Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low maintenance idea for large garden.

Options
  • 21-05-2018 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,
    My parents (early 70s) build a new house on a large site. probably a half acre. The builder scammed them leaving the house partially finished. So unfortunately very small budget left to finish the garden. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The plan was to get it landscaped professionally but now would like it to look tidy as its just over grown. we have cleared the over growth but what can we plant to stop weeds amd Sally trees growing? beautiful sunny spot. thank you as I know nothing about gardening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Good grass and several trees - mixed both on there own and in groups and it will be low maintenance and look well

Btw - I'm unknowledgable and wanted very low maintenance garden 14 years ago and did above.

If you have a decent garden centre nearby, ask them to drop out and advise on trees and where to locate them. Well worth the little extra cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

inspiration.jpg

Advertisement