Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ribs in Cork

Options
  • 21-05-2018 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Looking for a restaurant that serves good ribs. Never really found a place in Cork tbh. Heard about Bad Boys and White Rabbit on McCurtain street but there's not many reviews on the ribs.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Looking for a restaurant that serves good ribs. Never really found a place in Cork tbh. Heard about Bad Boys and White Rabbit on McCurtain street but there's not many reviews on the ribs.

Not tried others, but Elbow lane did some nice ribs last time I was in town early enough to get a table there. Also can get their dry rub and sauce in supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Ribs are good enough in White Rabbit. Bad boys is closed as of a couple of weeks ago, they're food truck only again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Disclaimer: I have never eaten ribs.

Are they the same thing as what where called bodice when I was growing up?

Are they good? I tend to avoid anything fatty or grisly, not being a meat lover, but looking to add some meat to my diet now.

If somewhere in Cork did decent ribs, I might give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I really liked the white rabbit ones lately

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I have never eaten ribs.

Are they the same thing as what where called bodice when I was growing up?

Are they good? I tend to avoid anything fatty or grisly, not being a meat lover, but looking to add some meat to my diet now.

If somewhere in Cork did decent ribs, I might give it a try.

Yes and no.
    Bodice is cured (or pickled) ribs - bacon ribs, essentially.
    Ribs, as they are usually served, are pork ribs (uncured or pickled), cooked until soft and tender and slathered in BBQ sauce. Some places will smoke them, too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Well, that sounds better.
    I think growing up young, I was turned off meat by it all being boiled.

Was given coddle once in Dublin, eugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Not tried others, but Elbow lane did some nice ribs last time I was in town early enough to get a table there. Also can get their dry rub and sauce in supervalu.

Tried Elbow lane and their ribs were tough and chewy. Very disappointed. Must go back again to give them another try as that was a while ago.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,310 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Was given coddle once in Dublin, eugh!

Yeah, we really should apologise more for inflicting coddle on the world, it's awful stuff.

Give the ribs in Holy Smoke a miss, was very disappointed with them when I was down in Cork recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Can't believe no one has suggested luigi malones, they've been doing them for years. One of the best in Cork IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I haven't had ribs from there but Yuan Ming Yuan is the best Chinese in town so I'd assume that their ribs are good.
    All Chinese restaurants do Chinese style ribs - a variation on the regular BBQ ribs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Holy Smoke is yer only man

http://mardyke.com/holy-smoke/

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Can't believe no one has suggested luigi malones, they've been doing them for years. One of the best in Cork IMO

Yes, I'd agree with that....God I remember when they used to do a double rack for about 21e or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭busymum1

My girls like the ribs in Cafe Mex, spicy though but very tender.

Advertisement