Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Id please

Options
  • 20-05-2018 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

I divided this 2 years ago from a mystery root ball, small growth emerged last summer and no flowers, but its growing a lot stronger this year. Looks like a hydrangea, but it could be anything. It was given to me by someone who was throwing it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not hydrangea I think. It looks familiar but I can't place it - my irrational and baseless reaction is that it is something I would not want!

Possibly dogwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

looksee wrote: »
    Not hydrangea I think. It looks familiar but I can't place it - my irrational and baseless reaction is that it is something I would not want!

Possibly dogwood?

I only thought hydrangea since I saw this one in a garden centre. Hopefully its something nice anyway...We'll have to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah, right enough, it does look a lot like that hydrangea! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

looksee wrote: »
    Ah, right enough, it does look a lot like that hydrangea! :D

This has flowered, but the flower came and went so quickly I never got around to photographing it. It's a hydrangea anyway, but flower was very thin and leaves are pretty brown and dry looking. It's still alive though and I've planted them all (I have 5). Should be easier to keep them watered in the ground than in pots.

Will post back this time next year with update!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

It could be H. arborescens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement