Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Algae on gravel driveway

Options
  • 21-05-2018 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,having trouble with this on a part of my driveway. Anyone got any suggestions on how to get rid of it?Have tried weedkiller,mosskiller but no joy! would be grateful for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Bleach in a sprayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

will give it a shot! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

When I had a concrete back yard....power washer was the only thing to clear it. Had to be done a couple of times in the warmer months.

goz83 wrote: »
    When I had a concrete back yard....power washer was the only thing to clear it. Had to be done a couple of times in the warmer months.

yeah,that would do the trick on concrete alright,but not the gravel im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

fabvinny wrote: »
    yeah,that would do the trick on concrete alright,but not the gravel im afraid.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MMC-Pro-Surface-Armillatox-Alternative/product-reviews/B00Y2PZ1CQ

try this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Patio Magic.
    Spray it on, as directed, and in about a week or so the green algae will have disappeared. Lasts for a whole season.

Patio Magic.
    Spray it on, as directed, and in about a week or so the green algae will have disappeared. Lasts for a whole season.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tomc21

fabvinny wrote: »
    Hi,having trouble with this on a part of my driveway. Anyone got any suggestions on how to get rid of it?Have tried weedkiller,mosskiller but no joy! would be grateful for any suggestions.

In my opinion the only thing to use is hypochlorite it comes in a 25 litre drum mix 4 parts water 1 part hypochlorite spray on and leave let the irish weather do the work

Advertisement