Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reported an issue, got to be an issue...

Options
  • 20-05-2018 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was encouraged to report an issue at work, I was turned into an issue myself taken to my supervisor, and it was done by the people encouraging me to reach out to my supervisor who themselves had past trouble with the person I had my original issue with. 
    I had to address an issue at work and a secondary issue with a remote co-worker who blamed me for the first issue inappropriately and seemed out of line with me (also pulling in other people to team up with and blame me), and I eventually notified my boss about it all. In the conversation about the initial and the second issue of being blamed I learned from my boss that my other closest co-workers reported another problem about me to my boss, which curiously while different was still of a somewhat similar nature to the second issue I had with the previous remote co-worker (I was blamed versus another close co-worker reporting feelings that I don't take her seriously). All of these co-workers report to different bosses and I have a position of higher rank. The remote co-worker is not close to my closest co-workers either. I am struggling to make sense of it all and the timing of the complaint from the closest ones about me right while I was myself delivering a complaint (about someone else and they themselves had past trouble with the person I was reporting about)? I am the newest at this workplace setting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ylsa wrote: »
    I am struggling to make sense of it all

I would think so is everybody else...there is a bit of an issue with this post :D

(as in....wha?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Uh, burn the place down.

Only solution given the information you've provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You should make a complaint about the complaint about the co-workers of the workers who made a complaint about being complained about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Complaint-ception

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ylsa

Well, I can offer more information if needed, I was concerned about sharing too much identifying information and I don't know what kind of clarification can be helpful. I work in medical/urgent care type of environment. I am not a medical professional myself and I differ from all these workers culturally, so I am an outsider, I guess.

fritzelly, you are right on, I appreciated your post. :)
    Truth is I haven't ever registered any complaints about my closest co-workers and I likely would never put them in any trouble with their boss.
    The remote co-worker was seemingly attempting to obstruct my ability to do my work and putting me down for the core of my professional role and the very function of it.

duplicate enty

duplicate entry

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Sounds to me like you were used as a Patsy to run issues up the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

> a remote co-worker who blamed me
    > other people ... blame me
    > my other closest co-workers reported another problem about me

If everyone is complaining about you, the problem is you.

My advice to you is to really try to be honest with yourself, and try to change.

Advertisement