Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency passport

Options
  • 21-05-2018 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi anyone know if you can go to passport office on a morning with relevant documents etc and get emergency passport on the day...other half due to fly Monday..can't get thru to office..do you need appointment? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hi anyone know if you can go to passport office on a morning with relevant documents etc and get emergency passport on the day...other half due to fly Monday..can't get thru to office..do you need appointment? Thanks in advance

do you mean today or next Monday?

If next monday you have time to get emergency passport

https://www.passportappointments.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

Riskymove wrote: »
    do you mean today or next Monday?

If next monday you have time to get emergency passport

https://www.passportappointments.ie/

Next Monday thanks. The website will only allow you to make appointment if you are travelling within 3 days..so not in that category yet...can't get regular appointment in time though so can't figure out what you are supposed to do..can you go to office without appointment or is it a waste of time..do I wait until the 3 days before travel and get appointment...sorry !! Stress levels are high...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Next Monday thanks. The website will only allow you to make appointment if you are travelling within 3 days..so not in that category yet...can't get regular appointment in time though so can't figure out what you are supposed to do..can you go to office without appointment or is it a waste of time..do I wait until the 3 days before travel and get appointment...sorry !! Stress levels are high...thanks

I'd make contact

they have an online chat facility as well as email

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/contact-us/

Riskymove wrote: »

I'd make contacti

they have an online chat facility as well as email

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/contact-us/

Can't get through on that either !!"all agents are busy" will keep trying... tthanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

New appointments released at 12.30 each day. Same day turnaround only available for medical/bereavement reasons. Otherwise 3 days

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    New appointments released at 12.30 each day. Same day turnaround only available for medical/bereavement reasons. Otherwise 3 days

We got an online apt eventually after trying all day..you have to keep refreshing page...couldn't get through on phones or weekday. So he went up to Dublin explained situation and was issued one at 4 pm sane day...thanks for your input..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mccaa

We got an online apt eventually after trying all day..you have to keep refreshing page...couldn't get through on phones or weekday. So he went up to Dublin explained situation and was issued one at 4 pm sane day...thanks for your input..

Hi can I ask was it a normal appointment or rapid renewel appointment you finally got?

Mccaa wrote: »
    Hi can I ask was it a normal appointment or rapid renewel appointment you finally got?

It was rapid renewal appointment..you get one for the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mccaa

It was rapid renewal appointment..you get one for the following day

OK thanks for replying. I have been trying that for 3 days now and can't get one. Going to just go up I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Mccaa wrote: »
    OK thanks for replying. I have been trying that for 3 days now and can't get one. Going to just go up I think

Appointments are released at 12.30 each day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Caranica wrote: »
    Appointments are released at 12.30 each day

Just went through this today, booking an appointment for tomorrow. I was online and waiting at 12:30 when the slots became available, and I got one then thankfully. When I check back three mins later, all the slots for tomorrow were gone.

Advertisement