Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Just found out that I know him personally. In total shock.

Was he wearing black trousers and black top on Facebook photo? Hopefully the poor girl turns up alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

RTÉ have confirmed he has died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

There must be a lot of Mark Hennessy’s in the country. How do you know that’s him?

I’m not familiar with Facebook somebody showed me it and said it was him. I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

it is reported that he has died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I feel sorry for his wife and kids.
    What a prick.

Hope Jastine is safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If you were to ask me to draw a creep I’d probably draw him sitting on the bench in his jumper just like the Facebook picture

There must be a lot of Mark Hennessy’s in the country. How do you know that’s him?
    Did they realise his name ? Is that it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Hopefully there's something on his phone or computer that leads the Gardaí to the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Kuva wrote: »
    You never really know anyone.

:rolleyes:

There's no need to get deep. He said he knew him. He knew him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tippex wrote: »
    Really? poor service? they have been probably asked what information to release and most likely following that request.

They have updated the story now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

No updates on the RTE website at all. Very poor service imo.

Yeah because throwing out "facts" before they are confirmed really provides a good service.
    Good news sources will release confirmed information and will work with the authorities to ensure that the release or withholding of information does not impact on an ongoing situation. Let's not forget, as far as we know there is still a missing persons case active and concern for that person must be extremely high given what has unfolded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If its the same link I saw people are dense. That profile was updated after this incident occured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Just because they don't update every few minutes to feed your sensationalist requirements you say its bad form?

Wow.

Btw, you can feed your sensationalist longing now as ot has been updated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I’m not familiar with Facebook somebody showed me it and said it was him. I could be wrong.

is it the guy in the **** top then

ted1 wrote: »
    Did they realise his name ? Is that it ?

The mirror have named him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

When there is we know it's correct.

Meanwhile the rest of the Irish media outlets are telling us that she was in the vehicle and that she was injured and all sorts :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

G_R wrote: »
    No, if they shoot, they aim for the largest part of the body which is the stomach. Less chance of missing.

Reading the news it somewhat suggests that he moved to attack when being confronted by the gardaí. Sounds like it could have been immediate and urgent self defence and in such situations you take the guy down however you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Specialun wrote: »
    is it the guy in the **** top then

I’d rather not say anything about it now Incase some poor innocent fella starts getting accused of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    The Mirror have named him.

F*ck the mirror. The man has an innocent wife and innocent kids who are going through hell right now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Do you want report first and facts later? That's how you get inaccurate updates aka Fake News. It's a sensitive subject. Also there are protocols possibly in place that you or I are not privy to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cops could have contained situation, seriously don't know how it got to the point where they shot multiple times to kill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

A very good example that being first is far more important than being right in the news, that's due to media and consumers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Cops could have contained situation, seriously don't know how it got to the point where they shot multiple times to kill.

Exactly, you don't know. So stop speculating and posting sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 VainHard Bendix

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    I'm in no way bashing Gardai here btw just asking a question. It mentions in the Mirror that he was shot in the head. Isn't it usual police protocol to aim for the chest and/or legs to disable a threatening suspect?

Center of mass i.e chest is the only target. Unless they are wearing body armor. Head-shot might have been the only one on. Or shooter missed.

Were you there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And you know this how, exactly?

Were you there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

A man was interviewed on the news who knew the missing girl to see. He said that a friend of his who drove a JCB used to regularly give her a lift. Paul Reynolds said that the man who was killed in Cherrywood worked in construction. May be a coincidence but may be referring to the same person.

I hope they find the missing young lady unharmed , but would be fearful of a positive outcome to this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Why are you just attacking posters, it's really not the place, it's pathetic really

Don’t worry about it Annefrank, they’ll go away eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Could they have? Tell us more please, you're the first eye witness to post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No you don't, none of us do . So we have no idea why so cannot make any judgment about what they should have could have done .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Well at least we have your armchair policing to get us through the next incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

They contained it. by shooting him in his head.
    Fair play, no other innocents hurt.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How do you know that? We're you there?
    It will be for GSOC to determine whether it xoukd be contained but you can assume that the gardai didn't want to kill him as they still had not got her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Specialun wrote: »
    is it the guy in the *snip* top then

Probably best to get rid of this, could lead to an innocent getting abuse from idiots online.

Were you there?

Were you there ? Everyone praising the cops and they have no clue what went down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

The crucial bit in your sentence is in bold above yet you claim they could have contained the situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They should have sent for you, you being the expert and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'm assuming this guy wasn't cooperating. He may have driven the car straight at the gardai for all we know or made it look like he was reaching for a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

F*ck the mirror. The man has an innocent wife and innocent kids who are going through hell right now too.

Can you imagine the amount of press outside their house, how will the kids go to school, just an awful story I just really hope the young lady is found alive and unharmed

• Advertisement

Sundew wrote: »
    A man was interviewed on the news who knew the missing girl to see. He said that a friend of his who drove a JCB used to regularly give her a lift. Paul Reynolds said that the man who was killed in Cherrywood worked in construction. May be a coincidence but may be referring to the same person.

I hope they find the missing young lady unharmed , but would be fearful of a positive outcome to this case.

Jaysus and there might be some poor guy sitting at home having a normal Sunday to find out a girl he knows has been subject to a horrific incident and then to add to that people are speculating that he could be responsible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Omackeral wrote: »
    Probably best to get rid of this, could lead to an innocent getting abuse from idiots online.

fair point. edited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

This and what happened Ana are two very shocking cases in such a short space of time

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

How can you possibly know that?

They should have sent for you, you being the expert and all.

It works both ways, how can everyone be praising the cops for killing a man who was in a car and had nowhere to go.
    If I can't question it, then surely people should not be praising it without knowing the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

It works both ways, how can everyone be praising the cops for killing a man who was in a car and had nowhere to go.
    If I can't question it, then surely people should not be praising it without knowing the facts.

But you didn't question it, you made an explicit statement

"Cops could have contained situation"

None of us know what happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Toby and Wheres my Jumper are the CSI experts Ireland needs.

No facts or updates required and they can solve things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

But you don't know the facts, equally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

More complete speculation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Lots of f*cking experts on how to deal with a hostage/kidnapping/violent situation. Could yee not have volunteered your help to the guards when this all broke lads? Maybe your man would still be alive then. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It is no coincidence that the outlets who were giving the most regular "updates" were getting their facts mixed up the more and more they tried to get quick info out. Ironically RTE has got their facts 100% bang on before releasing them

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement