Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

As another user suggested, the car computer seems to have delivered information about his whereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭conor05

May she RIP.

Her family atleast have her body, though their suffering is only starting.

A lot of families and kids ruined through one mans actions.

Hope he goes to hell the rotten c**t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can we wait until it's confirmed please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

conor05 wrote: »
    May she RIP.

Unconfirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That news broke 45 minutes ago in fairness

I was posting the updated timeline regarding the speculation of finding a body.

Hopefully it is rumour. Unconfirmed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

conor05 wrote: »
    May she RIP.

You see, here is how one poster's "they found a body" stab in the dark spins out of control. No body has been found yet,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I'd be willing to bet that some of the people that confronted him before he fled told the Gardaí she was in the car and that was the cause of the confusion about her presence earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

brianblaze wrote:
    Because this isn't a movie... you discharge a firearm as a final option and it is classed as using deadly force, to kill. If you have cornered someone with a knife capable of maiming or killing someone shoring them in the leg won't deter them from trying to kill.

brianblaze wrote:
    In the movies they shoot their hand etc but that isn't feasible in the real world.

This is nonsense. He is holding a knife as opposed to a high powered firearm. The garda response was disproportionate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No body has been found, just her purse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

brianblaze wrote:
    Because this isn't a movie... you discharge a firearm as a final option and it is classed as using deadly force, to kill. If you have cornered someone with a knife capable of maiming or killing someone shoring them in the leg won't deter them from trying to kill.

brianblaze wrote:
    In the movies they shoot their hand etc but that isn't feasible in the real world.

This is nonsense. He is holding a knife as opposed to a high powered firearm. The garda response was disproportionate.

Reati wrote: »
    They won't say body found until family informed. Even the journos will hold the line for a little while out of respect.

Didn't stop IT releasing grossly wrong information last night. A lot of journos thrive on clickbait these days, it is more nb than empathy. The desparation to be the first to break the news almost always leads to misleading information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭hynesie08

chicorytip wrote: »

So they should have stabbed him???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Oh you were there were you . ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Well if that's true the gardai won't get (or deserve) any backlash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

He's coming at you with a knife. Would you offer him a nice cup of tea?

Could they not have shot him in the leg to disable him? She is still missing, and they would have wanted to extract information from him about her whereabouts...I know it all happens very quickly but surely in a situation like this, marksmen should be trained to disable as well as kill. If it was up to me, I'd still shoot the ****er dead but after the girl is found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Reati wrote: »
    They won't say body found until family informed. Even the journos will hold the line for a little while out of respect.

Didn't stop IT releasing grossly wrong information last night. A lot of journos thrive on clickbait these days, it is more nb than empathy. The desparation to be the first to break the news almost always leads to misleading information

Its actually crazy how much sh*te the IT spewed out over the past 24 hrs. Absolute sloppy journalism!

They should have just shot it out of his hand :pac:
    You're watching too many John Wayne films.

maybe he wasn't standing still like a manequin mate, await the facts as this is quickly turning into an agenda against an already traumatised and good willed garda trying to save a colleague from a very dangerous man. They could have been wrestling on the ground for all you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

They should have just shot it out of his hand :pac:
    You're watching too many John Wayne films.

Or they could have shot the chandelier above him causing it to fall on him and trap him.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭kingofclay

My guess is they had it confirmed beforehand that the car in question could retrace it's location and while justice would have been for him to live and receive a harsh prison sentence as soon as he made any attempt to attack they neutralised his threat in the knowledge that'd find her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

One of the Gardai should have allowed themselves be slashed or even better stabbed. The others could have wrestled him to the ground while his knife was stuck in the Garda.
    They could have then put a plaster on the wound and taken him off for questioning.

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

so what, if that poor girl has been murdered then he got away lightly, he deserved a far more painful death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Could they not have shot him in the leg to disable him? She is still missing, and they would have wanted to extract information from him about her whereabouts...I know it all happens very quickly but surely in a situation like this, marksmen should be trained to disable as well as kill. If it was up to me, I'd still shoot the ****er dead but after the girl is found.

I'm sure if you were in the same situation you would be standing in a large yellow puddle speed dialling your mammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

maybe he wasn't standing still like a manequin mate, await the facts as this is quickly turning into an agenda against an already traumatised and good willed garda trying to save a colleague from a very dangerous man. They could have been wrestling on the ground for all you know

What a good idea on a thread such as this! You would think it would be something people would automatically just do but nah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Thread title updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Gardai story is now(on newstalk there) the officer thought the girl was in the car and he was going to stab her so he fired the shot.

P45 for that gardai, same as that other one who shot someone in Dublin in the early hours of the morning and we've heard nothing since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Marksmen???

It was a detective I was told, he doesn't have a sniper rifle.

A 9mm hand gun are extremely difficult to fire on target.

If there was a real threat then he was shot for this reason alone.

Have you ever noticed the guards here shoot pretty much as often as you find a hen with teeth.

Look at the detective that was shot and killed in the botched robbery and the partner never discharged his weapon!!!! Why didn't he I would ask???

