Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING!!!! Mean Machines:World Series PS4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I missed the post about the online working now. That is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sony sold you a working game, it's not their responsibility if the servers for the game are having issues. There are no issues with the Micro Machines the game, the issues stem from the fact that Codemasters don't give a damn about supporting it and are happy to let it die as they are handing back the mobile rights to Hasbro pretty soon, August 14th I believe.

You are so wrong my friend, go onto the codemasters forum and read the micro machines thread. The game has be FUBR since launch, and still glitched to bits.

But as I said, water off a ducks back at this stage.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    You are so wrong my friend, go onto the codemasters forum and read the micro machines thread. The game has be FUBR since launch, and still glitched to bits.

But as I said, water off a ducks back at this stage.

No one is saying that there are not issues with the game, anyone who has played it will realise this but the point is that these issues are server based.

It's like buying an iPod and then finding out that iTunes is not working due to server issues, do you bring it back to Currys who you bought it from or is it Apple's issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So you did not read the forums then, the issues are far from server based.

:rolleyes:

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    So you did not read the forums then, the issues are far from server based.

Maybe in future then read the feedback for a game before purchasing it. I wanted to get MM awhile back but knowing Codemasters read up on it first and opted not to get it. 90% of the issues affecting the game relate to issues with the servers.

No matter if the game works or not, it is not Sony's responsibility to ensure that, it is the publishers. If you buy the disc and have the same issues would it be Sony's issue to sort out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Maybe in future then read the feedback for a game before purchasing it. I wanted to get MM awhile back but knowing Codemasters read up on it first and opted not to get it. 90% of the issues affecting the game relate to issues with the servers.

No matter if the game works or not, it is not Sony's responsibility to ensure that, it is the publishers. If you buy the disc and have the same issues would it be Sony's issue to sort out.

Its not the consumers job to make sure a product is fit for purpose. Is the sellers.

If a disc version was bought its the store that sold it that would be responsible.

Sony sold the game on their online store making your contract of sale with them.

Maybe you could drop the Sony bias for 5 seconds and look at it objectively?

EoinHef wrote:
    Maybe you could drop the Sony bias for 5 seconds and look at it objectively?

I'm not on anyone's side, just pointing out that Sony are not the responsible party here. If you buy an iPod and discover that one if the third party apps doesn't work as it should, is that apples fault? If you buy a game in GameStop and take it back citing the bugs present in the game and issues with the server you ain't getting a refund.

I'm not on anyone's side, just pointing out that Sony are not the responsible party here. If you buy an iPod and discover that one if the third party apps doesn't work as it should, is that apples fault? If you buy a game in GameStop and take it back citing the bugs present in the game and issues with the server you ain't getting a refund.

Ive twice brought games back to stores when the online wasnt working and got a refund.

Once from xtra vision and once from game. Games are no different to any other software,it has to be fit for described purpose.

Sony is a retailer with the online store,in this country that means they have a responsibility to make sure the products they sell are fit for purpose.

If i buy a game on steam and it doesnt work do i apply to the developer to get a refund or steam? The answer is steam provide me with the refund as they are the retailer.

EoinHef wrote:
    If i buy a game on steam and it doesnt work do i apply to the developer to get a refund or steam? The answer is steam provide me with the refund as they are the retailer.

So will Sony if the game isn't working, I've got refunds from them in the past. MM as a game runs fine but CM don't care and have crippled it through neglect. The game still runs, just not very well. Servers are a joke and they're retiring support for the game on August.

So will Sony if the game isn't working, I've got refunds from them in the past. MM as a game runs fine but CM don't care and have crippled it through neglect. The game still runs, just not very well. Servers are a joke and they're retiring support for the game on August.

But they have refused wonda in this case. If the game is a mess Sony really should withdraw it from sale on their store. If its not as advertised,ie broken online,its not fit for purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Bought this game 3 days ago for the little fella from PSN, DL the game and its totally useless. Will not connect to the online servers to play so its basically an online game that will not connect online. Has not worked in a week now even though I emailed sony the following day saying I wanted a refund.

Next day I send PSN an email saying game is broke I would like a refund. Got an email back saying I am not eligible for a refund as I have already downloaded the game!!!! Yes, thats right I downloaded the game so I am no eligible for a refund.....ONLY IN IRELAND I AM TELLING YOU.

Rang them just now and they said because I DL the game and played it (which I have not as the fookin thing will not connect online) I am not getting a refund and if I have a problem get a refund off code masters!!!

I told them I bought the game off sony not codemasters and that they are in fact selling a game that is faulty and my point of purchase is with them.

Point blank refused my requests and told me to deal with code masters END OFF.

Absolutely shocking from sony....really is.

Its horrible to see to gamers getting taken like this, especially when Steam and Xbox are giving refunds and are being very pro-consumer.

I am actually shocked that PlayStation are not violating some laws by doing this.

It doesn't even make sense. Why bite the hands that feeds you.
    I wish the PlayStation community would rally against nonsense like this. Its a huge community of millions so PlayStation would be forced to listen and take action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Sony operate a closed market online so any complaints and refunds should go through them. Considering how mercenary they can be if you attempt a chargeback, they really should be showing more good will if a customer had an issue with a game. It is crappy on their part and they should really be on the ball of there are issues with games they are selling on their marketplace. There really is no defending them.

EoinHef wrote:
    But they have refused wonda in this case. If the game is a mess Sony really should withdraw it from sale on their store. If its not as advertised,ie broken online,its not fit for purpose.

We have no idea why they refused, I have had three games refunded by Sony over the past year. And anyone who think that Steam or Xbox is some shining example of consumer friendliness is misguided.

