If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon X4400 AVR

Options
  • 20-05-2018 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm interested in AVR and was wondering what your best price is?

Also if I wanted to run a full 7.1.4 setup with it, what would you recommend to power the additional  2 speakers?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Markitron wrote: »
    Hi there,

Also if I wanted to run a full 7.1.4 setup with it, what would you recommend to power the additional  2 speakers?
    Hi Markitron.

The avrx4400 is a cracking amp.

Its currently priced at £829.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202923-denon-avrx4400.aspx

Stock on the 4400 is getting very very low and I think that once it's gone there be no more arriving as its due to be replaced.

I'm not sure what you mean "What would I recommend to power the additional 2 speakers?)
    The 4400 would be able to run the 7.1.4 as it has 11 channels. It has a height 1 left and right and height 2 left and right which would be the 4 Atmos speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Hi there,

Hi Markitron.

Stock on the 4400 is getting very very low and I think that once it's gone there be no more arriving as its due to be replaced.

I'm not sure what you mean "What would I recommend to power the additional 2 speakers?)
    The 4400 would be able to run the 7.1.4 as it has 11 channels. It has a height 1 left and right and height 2 left and right which would be the 4 Atmos speakers.
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Whilst the 4400 has 11 channel processing, it can only power 9 speakers at once and needs an additional amplifier for the final two channels. At least that is my understanding.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there,

Hi Markitron.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Whilst the 4400 has 11 channel processing, it can only power 9 speakers at once and needs an additional amplifier for the final two channels. At least that is my understanding.

Hi Markitron.

I had a read over the manual regarding setup and it will indeed only power the 9 at a time.

On the rear of the 4400 it has pre outs for the height 2 left and right. You would connect from these to a 2nd amp and use it for the extra 2 Atmos speakers.

As the 2nd amp would only be running Atmos speaker you would not need to spend over the top on it.

Perhaps something like the Tangent Ampster priced at £149.00. Its very small and would not take up to much space.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202449-ampster-bt.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.