Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitbit Charge HR warranty

Options
  • 21-05-2018 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hi

I bought my wife a fitbit charge HR a little over two years ago. She loved the product but the watch fell apart after 6 months. Fitbit sent a new watch to replace the one that fell apart but unfortunately the same issue happen again. The same issue happen another two times and fitbit sent a replacement each time. Now it happen again and fitbit will only offer 25% off a new watch on there site. This works out actually slightly more expensive than amazons pricing(and their US site) .

Its out of warranty now and I asked for them to push the discount to 50% (which they had previously offered instead of a replacement).

Am I out of options even though she had nothing but problems with the watch falling apart. The last one won't even power on now. I think really it should of been a product recall as it is a known issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fitbit/comments/49tf1m/fitbit_falling_apart_again/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

If you bought it in Ireland then you are covered for manufacturer defects for up to 6 years. I had a Charge HR which also fell apart... 4 times! Same happened to a relative's. And to a friend's. I would steer clear of Fitbit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

Arbie wrote: »
    If you bought it in Ireland then you are covered for manufacturer defects for up to 6 years. I had a Charge HR which also fell apart... 4 times! Same happened to a relative's. And to a friend's. I would steer clear of Fitbit now.

I bought it on amazon. They tell me it only had a two year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you bought it on Amazon, then deal with Amazon. Have you contacted them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Get them on twitter they are generally good there and replace

dudara wrote: »
    If you bought it on Amazon, then deal with Amazon. Have you contacted them?

Didn't think to try amazon will do. I sent fitbit a mail explaining irish law and the 6 year limit I threaten the small claims court if they didn't come back with a better offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Tango One wrote: »
    Didn't think to try amazon will do. I sent fitbit a mail explaining irish law and the 6 year limit I threaten the small claims court if they didn't come back with a better offer.

you have no contract with fitbit, you can only claim against Amazon

Thanks Jim,

Don't think I would go the trouble of the small claims court just annoyed with the poor quality of the product.

Any idea a link on how to contact amazon support. The support link appears to broken

We're sorry to hear that. If you need more help, you can <a href=/gp/help/customer/returns-support?ref_=pls_ccs_hmd&orderId=026-6207684-5555555&itemIds=lmkikuosskmrq>contact us</a>.

Advertisement