Are Sony responsible for when FIFA has issues, should they withdraw the game from sale whenever there is down time or offer refunds to anyone who buys it and then can't play because something they don't control is having issues? They offer sub's to Netflix on the PSN, should they offer money back to people when Netflix goes down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Its horrible to see to gamers getting taken like this, especially when Steam and Xbox are giving refunds and are being very pro-consumer.

I am actually shocked that PlayStation are not violating some laws by doing this.

It doesn't even make sense. Why bite the hands that feeds you.
    I wish the PlayStation community would rally against nonsense like this. Its a huge community of millions so PlayStation would be forced to listen and take action.

Hmm, are you just posting here to continue bickering with Darko?

Sony operate a closed market online so any complaints and refunds should go through them. Considering how mercenary they can be if you attempt a chargeback, they really should be showing more good will if a customer had an issue with a game. It is crappy on their part and they should really be on the ball of there are issues with games they are selling on their marketplace. There really is no defending them.

Any complaints at all, so I have issues with a bug in Assassins Creed, is that something for Sony as they provided the game though an online purchase? Do I need to get money back from MS because I lost 12 hours of Agents of Mayhem 2 due to a game breaking bug on the Xbox?

We have no idea why they refused, I have had three games refunded by Sony over the past year. And anyone who think that Steam or Xbox is some shining example of consumer friendliness is misguided.

Are Sony responsible for when FIFA has issues, should they withdraw the game from sale whenever there is down time or offer refunds to anyone who buys it and then can't play because something they don't control is having issues? They offer sub's to Netflix on the PSN, should they offer money back to people when Netflix goes down?

I cant speak for Xbox but Steam has a much better and more transparent refund system so in this sense its way better than Sony's. Relying on Sonys good will rather than your rights is not always going to work.

The second part is a strawman,the MM's game is an online game which could not be played online. Thats different to a small glitch or bug in a game.

And if netflix is down i have a right to ask for a refund yes. Or at least compensation like my renew date being pushed out by the amount of time ive lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I agree. Its completely indefensible.

Everywhere I look people are having an awful time trying to get a refund on the PlayStation store for what would be considered completely justifiable reasons.

Then to top it off closing peoples accounts for doing a charge back seems very low. Its designed to make sure the customer is punished.

The worst example I've seen at the moment is Lawbreakers.
    PlayStation aren't refunding people who purchased the game and worse yet they are still selling the game on the PlayStation store even though they know the company is shutting down :eek:

When I buy another PlayStation I won't be buying digital. Its just too risky. I'll stick with the game discs.

Steam's refund policy is very new and up until recently was one of the most restrictive and consumer unfriendly out there.

I think altogether I've got 5 games refunded from Sony and it was never a problem. Once I had an issue with a refusal
    and I just ended that call and rang back where upon a second adviser refunded me.

It's not really, if you buy a non Sony game it is not their responsibility to ensure the servers are up and running.

What you and others are saying is that any issue you run into with a third party title purchased on the PSN is Sony's responsibility? When the servers are turned off on say Pro Evo 16, should Sony offer a refund to anyone who bought it digitally as the online aspect is the biggest parr of the game? Should Sony refund any gamer who bought Battleborne digitally given that the game is dead?

I think that Sony can be quit crap but so can Steam and Xbox, at the same time Sony can't be held responsible for issues with third party games just because you purchased them on the PSN. After all, people seem to think that buying digitally is the same as purchasing a disc. It's not, when you buy digitally you are buying access to a title and you can bet that the ToS cover them.

But do go to to Sony for that refund as they facilitate Netflix on the PSN?

Of course its their responsibility as well as the developers. Should they take a cut of sales but have zero responsibility for anything they sell? Surely you could see how that could be abused

Id go to the retailer i paid the subscription to as thats where my contract of sale is,as per my consumer rights.

I feel ive stated this now a few times.

EoinHef wrote:
    Of course its their responsibility as well as the developers. Should they take a cut of sales but have zero responsibility for anything they sell? Surely you could see how that could be abused

So you think Sony should refund Battleborne customers now that the game is dead even though they had nothing to so with it? Also maybe read the terms and conditions you agree to when buying a digital game.

• Advertisement

So you think Sony should refund Battleborne customers now that the game is dead even though they had nothing to so with it? Also maybe read the terms and conditions you agree to when buying a digital game.

If they sold me the game today,yes.

They can attach any ToS they like,it still doesnt override any of my consumer rights.

A fact you dont seem to be grasping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

When the servers are turned off on say Pro Evo 16, should Sony offer a refund to anyone who bought it digitally as the online aspect is the biggest parr of the game?

...Sony can't be held responsible for issues with third party games just because you purchased them on the PSN.

So on your first point Pro Evo 16 European championships edition. What a game. I played the hell out of it but **** all online as i suck.

Your second point is spot on. It’s not Sony’s problem if a game fails and servers for said game are switched off or are dead (battleborn).

If people buy a game a few months after launch it’s up to that person to check the state of the online community, not Sony!

You could buy black ops 3 today and it’ll have an online community, heck even Infinite Warfare still matchmakes no hassle, but there’s plenty of others that are just dead.

In somewhat related news I had a game of Halo 3 on XBox 360 on a few months ago and it’s still going as is Halo 4 which I also loved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Apologies for locking the thread OP, but this thread has drifted quite a bit away from your original complaint.

Can only repeat the advice you were given earlier in the thread: if the product is defective, you are fully entitled to claim a refund from the seller. If Sony aren't budging, quote your consumer rights and escalate it if necessary. They are in breach of the rules, so don't let them numb you into submission.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement