Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Keys

Options
  • 20-05-2018 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Nursing the more than half dead computer, its ok for what I need for now, but the at key isn't working, the "' are working fine, but not the one I need most for email and refs.

Obviously, the keys aren't stuck and I don't think its updated since Saturday.

Any ideas for a fix or workaround?

TIA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Herpes Free Since03

Bredabe wrote: »
    Nursing the more than half dead computer, its ok for what I need for now, but the at key isn't working, the "' are working fine, but not the one I need most for email and refs.

Obviously, the keys aren't stuck and I don't think its updated since Saturday.

Any ideas for a fix or workaround?

TIA

Perhaps switch to American keyboard in settings...the number 2 and shift is your @ sign then.

If it's a laptop , just stick an ordinary usb keyboard into it and work away, that's an easier option

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

hold down the alt key and type 64

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Use the on-screen keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Bredabe

degsie wrote: »
    Use the on-screen keyboard.

Nothing that fancy on this computer sadly.

Thanks to you all,
    it seems that the windows 10 upgrade changed the values of the keys and it now thinks it a US keyboard, so I'll treat it like that for the few months it has left.

Thanks again for your help.

BB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Nothing that fancy on this computer sadly.

It's part of Windows 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thanks to you all,
    it seems that the windows 10 upgrade changed the values of the keys and it now thinks it a US keyboard, so I'll treat it like that for the few months it has left.

Thanks again for your help.

BB

Is it not a simple matter to revert that change?

Is it not a simple matter to revert that change?

It probably would but for operational reasons, I'm not allowed to do anything other than basic cleaning and updates. Which is why I have no clue how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It probably would but for operational reasons, I'm not allowed to do anything other than basic cleaning and updates. Which is why I have no clue how to do it.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-change-keyboard-layout-language-in-windows-10-3661624/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I had the same problem.

At the bottom right beside the time click on ENG, then click on English (Ireland), Irish keyboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My PC keeps switching layouts whenever my housemate has used his user; it's a known bug that Microsoft will probably never fix.

Advertisement