Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Incident Zero

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Kei flashes a quick smile at Mufasta'r and then retrieves the arm. "The Doc might be able to figure out what he is with this. 1000Cr says he's an infiltration droid." She follows Mufasta'r to the science hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Fourier wrote: »
    The man's teeth suddenly fall out, replaced by blue white tendrils that begin to glow brighter and brighter.

"Holy *****" Mufasta'r shouts out as he drops the body.

He wipes his hand on the wall, disgusted, confused and intrigued at the same time.

"Not sure i should be touching this".

He opens up comms to Dr. Cole.

"Activate camera on our current location, you"ll want to see this...".

He turns to the group.

"Not sure we want to stay around to see what is going to happen, best to view this from a safe distance.".

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

"Holy *****" Mufasta'r shouts out as he drops the body.

He wipes his hand on the wall, disgusted, confused and intrigued at the same time.

"Not sure i should be touching this".

He opens up comms to Dr. Cole.

"Activate camera on our current location, you"ll want to see this...".

He turns to the group.

"Not sure we want to stay around to see what is going to happen, best to view this from a safe distance.".

Nathan looks for a camera feed and puts it on a big display so the other doctors can see too.
    "Let's see if we have an audio feed. Maybe we can use the comdot connection."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The man's torso splits open as the ribs lift themselves out of the upper body. Crystalline structures emerge from the heart, carried together with the lungs out of the chest cavity and begin to grow into a chord of sorts that tapers to a point and begins chiselling at the skull.

"The arm will have to do" Kei fires a few more lethally aimed shots at 'Ash'

• Advertisement

OOC: Rolz again

The man's torso splits open as the ribs lift themselves out of the upper body. Crystalline structures emerge from the heart, carried together with the lungs out of the chest cavity and begin to grow into a chord of sorts that tapers to a point and begins chiselling at the skull.

Watching the scene on the screen Nathan looks over to the other doctors.
    "Now would be a good time to call in help from Guardian."

OOC: How much time has passed since planetfall and how long since beginning of the quarantine?

Mufasta'r signs for everyone to stand clear from what was previously the prisoner.

He sets his gun to a low charge and fires a shot.

"Need to see the reaction to plasma... curious before i start backpeddling".

Kei's shot shatters two of the ribs, causing the structure with the heart and lungs to fall over as their "legs" collapse, just before they do, they manage to rupture the skull, out of which crawls a heavily augmented brain supported by a muscle at its base that expands and contracts for snail like motion. The natural grooves in the cerebral cortex are pasted over with flouride crystals.

Nathan's terminal begins to detect massive quantities of information being shunted via low wave radio.

Nimroth wrote: »
    Watching the scene on the screen Nathan looks over to the other doctors.
    "Now would be a good time to call in help from Guardian."

OOC: How much time has passed since planetfall and how long since beginning of the quarantine?
    Spachens stares in shock

"Aaa....agreed" he runs to his quarters to contact colonial authority.

OOC: Four hours for the former, two for the later, roughly. I'll have more precise values later.

• Advertisement

Mufasta'r opens comms to Dr. Cole

"Seen anything like this before doctor?".

"The movement seems to indicate its still semi-active, as if searching or communicating... anything you can share on this?"

OOC: low wave radio frequency jammers are easy diy, with basic equipment. Would i have the technical know-how to create aomething like this from scrap? I know in-character knowledge not caught uo yet.

OOC: Holding thread there, sorry for the delay earlier, busy this evening

Mufasta'r opens comms to Dr. Cole

"Seen anything like this before doctor?".

"The movement seems to indicate its still semi-active, as if searching or communicating... anything you can share on this?"

OOC: low wave radio frequency jammers are easy diy, with basic equipment. Would i have the technical know-how to create aomething like this from scrap? I know in-character knowledge not caught uo yet.

"No, I can't say I have" Nathan replies quietly in an attempt to cover up the horror that he feels after witnessing the scene.
    "This...this.." he starts and pauses there trying to keep in control of his composure...
    "I don't think anyone has ever seen something like this. At least I've never even read about something like this, so we're basically on uncharted territory. We are picking up some low frequency radio signals emitting from it, but the analysis of the signal is still ongoing."

He looks over to the other doctors looking for any sign of disagreement, actually hoping for one at this stage.

Back to the comdot:
    "I can see that you've already found some means to defend yourself, but just in case I'm adding the location of the closest gun locker (OOC: preferably another than the one Lena raided) and access codes."

"Do whatever you can to preserve as much of the specimen as you can."

Turning back to the doctors:
    "Do we have a mobile stasis or bio containment unit that we can send their way? If this is contagious I'd prefer not to have them carry it over the whole campus. I'd also like to start setting up a safe parameter around the lab just in case. Can you please contact local authorities to request their assistance? I think the lab is probably the best center as we have the best chance to stop whatever is going on from here."

He turns back to the analysis of the broadcast.

"No, I can't say I have" Nathan replies quietly in an attempt to cover up the horror that he feels after witnessing the scene.
    "This...this.." he starts and pauses there trying to keep in control of his composure...
    "I don't think anyone has ever seen something like this. At least I've never even read about something like this, so we're basically on uncharted territory. We are picking up some low frequency radio signals emitting from it, but the analysis of the signal is still ongoing."

He looks over to the other doctors looking for any sign of disagreement, actually hoping for one at this stage.

Back to the comdot:
    "I can see that you've already found some means to defend yourself, but just in case I'm adding the location of the closest gun locker (OOC: preferably another than the one Lena raided) and access codes."

"Do whatever you can to preserve as much of the specimen as you can."

"Do we have a mobile stasis or bio containment unit that we can send their way? If this is contagious I'd prefer not to have them carry it over the whole campus. I'd also like to start setting up a safe parameter around the lab just in case. Can you please contact local authorities to request their assistance? I think the lab is probably the best center as we have the best chance to stop whatever is going on from here."

He turns back to the analysis of the broadcast.

"Whatever its transmitting... It cant be for the betterment of our situation... should we be looking to kill or block the signal somehow?" Mufasta'r responds to the doctor.

"Whatever its transmitting... It cant be for the betterment of our situation... should we be looking to kill or block the signal somehow?" Mufasta'r responds to the doctor.

"We could try that, but that could take away our opportunity to understand the situation better."

"Roland, how long until the analysis of the broadcast is finished?"

Fulchz nods.

"There are three containment droids you can access from our consoles here"

"We could try that, but that could take away our opportunity to understand the situation better."

"Roland, how long until the analysis of the broadcast is finished?"
    "Forty five minutes Dr. Cole"

As Mufasta'r says this, the brain's muscle begins to develop short cylindrical legs like a caterpillar and begins to amble away.

Mufasta'r sighs.

"This is going to be a problem...".

He loads his pulse rifle on a low setting, takes aim and shoots the 'creature' which seems ot be trying to flee.

"Not taking anything with Dr. Cole... not getting any closer, than i need to be...".

Fulchz nods.

"There are three containment droids you can access from our consoles here"

Nathan sends all three droids to meet the others.
    Mufasta'r sighs.

He loads his pulse rifle on a low setting, takes aim and shoots the 'creature' which seems ot be trying to flee.

"Not taking anything with Dr. Cole... not getting any closer, than i need to be...".

"No problem, droids incoming to give you a hand."

• Advertisement

"I saw some strange Xeno stuff in the Navy, but this tops it all" Kei looks around for something large enough to contain the spider head.

Nathan reaches for his comdot and opens a channel to Lena.

"Miss Jaarg, I hope you haven't prioritized the bar over the weapons locker." he says and adds a small laugh to make sure Lena doesn't take his remark too serious.
    "Whatever it is you're doing, you might want to speed up a little and come over to us. Things are getting rather unpleasant."

Mufasta'r sighs.

OOC: Pulse or plasma rifle?

OOC: plasma, sorry!

OOC: plasma, sorry!
    OOC: No worries! Just hoping I hadn't forgot anything! Head to rolz

OOC: Four hours for the former, two for the later, roughly. I'll have more precise values later.
    OOC: Four hours fifteen minutes since landing, an hour and forty minutes since quarantine.
    Sargon's day is thirty-two hours long. You arrived early in the morning and it's only mid-morning by now. Humans do not adhere to the natural day, but the simulate 24 hour Terran day within the hubs.

Mufasta'r's rifle releases a stream of plasma into the train hub, distorting the floor with its heat. Luckily he controls the arc of the flame just in time, turning the gun upward, so only the edge of the blaze reaches the scuttling brain.

This burns the pseudolegs off, but leaves the flouride armour encased cortex entact.

Nathan sees the signal slow, but not halt.

Nathan sends all three droids to meet the others.
    The droids careen onto the platform. Little container bots that looks like bins with wheels and green eyes atop the lid.

The one that gets there first recognises the brain as the sample and quickly opens up and scoops it in.

Nathan sees the signal slow, but not halt.

"Mr. Hoasoslow, the broadcast has nearly stopped, but not completely."

While talking Nathan instructs one of the droids to perform a scan of the others when they arrive.

"The droids should be with you any minute. I haven't heard from Ms Jaarg, so you might want to keep an eye open for her on the way and pick her up if she's stranded."

• Advertisement

"We need to get the situation under control, before we become seriously implicated... best not to allow runners in the hub".

He looks at his party and shrugs.

"What?! I like my safe space...". He says.

Advertisement