Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert in only one year

Options
  • 20-05-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, 
    I am a 5th year student from Spain, this year I have been doing TY and I absolutely loved being in Ireland so I decided coming back next year but the thing is that I am doing 5th year in Spain and next year I will be doing 6th year in Ireland. The school I am going to next year said that is everything okay but I am still scared if I would be able to catch up on all subjects in one year. For the LC I will be doing maths, English, biology, Spanish, economics, business, and geography (all HL but English). This year in Spain of this subjects I just have Maths and Economics, but I have done biology and geography all my life so I have a very good level at them. I already started studying something of business but I will study over the summer. Do you have any suggestions or could you explain to me what you've  learnt in 5th year?
    Thank you all :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Leaving Cert. is a two year course.

Have you checked that the syllabus in Spain is the same as that in Ireland? I would be very surprised if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xjcp

spurious wrote: »
    The Leaving Cert. is a two year course.

Have you checked that the syllabus in Spain is the same as that in Ireland? I would be very surprised if it was.

There are some differences in subjects such as geography or business but others like maths are the same things and I think that in Spain the level is even a bit harder. Thanks :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think most schools would enrol you in 5th year for a Leaving Cert. even if you have 5th year done in Spain. Ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xjcp

spurious wrote: »
    I think most schools would enrol you in 5th year for a Leaving Cert. even if you have 5th year done in Spain. Ask them.

I sent the enrolment form to some schools and 2 offered me studying there 6th year and the headmaster said that they could do that for me. I’m just a bit worried about if I would be able to study 5th year in a few months before school starts for 6th yeah, this just would be in business, geography, English (ol) and biology(revise everything I already studied in Spain) and if my English level would be good enough to face the leaving cert

You will need to find out what they covered in 5th year and cover it yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement