicopters are back. Some cool new guns. Picked up some LMG out of an orange box with a 200 round mag. Mental.

• Advertisement

Just played my first game there. Helicopters are back. Some cool new guns. Picked up some LMG out of an orange box with a 200 round mag. Mental.

That's been there for a while. Love it

Advertisement