Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Incident Zero

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

Fourier wrote: »
    Everybody in the room begins to hear a tapping coming from the door out to the main science hub, beyond the weapons cache.

Nathan checks for camera feeds showing the area in front of the door and puts them on the big holo-display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    Kei moves over to the door and tries to see if she can hear the noise more clearly and what it might be.

OOC: Am I proficient with the gauss pistol an is AP armour piercing?
    OOC: Yeah, Gauss Pistol is covered by your Gun Combat (Slug) skill. AP is armour piercing, ignores that many points of armour.

Outside the sealed door, composed of transparent tungsten, stands an eight foot tall purple-blue being with hands the length of a human arm, ending in sharp blades. Two sacs sit beneath a distorted human skull, holding some something that gives off steam that escapes through the creatures mouth.

It simply taps at the door and watches Kei with six eyes, two extra sets having emerged above and beneath the usual ones, none though are human looking, instead the appear almost diamond like.

Nimroth wrote: »
    Nathan checks for camera feeds showing the area in front of the door and puts them on the big holo-display.
    This reveals that the creature is backed up by another five like itself. They occasionally scrape at the ceiling and floors, but expose only wiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

"Hey Doc what the hell is that" Kei runs back to the crate grabs a gauss pistol and performs the usual checks to make sure it's in good working order. "the Imperial Navy's NoStaX (non standard xenos) class had nothing like this"

"Hey Doc what the hell is that" Kei runs back to the crate grabs a gauss pistol and performs the usual checks to make sure it's in good working order. "the Imperial Navy's NoStaX (non standard xenos) class had nothing like this"
    The Gauss pistol is in good shape.

The being then brings its mouth to the door and streams the fluid from its sacs onto the doors surface.

The cameras determine that the fluid is in fact some sort of plasma.

• Advertisement

Nathan stares at the camera feed in disbelief...
    "I...have...no...idea..." he says his eyes not leaving the screen even for a second.
    "This..." he looks around the room towards the others present and continues "would probably be a good moment to get the Aslan out of the showers..."

Nathan stares at the camera feed in disbelief...
    "I...have...no...idea..." he says his eyes not leaving the screen even for a second.
    "This..." he looks around the room towards the others present and continues "would probably be a good moment to get the Aslan out of the showers..."
    The beings part and the first one pulls back from the door as another one, tall and with skin of translucent green passes down the corridor to the door. This other genus, if that is the correct word, seems to have a long snakelike body, the human spine being severely distorted to achieve this. The tail is tapered to a point, that ends in a metallic spike.

The creature retains its human hands, which carry a toolkit. This it now uses to open up the key pad and begin rewiring it.

The beings part and the first one pulls back from the door as another one, tall and with skin of translucent green passes down the corridor to the door. This other genus, if that is the correct word, seems to have a long snakelike body, the human spine being severely distorted to achieve this. The tail is tapered to a point, that ends in a metallic spike.

The creature retains its human hands, which carry a toolkit. This it now uses to open up the key pad and begin rewiring it.

Nathan looks for a way to send a power surge through the keypad or sabotage the efforts to open the door in any other way.

Nathan looks for a way to send a power surge through the keypad or sabotage the efforts to open the door in any other way.
    OOC: Computer check (+3), Intelligence (+2), Easy (+2)

OOC: Computer check (+3), Intelligence (+2), Easy (+2)

OOC: rolls 2d6+7 = 18

• Advertisement

"Doc. What kind of fire suppression system is out there? If it's an inert gas replacement system set it off. Maybe it'll choke them out" Kei takes cover and aims at the door.

"Doc. What kind of fire suppression system is out there? If it's an inert gas replacement system set it off. Maybe it'll choke them out" Kei takes cover and aims at the door.

"Good idea." Nathan checks and if he finds anything useful activates it.

Nathan's hacking has given near complete control of the medical wing, simple command initiates a full third level sweep of the halogen suppressors. On the camera there is a white out as the dense fog covers the corridor.

When it clears the beings are unconscious or dead on the floor.

