If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49-50" TV & Soundbar

Options
  • 21-05-2018 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi, 

I'm looking for a 49-50" Super UHD 4K TV and corresponding soundbar that would suit a wide but shallow room. After some research, I have identified the LG 49sj800v as a possible option since it has an IPS panel and therefore more suited to wide viewing angles than VA panels. I would consider buying a 'higher grade' TV but apparently, there won't be any OLED/QLED TVs in this size any time soon.

Are there any other alternative TVs that I might have missed that I should be considering given my requirements?

The TV will be mounted on a wall bracket with the intention of also mounting the soundbar underneath. Are there particular soundbars that are more suited to this than others?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

irishbuzz wrote: »
    Hi, 

I'm looking for a 49-50" Super UHD 4K TV and corresponding soundbar that would suit a wide but shallow room. After some research, I have identified the LG 49sj800v as a possible option since it has an IPS panel and therefore more suited to wide viewing angles than VA panels. I would consider buying a 'higher grade' TV but apparently, there won't be any OLED/QLED TVs in this size any time soon.

Are there any other alternative TVs that I might have missed that I should be considering given my requirements?

The TV will be mounted on a wall bracket with the intention of also mounting the soundbar underneath. Are there particular soundbars that are more suited to this than others?
    Hi Irishbuzz.

There are very few IPS panels out there at the moment.

Other than the LG the NEW Panasonic FX750 range is also IPS.
    https://www.richersounds.com/panasonic-tx49fx750b-dpub320.html

OLED/QLED only starts at 55" unfortunately. 

The 49SJ800 is a really nice television. We have one on our wall here at the store and it looks the part, although I think this might actually be the last one as our main warehouse is now totally out of stock and the NEW SK range has started to arrive.
    The NEW 49SK8100 as far as i see is an IPS panel priced at  £1199.00
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/lg-tvs/lg-49sk8100plb.html

Are there any soundbars that you have seen that might be of interest?

Perhaps the Q Acoustics M4 priced at £249.00. Great sound and good bass levels.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200641-black-200641.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Thanks for the reply

I just research the 49SK8100 a bit but I'd actually be a little more interested in the 49SK8500. Have you any plans to stock it?

The spec on that soundbar looks quite good but I do wonder would its shape look ok when mounted under the tv. At the moment I would be hoping for something in the €300 price range for it though yes

Thanks for the reply

I just research the 49SK8100 a bit but I'd actually be a little more interested in the 49SK8500. Have you any plans to stock it?

The spec on that soundbar looks quite good but I do wonder would its shape look ok when mounted under the tv. At the moment I would be hoping for something in the €300 price range for it though yes
    Hi irishbuzz,

I have seen the new UK series release dates but as yet I've nothing for the SK series. I will keep an eye out and keep you posted.

Kind regards

David

Thanks for that Kenny,

Do you know if you were to begin stocking it what the price point would be? 

I'm a little confused by your earlier message regarding the 49SJ800: "this might actually be the last one as our main warehouse is not totally out of stock". I'm not sure are you saying you're all out or do still have a small number of units remaining.

Thanks for that Kenny,

Do you know if you were to begin stocking it what the price point would be? 

I'm a little confused by your earlier message regarding the 49SJ800: "this might actually be the last one as our main warehouse is not totally out of stock". I'm not sure are you saying you're all out or do still have a small number of units remaining.
    Hi irishbuzz,

The SJ800 is now totally out of stock in our main warehouse so we have none left.

Unfortunately I haven't seen the pricing list for the new SK series LGs but they should be arriving on our website very soon.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Cheers for letting me know. I'd imagine that based on the prices I'm seeing elsewhere for the 49SK8500 (Currys €1649) it's probably going to be outside my budget. I might have gone that high for OLED but I was hoping to stick ~€1300 for LED.

For now, I'll probably try source the 49SJ800 elsewhere as I don't think the 49SK8100 warrants the increase in price. For me anyway.

Many thanks for the help though. I might come back yet regarding the soundbar as it looks good.

Cheers for letting me know. I'd imagine that based on the prices I'm seeing elsewhere for the 49SK8500 (Currys €1649) it's probably going to be outside my budget. I might have gone that high for OLED but I was hoping to stick ~€1300 for LED.

For now, I'll probably try source the 49SJ800 elsewhere as I don't think the 49SK8100 warrants the increase in price. For me anyway.

Many thanks for the help though. I might come back yet regarding the soundbar as it looks good.
    Hi Irishbuzz.

No problem at all.

Let me know if we can be of any help in the future.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.