Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Incident Zero

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Nimroth wrote: »

"Mr. Hoasoslow, I'm afraid I have to ask you to proceed to one of the decontamination showers. You haven't been infected but you carry traces in your fur and this could endanger the others."

"No problem doctor, I could do with a wash...". he responds to Dr. Cole, who makes the recommendation based on the initial scans.

"Very eager to remove any all trace..."
    Banjo wrote: »
    As the Aslan passes, Lena spits out a "mother****er!" and grabs her rifle, leveling it at him.
    "Scan him again Doc - either he's infected or he's smuggling a ****ing golf ball in the back of his neck."

"Your problem, terran?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"your problem, furball, is that you have a very big lump on the back of your neck, one that wasn't there before and seems to be the big giveaway right before the headaches and bouts of unexpected violence.

You seem calm. Remain so and we won't have a problem. If nothing else, an unexpected act of violence now would only prove me right and no one wants that now do they? Doc, please, indulge me."

(Ooc : I may be wrong about the lump - it's hard to search the thread on mobile :) but didn't you get an implant there?)

"If that is, what you consider, big... I feel sorry for your mating partners terran...".

He laughs at Lena.

"Though you are right about the lump... I got an implant installed in the Telleran back when all of this seemed to have kicked off...".

He scoffs at Lena.

"Perhaps though, you should consult with the Doc... before a sticking guns in people's faces...".

Mufasta'r makes his way to the chemical showers to get cleaned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

Evade wrote: »
    Kei places the samples in the container and one of the mobile scanners on her arm.

"Odd question Doc but are there any clothes in there?"

He looks over to Fulchz. "I haven't seen any but I would assume there's some spare lab medical outfits, Dr. Fulchz?"
    "If that is, what you consider, big... I feel sorry for your mating partners terran...".

He laughs at Lena.

"Though you are right about the lump... I got an implant installed in the Telleran back when all of this seemed to have kicked off...".

He scoffs at Lena.

"Perhaps though, you should consult with the Doc... before a sticking guns in people's faces...".

Nathan watches the exchange between the two and re-runs the scan for the Aslan. He also analyzes the implant to make sure the implanting procedure went well and will not cause unforeseen complications. Never trust a street doc...
    "Mr. Hoasoslow, what kind of implant did you order to be fitted?"
    He waits for an answer and should the Aslan give it, compares it with the actual scan results.

"Wont gain if you dont take risks doc...".

He points towards the implant in his back.

vibrating so rapidly it blurs in his hand.

"This orb contains brain tissue, cloned from a psyker. I have been told this should give me the ability to teleport across distances, the greater the distance... the greater the risk..."

He shrugs.

"I havent had the chance to put it to the test yet..." he proceeds to explain.

• Advertisement

"Wont gain if you dont take risks doc...".

He points towards the implant in his back.

vibrating so rapidly it blurs in his hand.

"This orb contains brain tissue, cloned from a psyker. I have been told this should give me the ability to teleport across distances, the greater the distance... the greater the risk..."

He shrugs.

"I havent had the chance to put it to the test yet..." he proceeds to explain.

OOC: Does that make sense to Nathan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

He laughs at Lena.

"If you're unphased by the idea that your penis could be stuck to the back of your neck, I feel sorry for your race, pussywillow.

Obviously apologies for waving the gun around but for the sake of all the ****s, all over the universe, if you have any other surprises that happen to match the exact ****ing symptoms of the global pandemic we're facing but are somehow miraculously unrelated, maybe let us know in advance so we don't have to have you put down?"
    Nathan puts the information on the big display for everyone to see.
    "Ms. Jaarg, I think our priorities have just shifted." he says pointing towards the part of the screen showing the last known location of the infected.
    "Sir yes sir!" she snaps, slinging her rifle on her back and grabbing a hand-scanner.
    "What's the protocol? Treatment? Containment?"
    She draws a pistol.
    "Mercy?"

"If you're unphased by the idea that your penis could be stuck to the back of your neck, I feel sorry for your race, pussywillow.

Obviously apologies for waving the gun around but for the sake of all the ****s, all over the universe, if you have any other surprises that happen to match the exact ****ing symptoms of the global pandemic we're facing but are somehow miraculously unrelated, maybe let us know in advance so we don't have to have you put down?"

"Sir yes sir!" she snaps, slinging her rifle on her back and grabbing a hand-scanner.
    "What's the protocol? Treatment? Containment?"
    She draws a pistol.
    "Mercy?"

"Treatment is unfortunately not an option yet. Hopefully Roland will be able to give us something with the results of the analysis.
    I would say containment is a questionable option given the aggression we've witnessed. Also I'm not sure it would be a good idea to lock up the infected together. Only one outbreak like the one we witnessed earlier in a confined space and it'll be a massacre. We don't know if other infected are a target for the fully grown version, but the resulting fear and panic will cost lifes."

He scratches his chin and looks back and forth between the screens, the other doctors and Lena.
    "I guess our best chance is to establish a safe zone, scanning everyone inside and slowly expanding the perimeter. If we find an infected we deal with them as needed, either by isolation in a separate, safe space or by removal of the infection source. It depends on how far they are gone and how violent they are. Use your own discretion but better safe than sorry I would say at this stage."

Mufasta'r looks puzzled at Lena, as details of what we are dealing with are sketchy at best to him. With little exposure to the threats thus far, he is unsure how the 2 subjects are related or even visibly similar.

"Something i will take into consideration, terran...". He says as he reaches out, in a manner how he has dealt with weeping humans before.

3dRv.gif

"Though i know not what we are dealing with, I appreciate your flare for the dramatic... nothing takes control of the situation as well as flinging guns around and display triggerhappy attitudes."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Does that make sense to Nathan?
    OOC: He would know that teleporting can be dangerous over long distances, either in height or along the planets surface.
    Essentially teleporting up or down can cool or heat the body rapidly (it's due to conservation of energy) and teleporting long distances can mean the ground there is moving more rapidly from your point of view and wallops into you.

• Advertisement

The chemical showers lie a few doors down the hall, he enters into the changing room. A sickly sweet odor fills the air, mixing unpleasantly with the chlorine smell from the water.

He looks over to Fulchz. "I haven't seen any but I would assume there's some spare lab medical outfits, Dr. Fulchz?"
    "Room 3F down the corridor and two rights has some"
    Nathan watches the exchange between the two and re-runs the scan for the Aslan. He also analyzes the implant to make sure the implanting procedure went well and will not cause unforeseen complications. Never trust a street doc...
    "Mr. Hoasoslow, what kind of implant did you order to be fitted?"
    He waits for an answer and should the Aslan give it, compares it with the actual scan results.
    It does match. The medical equipment indicates that the pskyer was probably potent one, but it's not a psi-scanner so difficult to tell the full details of the tissue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

"Good, the lining of this jacket is starting to get very itchy." Kei looks at the device on her arm "Are my results in yet? Do I need a magrail lobotomy?"

"Good, the lining of this jacket is starting to get very itchy." Kei looks at the device on her arm "Are my results in yet? Do I need a magrail lobotomy?"

"I've set the mobile scanner to notify us if any of your readings should change."

"Thank you Roland, please walk us through the results."
    "Yes Dr. Cole"

It brings up a 3D map of Sargon.

"The transmissions from both the device made by the gentleman Kei met on the train, his independent...walker brain for lack of a better word and the lab brain were all directed at the same source. Mountains on the Southern Continent. We've never established a colony there, due to lack of resources.

The signal from the device was a highly detailed exposition of human anatomy and genetics. The other two transmissions, well, they were not purely transmissions, but also some data was received....the designs are too complex for me to fully parse, but they seem to contain more instructions for further genetic alterations in light of the anatomy information.

The also sent a colony wide broadcast.

Dr. Cole, I think they're learning your physiology and updating their genetic code in response. Both from academic knowledge and 'in the field' experience."

OOC: Tomorrow, I'll post a list of all weapons you have, current ammo count and a map of the complex for the high pace game on Saturday.
    Stopping there.

Fourier wrote: »
    "Yes Dr. Cole"

It brings up a 3D map of Sargon.

"The transmissions from both the device made by the gentleman Kei met on the train, his independent...walker brain for lack of a better word and the lab brain were all directed at the same source. Mountains on the Southern Continent. We've never established a colony there, due to lack of resources.

The signal from the device was a highly detailed exposition of human anatomy and genetics. The other two transmissions, well, they were not purely transmissions, but also some data was received....the designs are too complex for me to fully parse, but they seem to contain more instructions for further genetic alterations in light of the anatomy information.

The also sent a colony wide broadcast.

Dr. Cole, I think they're learning your physiology and udating their genetic code in response. Both from academic knowledge and 'in the field' experience."

"Thank you Roland. This is fascinating."
    He turns towards the other doctors but also includes Roland in his field of vision.
    "Is there anything special about those mountains? If you've considered building a colony there, there should be scouting reports, geological analyses, geothermic scans etc etc available?"

Activating his comdot:
    "This is Dr. Cole calling the Estrella Gris. Captain, what's your status. Is everything ok on board the ship? Has the crew returned? I'm transmitting you an upgrade for your medical scanners and would advise to perform scans with the new setting for the whole crew, even the ones that haven't set foot on the planet. I'm also transmitting ship scanner settings to scan for unusual fluoride levels and suggest you run a thorough scan of the whole ship. We wouldn't want to have any unwanted souvenirs on board, would we?"

Nathan wanders over to the trolley that Lena brought with and looks for a gun that looks like a simple "point and squeeze" kind of deal. Nothing fancy, but something easy to handle without being a walking killing machine like our soldier types.

Activating his comdot again:
    "Dr. Spachens, what's Guardian's status?" he asks while opening access to the communication transcripts to give the conversation that Spachens was having a peek.

OOC:
    Map here:
    https://imageshack.com/a/img924/2552/94IeaS.jpg

At the very top there is a door which has "Main Med Lab" above it, that connects in with the map from earlier:
    https://imageshack.com/a/img921/5375/vdvjfd.jpg

OOC: Rumour Control, here are the facts.

Lena's cart contains:
    Accelerator Rifle (3D, 15, Zero-G)
    Advanced Combat Rifle x 2 (3D, 40, Auto 3, Scope)
    Assault Shotgun x 5 (4D, 24, Auto 2)
    Gauss Pistol x 2 (3D, 40, Auto 2, AP 3)
    Smoke Grenade x 5
    Frag Grenade x 2 (5D)
    EMP Grenade

"Thank you Roland. This is fascinating."
    He turns towards the other doctors but also includes Roland in his field of vision.
    "Is there anything special about those mountains? If you've considered building a colony there, there should be scouting reports, geological analyses, geothermic scans etc etc available?"
    Fulchz seems to be growing increasingly nervous.

"Yes, they're made purely of Neutronium, exposed to the other crust. The old stellar core is directly exposed there. We never wanted to get too close to it."
    Activating his comdot:
    "This is Dr. Cole calling the Estrella Gris. Captain, what's your status. Is everything ok on board the ship? Has the crew returned? I'm transmitting you an upgrade for your medical scanners and would advise to perform scans with the new setting for the whole crew, even the ones that haven't set foot on the planet. I'm also transmitting ship scanner settings to scan for unusual fluoride levels and suggest you run a thorough scan of the whole ship. We wouldn't want to have any unwanted souvenirs on board, would we?"
    "We're fine Dr. Cole, still being questioned on Guardian. They've been told we can return for pick up but we're still getting a grilling, should be able to get out in the next hour."
    Nathan wanders over to the trolley that Lena brought with and looks for a gun that looks like a simple "point and squeeze" kind of deal. Nothing fancy, but something easy to handle without being a walking killing machine like our soldier types.
    A gauss pistol looks like it will do nicely.
    Activating his comdot again:
    "Dr. Spachens, what's Guardian's status?" he asks while opening access to the communication transcripts to give the conversation that Spachens was having a peek.
    "Marine drop ship from Guardian en route...now just so you know, out here our people are not as experienced as Imperial marines, but these are our best soldiers"

The communication logs confirm that he pressed for firepower as strong as possible. It neglects to mention that Guardian is ready to nuke the site from orbit on orders of the combined government of the surrounding ten systems."

• Advertisement

Roland comes up on the console screen again.

"Doctor Cole, strong flouride emissions in both out patients (OOC: The four little rooms with the purple floors) and the main ward (OOC: Large room with two sub rooms each with five beds)"

The chemical showers lie a few doors down the hall, he enters into the changing room. A sickly sweet odor fills the air, mixing unpleasantly with the chlorine smell from the water.
    He begins to hear a strange cracking sound from within one of the shower units.

Fulchz seems to be growing increasingly nervous.

"Yes, they're made purely of Neutronium, exposed to the other crust. The old stellar core is directly exposed there. We never wanted to get too close to it."

Nathan looks at Fulchz in silence for a few seconds before he says: "Doctor, if there is anything you know that would help to shed some light on our situation, now would be the time to speak."
    He keeps an eye on Mant and his reaction.

"We're fine Dr. Cole, still being questioned on Guardian. They've been told we can return for pick up but we're still getting a grilling, should be able to get out in the next hour."

"Roger, all passengers and crew member ready for extraction at your earliest. If it helps to speed things up, refer to Dr. Spachens."
    A gauss pistol looks like it will do nicely.
    "Perfect." Nathan thinks and looks for a way to carry the pistol without having to tug it into his belt.

Nathan looks at Fulchz in silence for a few seconds before he says: "Doctor, if there is anything you know that would help to shed some light on our situation, now would be the time to speak."
    He keeps an eye on Mant and his reaction.
    Mant, as far as Nathan can tell, makes little reaction, a slight wriggling of the limbs as Fulchz speaks, but hard to interpret.

"The mountains, geophysically, should be unstable, have collapsed millions of years ago, but they haven't....we presumed it was a natural phenomena we didn't understand"

Roland comes up on the console screen again.

"Doctor Cole, strong flouride emissions in both out patients (OOC: The four little rooms with the purple floors) and the main ward (OOC: Large room with two sub rooms each with five beds)"

Nathan relays that information to the others via comdot.

"I've set the mobile scanner to notify us if any of your readings should change."
    "So I don't need to be quarantined then?"

"So I don't need to be quarantined then?"

"No, there's no reason for concern at the moment."

Everybody in the room begins to hear a tapping coming from the door out to the main science hub, beyond the weapons cache.

Kei moves over to the door and tries to see if she can hear the noise more clearly and what it might be.

OOC: Am I proficient with the gauss pistol an is AP armour piercing?

• Advertisement

OOC: Banjo can't make it and Nebelwerfer doesn't seem to be around yet, so I'll pull this back to the usual pace.

Advertisement