Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen P filter level low warning

• 20-05-2018 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I just got the "P filter level low" warning on my C4 Grand Picasso. This is the additive for the DPF filter it seems. Any mentions online imply that its a job that a mechanic has to do. I just wanted to double check this is the case - I'm no experienced mechanic or anything, but am well capable of doing my own regular oil changes and other basic stuff. Is it definitely a job I couldn't undertake?
    Also, is it OK to drive it for a few days like this, before we get it looked at?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Had this in the past and changing fuel filter fixed the issue. Worth a try about 26-30euro for filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

You could certainly do the actual filling of the additive tank yourself but the additive counter in the ECU needs to be reset after filling so it’s probably not worth the hassle of doing the filling if you have have to go to a garage afterwards anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

noel100 wrote: »
    Had this in the past and changing fuel filter fixed the issue. Worth a try about 26-30euro for filter.

Anti pollution fault is what shows up when u get the fuel filter issue. Filling the dpf additive is a different thing altogether. But yes unless u have access to the diag tools to reset counter you might aswell get the garage to do it. Your not going to save anything.

Just on a side note that fluid isn’t cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Ok, thanks guys. The fuel filter was only recently done for a separate issue so I wouldn't imagine it could be causing a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

One more thing - is it ok to drive like this for a couple of days until I get it sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

kelbal wrote: »
    One more thing - is it ok to drive like this for a couple of days until I get it sorted?

Yes u can drive away you will be fine. I’ve seen plenty of them driving around like this for a long time.

Advertisement