If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz 1608 AVR

Options
  • 21-05-2018 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi there.
    My trusty Onkyo 515 has died and I am forced at looking to either repair it or upgrade.
    I figure I was to be in the market for a 4k/HDR etc. next-gen AVR within a year or two anyway but my hand is now forced.

I have done some research and am keen on the Marantz 1608.  The size ad power is good (my room is not too large) and it seems fairly future-proofed.

I have a Q-Acoustic 5.1 setup I'd be pairing it with and still use my Panasonic VT50 I got from you guys in 2012.
    I only have a TV box and Android box as inputs and want to be sure I can decompress all the audio formats now and into the forseeable.

Can you advise on a price and shipping for this AVR to Dublin?
    Also, how is availability as I am AVR-less atm and need that resolved ASAP :)

Cheers.
    Ciaran Foster.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

fozz wrote: »
    Hi there.
    My trusty Onkyo 515 has died and I am forced at looking to either repair it or upgrade.
    I figure I was to be in the market for a 4k/HDR etc. next-gen AVR within a year or two anyway but my hand is now forced.

I have done some research and am keen on the Marantz 1608.  The size ad power is good (my room is not too large) and it seems fairly future-proofed.

I have a Q-Acoustic 5.1 setup I'd be pairing it with and still use my Panasonic VT50 I got from you guys in 2012.
    I only have a TV box and Android box as inputs and want to be sure I can decompress all the audio formats now and into the forseeable.

Cheers.
    Ciaran Foster.
    Hey Fozz.

Sorry to hear that your 515 has given up on you.

The nr1608 is a great little product and sounds excellent. Its currently priced at £389.00 but unfortunately its now listed as in store only collection as stock is now finishing up it seems.
    We have one left brand new boxed but it would need collected.

Might something like the Denon avrX2400 suit priced at £329. It is larger in size but the reviews are fantastic for it
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-13044-avrx2400.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fozz

The nr1608 is a great little product and sounds excellent. Its currently priced at £389.00 but unfortunately its now listed as in store only collection as stock is now finishing up it seems.

Might something like the Denon avrX2400 suit priced at £329. It is larger in size but the reviews are fantastic for it

Hi there and cheers for the prompt response.
    Collection is not ideal but is an option (I did it with the VT50 back in 2012 - just squeezed into the car!).
    Can you advise why the stock of the 1608 is finishing up?  Is there a newer model incoming that is replacing it?

I'll research that Denon and see how that looks but my first pref is the Marantz so please advise.
    Cheers and appreciated.

Ciaran Foster.

Hi there.

Cheers.
    Ciaran Foster.
    Hey Fozz.

Hi again.
    After reviewing the Denon and discussing with colleagues I've pulled the trigger on that on your site.
    You shoud have the order in at this stage and I hope you guys can get that out the door ASAP - would be great to have for the weekend if possible?!

Cheers for the info.

Ciaran Foster.

Hi there and cheers for the prompt response.
    Collection is not ideal but is an option (I did it with the VT50 back in 2012 - just squeezed into the car!).
    Can you advise why the stock of the 1608 is finishing up?  Is there a newer model incoming that is replacing it?

I'll research that Denon and see how that looks but my first pref is the Marantz so please advise.
    Cheers and appreciated.

Ciaran Foster.
    Hi Ciaran.

The 1608 is due to be replaced by Marantz with a newer version.

The NR1609 is due for release around the 1st week of June. I'm not 100% sure on the price but I would think in and around £500 - £600.

Hey Ciaran.

Thanks for the order :)

You will not be disappointed with the AVRX2400 at all.

I will be able to have this shipped this afternoon and it should arrive with you tomorrow or Wednesday at the very latest.

Once it is dispatched I will drop you a PM with your tracking details.

• Advertisement

Hey Ciaran.

I will be able to have this shipped this afternoon and it should arrive with you tomorrow or Wednesday at the very latest.

Awesome...big match on Sat so want that surround sound glory!

Ciaran Foster.

Hey Ciaran.

Awesome...big match on Sat so want that surround sound glory!

Ciaran Foster.
    Will drop your tracking details over in a PM now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.