Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i qualify for relief if i rent out garden chalet in backgarden airbnb

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Askthe EA wrote: »
    I cant give you the planners report (as it will identify my home, I'm sure you'll understand) but I've copied the wording for you below from the senior planner verbatim.

"Section 16.74 also states that the unit shall comprise a physical extension of the main house with direct access to the main dwelling and further states that: the entrance to the family flat shall be via the main dwelling. No direct access is provided to the main dwelling. While an access to the rear may be acceptable in cases where this is unavoidable.

Now, this was a retention issue (It was refused btw) which may have a bearing on what you ask???

So basically it’s exactly as I have been posting about. It was refused because it’s not connected to the main dwelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

kceire wrote: »
    So basically it’s exactly as I have been posting about. It was refused because it’s not connected to the main dwelling.

Retention was refused for a number of reasons, in my case.

I'm focusing specifically on the conjoining door element. The planners does say there can be exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

kceire wrote: »

If no neighbour objects or lodges an observation then the planner assumes all immediate neighbors are aware of the proposed works and are relatively satisfied for it to go ahead.

Yeah I only realized after the time ran out or I would of lodged a complaint, you assume others had so don’t assume anything I suppose. Lesson learned and noted. But you’d think the planning enforcer would of thought “ hey this is totally out of character for area etc.”

They shot us down for part of our extension, the planner put in note not in keeping with area ,when down road someone has exact same as what we wanted to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

davo10 wrote: »
    Op, last week there was a discussion about Airbnb on Matt Coopers Last Word on Today FM. There has not been one case brought against an Airbnb host in Ireland regarding planning, crack on with your plan, at worst you might have to cancel bookings if a case is ever brought. On the Airbnb site you can print off a spread sheet of all monies paid, just submit it at the end of your tax year.

There is no tax relief, but you will make a bundle in Dublin.

This is not correct. DCC has been enforcing in Temple Bar, I have seen the enforcement notice on the front door of the apartment block with my own eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Muahahaha wrote: »
    This is not correct. DCC has been enforcing in Temple Bar, I have seen the enforcement notice on the front door of the apartment block with my own eyes.

As a matter of interest, what is the next step if the property owner ignores the LC notice?

I would suspect the person being interviewed by Cooper was referring to the fact that none have come before the courts, but I could be wrong. He was very specific though.

The other guy in on the discussion was a Temple Bar resident, he said there was a property owner there who made almost €200 k from Airbnb last year and that the same thing is now happening in IFSC area. He certainly wasn't saying DCC was cracking down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement