Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex Secret Screening

Options
  • 21-05-2018 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭

Just got an email for a secret screening of a movie in Mahon Omniplex.

Wasn't aware of these but my brother tells me he's gotten invites to them before.

Was curious if anyone has been to one and what the films were.

Debating whether it's worth it. Their tease is "Do you want to be the first to see a major new film before its release in Ireland? The catch is, you don’t know what you’re seeing until the film starts!

Join us in Omniplex Cork for a brand new Comedy on Monday 28th of May"

This one is rated 16 and is 104 minutes, don't see anything on IFCO that corresponds to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

That was my best guess as well.

Guessing this is just a way of offloading tickets for something that probably won't sell too much.
    Wondering what other people have seen at a secret screening thre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Your brother's in on it OP! It's a trap!

JK

Sounds cool. Is it a test screening or a finished, released movie? Either way it sounds like a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I bet it's that one with Diane Keaton. You know where she ends up wearing white blouses and tinted glasses all movie and shakes her head a lot!

If it is Book Club, I'd avoid. The radio advert uses the "play a funny line by the character who's name you just announced" ploy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Your brother's in on it OP! It's a trap!

JK

Sounds cool. Is it a test screening or a finished, released movie? Either way it sounds like a laugh.

Finished just not released yet in Ireland yet.

If it's Book Club though, Yeah, that's gonna be a no for me dawg

• Advertisement
Advertisement