Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Incident Zero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

"Mufasta'r here..."

"Should be arriving at station shortly, should be a short treck to.your location... happy and able to.provide some assistance...".
    "Great" Kei moves the comm away from here head "AI, ETA?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Nimroth wrote: »
    "I couldn't agree more, but we're running against time. I can't share more over the comm channels but I would suggest you have a look around and join me in the lab. I hope the others are here soon, too."

"Roger that"
    Lena goes to look in the weapons locker, looking for lethal and non lethal options, and smart weaponry and a CD of 2Unlimited or similar brainsplosion music.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    "Roger that"
    Lena goes to look in the weapons locker, looking for lethal and non lethal options, and smart weaponry and a CD of 2Unlimited or similar brainsplosion music.
    No CDs, but plenty of lethal weaponry. Mostly shotguns, some pistols, with a few smoke grenades.

Evade wrote: »
    "Great" Kei moves the comm away from here head "AI, ETA?"
    "Breaching 20m/s^2, arrival in seven minutes"

"Be there in seven minutes Mufasta'r" Kei braces for the acceleration.

• Advertisement

Kei enters the Science Hub terminal, after the train decelerated for the final quarter of the journey.

"Mufasta'r here..."

"Should be arriving at station shortly, should be a short treck to.your location... happy and able to.provide some assistance...".
    Mufasta'r finds little on the tram, it having been summoned from a storage bay when Nathan sent it.

It arrives in a terminal at the back of the science hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Fourier wrote: »
    Mufasta'r finds little on the tram, it having been summoned from a storage bay when Nathan sent it.

It arrives in a terminal at the back of the science hub.

Mufasta'r checks for the quickest route to Kei and makes his way over.

Kei undoes her harness and keeps her weapon trained on 'Ash' and waits for Mufasta'r. "Last chance to take the easy way, the hard way should be here any minute"

Kei undoes her harness and keeps her weapon trained on 'Ash' and waits for Mufasta'r. "Last chance to take the easy way, the hard way should be here any minute"
    'Ash' says little simply gritting his teeth beneath the visor and bizarre utterances in some unknown language.

Mufasta'r and Golpspirot step onto the train a few minutes later.

• Advertisement

OOC: Holding responses there

'Ash' says little simply gritting his teeth beneath the visor and bizarre utterances in some unknown language.

Mufasta'r and Golpspirot step onto the train a few minutes later.
    She nods at the two "Mufast'r and... sorry, I didn't catch your name" Kei holds up the oxygen bottle "This is the sample of the blue goo" gestures at the comm burst "that was in the process of transferring who knows how much data to who knows where and" gestures to 'Ash' "he was operating it but he doesn't read a living by the train AI and I just don't like his whole situation. I haven't checked him for hidden weapons or comms yet"

She nods at the two "Mufast'r and... sorry, I didn't catch your name" Kei holds up the oxygen bottle "This is the sample of the blue goo" gestures at the comm burst "that was in the process of transferring who knows how much data to who knows where and" gestures to 'Ash' "he was operating it but he doesn't read a living by the train AI and I just don't like his whole situation. I haven't checked him for hidden weapons or comms yet"

Mufasta'r nods at Kei.

"Good to see you are still in one piece..."

He turns to Kei's prisoner, shows his teeth and lets our a fierce growl.

"Something is not right with this one...".

He calls Golpspirot over.

"I'll assist in restraining the prisoner, chew him up and spit him out if needed...".

"Can you check the device, which seems to be interlinked with the train control panel. If this was transmitting data, we need to know what it was, no matter how trivial it may seem...".

He turns back to Kei.

"Presumably you want me on guard duty? Presumably you want to bring the comm burster?".

Mufasta'r nods at Kei.

"Good to see you are still in one piece..."

He turns to Kei's prisoner, shows his teeth and lets our a fierce growl.

"Something is not right with this one...".

He calls Golpspirot over.

"I'll assist in restraining the prisoner, chew him up and spit him out if needed...".

"Can you check the device, which seems to be interlinked with the train control panel. If this was transmitting data, we need to know what it was, no matter how trivial it may seem...".

He turns back to Kei.

"Presumably you want me on guard duty? Presumably you want to bring the comm burster?".
    "Exactly. Bring it all somewhere secure and figure this out. How far away is Doctor Cole?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

No CDs, but plenty of lethal weaponry. Mostly shotguns, some pistols, with a few smoke grenades.

If there's a pistol and holster she'll take at least one for personal use and a few clips.

