Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text in middle of night

Options
  • 21-05-2018 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

Im on the 28 day, 20e top up.  Once every 28 days I get a text, usually anytime between 3am and 6am to say something like "your phone has been topped up".  

I know these are overnight batch jobs that are working internally, however, its needless texting at that time of the night.   

A) can eir make them so the texts get send at a sociable hour and Im not woken up from them in the middle of the night.  
    or 
    B) an email will do here.  is there a notification preferences somewhere that I can switch to mails instead or failing that switch them off altogether?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Im on the 28 day, 20e top up.  Once every 28 days I get a text, usually anytime between 3am and 6am to say something like "your phone has been topped up".  

I know these are overnight batch jobs that are working internally, however, its needless texting at that time of the night.   

A) can eir make them so the texts get send at a sociable hour and Im not woken up from them in the middle of the night.  
    or 
    B) an email will do here.  is there a notification preferences somewhere that I can switch to mails instead or failing that switch them off altogether?
    Hi clint_silver ,

If you are set up for an automatic top up and this time the message will continue to come through, If you top up manually you should receive the text shortly after that.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement