Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage fees

Options
  • 20-05-2018 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Quick question if you please.
    Would storage fees for a single firearm of just under 1 euro per day not seem excessive?
    330 euro per year is sticking in my craw ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

who is charging you that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

anthonyos wrote: »
    who is charging you that

A dealer in Leinster.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    A dealer in Leinster.

have you tried courtlough

A dealer in Leinster.

have you tried courtlough

Still waiting for the licence, application for which was held up by Gardai security requirments.
    Gun is in the shop already.

• Advertisement

Still waiting for the licence, application for which was held up by Gardai security requirments.
    Gun is in the shop already.

And they holding it for you since you bought it and now charging you a storage fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Did you buy it from the RFD or privately and storing it there?

Not sure what others are charging but I was quoted €5 a week a few years ago

Storing it there.
    I suppose it's not much different to what you were quoted, giving inflation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Well I suppose the RDF has to turn a few bob you can see how they would be inundated at 80 euro for a licence. 330 is pushing it a bit though.
    Another unseen cost of our F***ed up licencing system!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Local rfd charges 5 euro a week for short term storage. 220 for a full year for a shotgun or rifle and 120 for a pistol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Was quoted 1.50 a week for a pistol by the RFD I use. Can't argue with that. When I eventually went to pick it back up he charged me 20 when it should have been more like 35/40. Was delighted !

Advertisement