She loads up on guns n ammo, looking for anything that might serve as a trolley, and carts as much as possible over to the lab.

Along the way, she keeps an eye open for bulging necks and head holding.

Evade wrote:
    She nods at the two "Mufast'r and... sorry, I didn't catch your name"
    "Golpspirot, rare around here, common as water back home"
    "Hmmm...strange, it's just reams and reams of extracts from an Imperial medical database. The standard one colonies come installed with. Although with some modifications. Why he'd have been beaming it into the mountains though...hey you where was this headed for, what was receiving it?"

"Nothing" comes the response, though he doesn't face Golpspirot but Kei when he says it.

"Hmmm...strange, it's just reams and reams of extracts from an Imperial medical database. The standard one colonies come installed with. Although with some modifications. Why he'd have been beaming it into the mountains though...hey you where was this headed for, what was receiving it?"
    "It has to be a code of some kind. If we compare it to the standard database and log the changes we might get an idea of what it's about."

"Nothing" comes the response, though he doesn't face Golpsirot but Kei when he says it.
    "You're getting on my last nerve"

In the lab, one of the sensors detects a brief broadcast from the organ very low down in the radio spectrum. The organ then turns a golden brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

In the lab, one of the sensors detects a brief broadcast from the organ very low down in the radio spectrum. The organ then turns a golden brown.

"I just hope we had enough time to collect data." he says while he starts analyzing the recording of the broadcast for it's content while running a quick simulation on the estimated range a transmission like this could have.

He makes sure all research data is copied to his datapad and updated in minute intervals.

"Nothing" comes the response, though he doesn't face Golpspirot but Kei when he says it.

"We should not kill the data feed, rather infect it..."

"If this one... does not give us answers...".

"We take it by force..."

Mufasta'r switches his comms on.

"Anybody got access or ability to generate a bug with this ability?"

Ooc: presuming that someone aint me, lookin at you nimroth...

• Advertisement

Mufasta'r shakes his head and switches on comms to the group.

"Apologies, i just realised context was missing for my request...".

"Mouth, as usual, not in line with the brain..."

"Can we generate a bug, to infect the datastream that was being transmitted into the mountains?".

"AI preferable with set instructions to alter minor details of information transmitted, to render it unusable, though without the receipient knowing it is unusable."

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

Mufasta'r shakes his head and switches on comms to the group.

"Apologies, i just realised context was missing for my request...".

"Mouth, as usual, not in line with the brain..."

"Can we generate a bug, to infect the datastream that was being transmitted into the mountains?".

"AI preferable with set instructions to alter minor details of information transmitted, to render it unusable, though without the receipient knowing it is unusable."

Nathan looks up from his screen and activates his comdot to reply:
    "Altering the data stream is likely rather simple. Altering it in a meaningful way is a completely different story. Happy to give it a look if you can bring it in."

He closes the channel and continues the analysis of the organ and the broadcast that originated from it.

The broadcast certainly contained a lot of data, the organisation of wave packet alone tells Nathan that. As for the contents though, the computer cannot decipher what possible language, machine or natural, the information was encoded in.

Mufasta'r walks up to the prisoner and prods him to move forward, out of the train and into the science hub.

"Seems there is little left for us here...".

"Better get moving...".

The man lunges at Mufasta'r with ferocious rage.

OOC:
    Fight
    https://rolz.org/dr?room=Boards%20Traveller%20II

Kei turns to Golpspirot "You okay carrying the transmitter?" and falls in beside Mufasta'r "Has anyone else encountered crazy miners attacking you or begging for death?"

The vacsuiter however is not as fast as Mufasta'r, who slices him across the chest. The man stumbles back as Mufasta'r makes anothjer swing missing only slightly. Fortunatly Kei emerges from the cabin, the powerful blast wave from a magrail accelerated bullet ruffling Mufasta'r's fur as it slams into the vacsuiter's arm, taking it clean off. The arm flies a few meters off the train onto the science hub platform.

The man doesn't scream or give any sign of pain. He simply lies on the ground not bleeding.

"Last nerve"

"Im not picking up the arm..." Mufasta'r says as he gives Kei a nudge on his shoulder, grinning as he says it.

"No blood... No good...".

He grans the prisoner by the leg and continues his treck towards the science hub.

"At least this wont leave much of a mess..." he says as he turns around to his party.

"Best not to doddle much longer...".

• Advertisement

The man's teeth suddenly fall out, replaced by blue white tendrils that begin to glow brighter and brighter.

Advertisement