None of us were there so nobody but the officer that fired can answer ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

RasTa wrote: »
    Gardai story is now(on newstalk there) the officer thought the girl was in the car and he was going to stab her so he fired the shot.

P45 for that gardai, same as that other one who shot someone in Dublin in the early hours of the morning and we've heard nothing since.

P45 will ya stop....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

All these gobsh1tes posters saying they should have shot him in the hand/leg etc. You are watching too many Hollywood movies lads.

I'm very experienced with firearms, both pistols and rifles. It's feckin hard enough to hit an A4 size target when it is still, let alone when it is running at you with a knife.

When someone runs at you with a knife or any sort of weapon, it's either them or you. When you shoot, you aim to make sure they don't keep coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭kingofclay

There's no real justice for crimes like this in the world we live in. The only justice is when the inmate is a very weak and meek individual and they get absolutely destroyed in the prison system. If that Garda gets fired for this I swear I will do what I can to organise a mass rally in support of him.

Our justice system works for petty crimes and robbery, but when the acts are more serious and makes a young women not able to return home to her mum and dad, the punishments aren't fit for purpose.

:rolleyes:

so what, if that poor girl has been murdered then he got away lightly, he deserved a far more painful death

If he was caught and charged with a murder, people would be moaning that the Gardai didn't just kill the POS and now he's gonna cost the taxpayer millions to play Xbox in a holiday camp until his release in a decade and a half. They literally can't win no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yes, surely. I mean obviously. Everyone knows that. Especially us untrained civilians here on the internet.

F*ck sake. It’s not Call Of Duty. Literally dozens of possibilities as to how it went down as if did. They possibly did shoot him in the legs and ruptured a major artery. Could have aimed at a torso and he moved at the same time and took it in the neck. Could’ve brandished any sort of weapon, or what police thought to be a weapon, and left them little choice but to react.

Oh calm down.
    everyone of us in here is either surmising or just putting forward an opinion because none of us know the facts.im not criticising the gardai sorry if it seems like it and unlike you i don't play call of duty.games are for children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Paul williams on Newstalk now. Seemingly officer was sure she was beside him in car with him holding knife so took action. Wonder has Hennessy done things previously in the Wicklow area unbeknowns to the Gardai?

boards needs a, 'Head-the-ball-AntiAGS' forum, somewhere quiet..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This thread is going round in circles from the distinguished marksmen and negotiators saying what they'd have done if they were the guards to rational people with the same volume of information these distinguished marksmen and negotiators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Sundew wrote: »
    Paul williams on Newstalk now. Seemingly officer was sure she was beside him in car with him holding knife so took action. Wonder has Hennessy done things previously in the Wicklow area unbeknowns to the Gardai?

Surely she was in risk of being shot if this is the case

Didn't realise we had the new Commissioner posting with us. Just an FYI, ''Gardai'' is plural and ''Garda'' is singular, if you're going sacking anyone.

I just can't get over the amount of crime procedure experts and weapons experts we have here.
    Boards is blessed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

P45 will ya stop....
    Amalgam wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

You can't kill people and then turn around and say I thought I saw someone in the car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I find its mental that people are spending more time criticising the cops than criticising that dope for abducting the girl in the first place.

• Could they not have shot him in the leg to disable him? She is still missing, and they would have wanted to extract information from him about her whereabouts...I know it all happens very quickly but surely in a situation like this, marksmen should be trained to disable as well as kill. If it was up to me, I'd still shoot the ****er dead but after the girl is found.
    Do you own a firearm? In particular a handgun?
    Have you ever been in a life threatening situation in response to what looks to be a madman who abducted a young woman off the side of the road?
    Imagine the split second decision and blood rush from doing something like this as the cops are being rushed with an unhinged guy with a lethal weapon in his hand

Unreal stuff I'm reading this morning, unjustified armchair nonsense and crazy criticism of a detective who was clearly trying to protect the public and his fellow colleagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

There was a woman on the sean o rourke show there this morning describing her attempted abduction 2 years ago.jesus if your man had succeeded god knows what he would have done to her.she fought back and he ran away.an extremely brave woman.
    I know its possibly a trite thing to say but this **** is happening here in good old Ireland. i find it very hard to grasp..

Sundew wrote: »

Several abduction attempts in kiliney over the last year and there's the missing woman from clondalkin who's car was found in bray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I find its mental that people are spending more time criticising the cops than criticising that dope for abducting the girl in the first place.

Or coming up with the most crazy scenarios and explanations on how this garda could have not fired any shots or disabled the suspect somehow.

Considering how often we heard about gardai firing their weapons I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption perhaps he had a good reason to do so.

If there were many trigger happy gardai out there I think we'd have heard about it by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

I just can't get over the amount of crime procedure experts and weapons experts we have here. Boards is blessed.

Yes.The Gardai should have checked here for advice before confronting him.

You can't kill people and then turn around and say I thought I saw someone in the car...

That's exactly what they should do

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement