Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limitless Broadband in Mayo

• 21-05-2018 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Morning.

Some advertising boards have appeared near Bonniconlon offering 45meg through a company called 'Limitless Broadband'. Virtually nothing online about them apart from a business front page...

http://limitlessbroadband.online/

Contact only through the page mail address..... this would normally red flag a scam site except for the local boards...

Anyone had experience with them or heard of them before in Mayo?

TT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

its atlantek..
    i am a customer on a different plan and they
    have rang me to see do i want to upgrade,

i probably will but il leave it for a while
    and see how others get on with it first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

website looks like it was developed by a 12year old.
    I'd be skeptic.

If your an internet provider, but dont have a good internet site. I wouldn't expect great things from the internet itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    I'd be skeptic.

If your an internet provider, but dont have a good internet site. I wouldn't expect great things from the internet itself.

Not sure I would agree with that. The site is simple and clear, no fancy graphics but seems to be functional.

Imagine have what you might call a good website but their service is anything but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Whois info:
    $ whois limitlessbroadband.online                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    Domain Name: LIMITLESSBROADBAND.ONLINE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
    Registry Domain ID: D50742754-CNIC                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
    Registrar URL: http://www.tucows.com/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    Updated Date: 2018-01-18T09:45:39.0Z                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
    Creation Date: 2017-08-01T14:49:49.0Z                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    Registry Expiry Date: 2019-08-01T23:59:59.0Z                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
    Registrar: Tucows.com Co.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    Registrar IANA ID: 69                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID: C140948265-CNIC
    Registrant Name: Alan McGrath
    Registrant Organization: Atlantek Computers Ltd
    Registrant Street: The Square
    Registrant City: Belmullet
    Registrant State/Province: Co Mayo
    Registrant Postal Code:
    Registrant Country: IE
    Registrant Phone: +353.9782255
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Email: info@atlantek.net
    Registry Admin ID: C140948265-CNIC
    Admin Name: Alan McGrath
    Admin Organization: Atlantek Computers Ltd
    Admin Street: The Square
    Admin City: Belmullet
    Admin State/Province: Co Mayo
    Admin Postal Code:
    Admin Country: IE
    Admin Phone: +353.9782255
    Admin Fax:
    Admin Email: info@atlantek.net
    Registry Tech ID: C140948268-CNIC
    Tech Name: Liam Coyle
    Tech Organization: iSeek.ie
    Tech Street: Unit 2
    Tech Street: Hillview Campus
    Tech Street: Euro Business Park
    Tech City: Little Island
    Tech State/Province: Cork
    Tech Postal Code: T45 K288
    Tech Country: IE
    Tech Phone: +353.212429494
    Tech Fax: +353.212429494
    Tech Email: liam@iseek.ie
    Name Server: NS.DARKLITE.IE
    Name Server: NS2.DARKLITE.IE
    DNSSEC: unsigned
    Registry Billing ID: C140948265-CNIC
    Billing Name: Alan McGrath
    Billing Organization: Atlantek Computers Ltd
    Billing Street: The Square
    Billing City: Belmullet
    Billing State/Province: Co Mayo
    Billing Postal Code:
    Billing Country: IE
    Billing Phone: +353.9782255
    Billing Fax:
    Billing Email: info@atlantek.net
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: pdm@tucows.com
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4165350123
    URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
    >>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2018-05-21T15:31:17.0Z <<<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

woody1 wrote: »
    its atlantek..
    i am a customer on a different plan and they
    have rang me to see do i want to upgrade,

The main issue for me is contention. Imagine can supply 80+ meg in the morning but that can drop to 5 meg in the evening. With an unlimited service the promised 45 meg from Atlantek can't be sustained all day surely.

Do you have problems with speeds Woody?

TT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Not sure I would agree with that. The site is simple and clear, no fancy graphics but seems to be functional.

The problem is that the site is so simple there is no information like cost, service, locations, coverage. Basic information at least. A crappy email form is hardly professional.

You are right Imagines service is not good most of the time but at least their site/facebook page carries information.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

im on an 8 mb package, and it varies between 4-8 actually sometimes its more .. up to 15 but in general it probably averages 6.. i have clear line of sight out to a very rural mast..
    on the phone i couldnt get any kind of number for a minimum speed out of them.. didnt fill me with confidence .. but in general the service has been good, i probably will chance it after a while.. but il see how others get on ..

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

I'd be skeptic.

Imagine have what you might call a good website but their service is anything but.

That is a shocking website to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Ahh c'mon, Did you even hover over an icon??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Ahh c'mon, Did you even hover over an icon??

I looked at it on the phone, no hover ability

• Advertisement
Advertisement