Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap control panel

Options
  • 21-05-2018 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

Hi...In my old home there is a Scopetronic Vista 5 control box, lately it has been giving problems such as the display going blank and PF(Power Failure) and tonight I got a call from my daughter telling me the external bell was going off and the display was showing BT I assume it was Bell Test? but eventually I turned of the supply to the unit and disconnected the battery in the where the main board was.
    Id like to change this unit if I can as it was installed over 20 years ago and is slowly dying. Too keep cost down is there a unit that I can swap it out myself with and without too much hassle and that will secure the house?
    Any help with this would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Payton wrote: »
    Hi...In my old home there is a Scopetronic Vista 5 control box, lately it has been giving problems such as the display going blank and PF(Power Failure) and tonight I got a call from my daughter telling me the external bell was going off and the display was showing BT I assume it was Bell Test? but eventually I turned of the supply to the unit and disconnected the battery in the where the main board was.
    Id like to change this unit if I can as it was installed over 20 years ago and is slowly dying. Too keep cost down is there a unit that I can swap it out myself with and without too much hassle and that will secure the house?
    Any help with this would be great.

They are just global sensors used on the Scoptronic so a replacement system will mean you can use all the other devices with it.
    A hybrid system will also give you the ability to add wire free devices also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Thank you for the reply. Is it easy enough to swap the unit out and could you recommend a hybrid unit if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Payton wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply. Is it easy enough to swap the unit out and could you recommend a hybrid unit if possible.

If you mark all the cables before hand then its a easy enough job to do.
    Just make sure you turn off the mains before doing anything as there is live electricity in the control panel.

I use the HKC 10270 myself for these type of upgrades.
    You can pick one up in most of the suppliers here.

Advertisement