Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International bank transfer 9working days past no trace . payee want to press charges

Options
  • 21-05-2018 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello everyone,

Here is my last hope to be heard and helped. Here is the story

May 3rd : I made a bank transfer of a pretty hefty amount to a payee. The payee has a French bank account as he resid in France. The payment was done in euros and as it was outside bank hours was due to be processed the day after

May 16th. We are now the end of working day n 5. The money has left my account but the payee has not received anything and is getting upset. I called BOI, they try to reassure me and advised to request a proof of payment from the service desk. Which I did

May 18th : Working day N9 since transfer,taking in account both French and Irish bank holidays. Payee has no received the money , calls me a scammer and is menacing to press charges. No answer from BOI about my request for the proof of payment. I call BOI who inform me that we are indeed outside the time frame for an international bank transfer as it takes 5 working days maximum. BOi advise my best chance to calm down the payee is that proof of payment requested.

This lead us to Today Monday 21th. Still no proof of payment in my inbox.The payee has still received nothing he is furious and gave an ultimatum. I must show that proof of payment or he will press charges.

This is causing me a lot of distress and I feel completely helpless. I hope to find here some help to make sure I get this proof of payment today.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi CecG, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We are really sorry to hear this.

Can you PM me the reference number please of the message you sent requesting the proof of payment? 

Once the funds have been moved into your completed transactions this would indicate that the funds have been fully debited from your account.

Please ensure that the funds didn't bounce back into your account by checking your credits.

Have you doubled checked that all the details are correct as in the payees details?

Thanks,

Kareana  

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CecG

Hi CecG, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We are really sorry to hear this.

Can you PM me the reference number please of the message you sent requesting the proof of payment? 

Once the funds have been moved into your completed transactions this would indicate that the funds have been fully debited from your account.

Please ensure that the funds didn't bounce back into your account by checking your credits.

Have you doubled checked that all the details are correct as in the payees details?

Thanks,

Kareana  

Hi Kareana, I’m trying to send you a pm but I’m not able to. How can I send you a pm on here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi CecG,

Can you try clicking a link under the signature please to send us a PM? If this doesn't work please let me know and I will send you a PM so that you can reply.

Thanks,

Kareana

Hi CecG,

Can you try clicking a link under the signature please to send us a PM? If this doesn't work please let me know and I will send you a PM so that you can reply.

Thanks,

Kareana

I’m using the mobile version and can not see anything:(. Could you please send me a pm ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

I have sent you a PM there CecG.

Let me know if you have any issues viewing my PMs.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Advertisement

Updates!

I went on a wild goose chase with BOI .
    Nobody was able to tell me where my money went.
    Wednesday 16 of may I requested a proof of payment. I’m still waiting for it ..... Bank of Ireland is acting very shady.
    The payee started a legal procedure against me.
    Thanks Bank of Ireland.

Wednesday 23 , I called again 365 online to ask for that damn document I’ve been asking for a week. I had to advise the lad on the phone that I will get in touch with the financial ombudsman.
    24hours later .... the money was back into my account with no explanation! Still waiting for the tracking document though...

How on earth is it possible for a bank to not be able to localize my payment for more than 10 working days, but when you pronounce the 2 magic words the money drop out of nowhere????

I will definitely get in touch with the financial Ombudsman. Bank of Ireland unwillingness to provide me with the document requested to know what happened to my money speaks for itself in regard of their business practices...

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

So now what happens with respect to the Payee? BOI have exposed you to a legal proceeding in France.

At the lease you need a written explanation from them as to the chain of events leading to then returning the funds into your account in case the French system action becomes an issue.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    So now what happens with respect to the Payee? BOI have exposed you to a legal proceeding in France.

At the lease you need a written explanation from them as to the chain of events leading to then returning the funds into your account in case the French system action becomes an issue.

I had to swallow my pride and ask my parents in France to help me out. They sent a chèque to the payee so I could make sure he will get paid. The payee was happy with that and said he would retract his claim once the chèque is cashed.
    I’m very lucky to have my parents in the same country than the payee. But could you imagine if it was an emergency situation where you needed money urgently for a medical emergency??? A carrier pigeon would have been more reliable than the bank.

I also want to precise that 365 service desk tried to feed me the bull**** pie , telling me that my branch tried to call me AND send me an email. Nope , I only receive their marketing emails and the only calls I received during this time are the one from a lovely advisor who was concerned about me but could not help me further...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi CecG

Please be assured this has been escalated for you, apologies an update with this payment query is taking longer than expected.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement