Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long did you wait?

• 20-05-2018 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Question: Once you were sober and on the mend and things had improved etc. How long did you wait before making any new plans or commitments? In AA I think they say two years? Is there a time frame or is it more individual thing? I know piling on too much pressure in early recover isn't ideal but what worked best for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

What do you mean by new plans and commitments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Do what suits you and your individual life situation relative to how you deal with issues etc. Don't mind what they Do in the like of fellowships

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

Hi Sigma
    2 years is a bit of bad advice I'm afraid, a bit like 90 meetings in 90 days- not part of the program and not documented in any official AA literature like the Big Book.It's rubbish that has been born out of treatment centres.
    Making decisions following a period of sobriety very much depends on what the decision is and how the resulting action will affect you/others.
    It is always wise to consult with your sponsor before making any 'big' decisions and also what is your gut telling you. Of course always ask Him(Higher Power) for guidance/inspiration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

tinpib wrote: »
    What do you mean by new plans and commitments?

Anything from moving house, changing jobs, holidays away etc.

Advertisement