Nathan's hacking has given near complete control of the medical wing, simple command initiates a full third level sweep of the halogen suppressors. On the camera there is a white out as the dense fog covers the corridor.

When it clears the beings are unconscious or dead on the floor.

"That went better than expected." he says.

He activates his comdot:
    "Dr. Spachens, I'm transmitting you a video recording in case you need any more arguments for Guardian to get moving and get the situation under control."

He checks the colonies security feeds for signs of more outbreaks.

"Let me guess, samples?"

He checks the colonies security feeds for signs of more outbreaks.
    Several more, some of these beings have begun appearing in large numbers down at the mines, but have cut the cameras. Even worse, satellites have picked up a strong heat signature now present in the mines.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

OOC: apologies, some unexpected stuff going on tonight. If autopilot is an option, please do not hesitate as I do not want to impede the game progress. Otherwise I will read up on progress so far, as quickly as I can and jump in when I can.

Apologies!

OOC: apologies, some unexpected stuff going on tonight. If autopilot is an option, please do not hesitate as I do not want to impede the game progress. Otherwise I will read up on progress so far, as quickly as I can and jump in when I can.

Apologies!
    OOC: No worries Nebelwerfer! :)

Several more, some of these beings have begun appearing in large numbers down at the mines, but have cut the cameras. Even worse, satellites have picked up a strong heat signature now present in the mines.
    Roland speaks to Nathan.

"Dr. Cole, this worries me, as far as my protocols permit me the emotion to be frank. There were no such beings even ten minutes ago, now they have the mining complex. That suggests rapid editing and expression of your genome."

Roland speaks to Nathan.

"Dr. Cole, this worries me, as far as my protocols permit me the emotion to be frank. There were no such beings even ten minutes ago, now they have the mining complex. That suggests rapid editing and expression of your genome."

"That means we should make sure we get out of here as soon as possible. I don't think we can wait for the Estrella Gris. Options? Ideas?"

• Advertisement

"That means we should make sure we get out of here as soon as possible. I don't think we can wait for the Estrella Gris. Options? Ideas?"
    OOC: Would Kei have heard that?

OOC: Would Kei have heard that?

OOC: That was directed to everyone present. Hoping for our brilliant scientists to join the solution finding ;D

He begins to hear a strange cracking sound from within one of the shower units.

Mufasta'r cautiously approaches the direction from which the sound came and activates his comms to the group.

"I left all of you behind me, yet there is noise in front of me...".

"Checking it out, though expecting this to be a first sign of trouble brewing...".

"Can we get a scan in sanitation, my current location...?"

He readies his rifle as he checks ahead.

Mufasta'r cautiously approaches the direction from which the sound came and activates his comms to the group.

"Checking it out, though expecting this to be a first sign of trouble brewing...".

Three bodies are stuffed into the shower cubicle ahead of him.

Hanging from the shower head itself is a creature about a meter long, with off-white skin and a purple line down its back. It alternates between resting and dipping down onto the shower floor for another bite. A pair of currently near vestigial hands growing ever so slightly more each time.

"I can fly anything from single seat super agile fighter to kilometers long capital ships, lets get your data and samples to the spaceport and leave."

Nathan looks confused when he does only get questioning looks back in return. He forgot that Roland was only talking to him.

He addresses all present: "The situation seems to get much worse very fast. I don't think we can wait for the Estrella Gris and should initiate a colony wide evacuation. Surely there are plans in place that can be extended by an extra medical scan to make sure the infection stays contained."

"Mr. Hoaslosow, I suggest you return to us asap. Things are getting worse rapidly."
    "I can fly anything from single seat super agile fighter to kilometers long capital ships, lets get your data and samples to the spaceport and leave."

Nathan checks for a spaceport manifest and shows it to Kei. "What would you suggest?"

Fulchz laughs nervously at Kei.

"Well I like her idea!"

"As do I" Mant gesticulates, "but you stand a poor chance of reaching the starport. I suggest we should shut down the ventilation fans and the electrostatic fields that keep the vents purified. That way you could crawl to Neutronium research and then figure out what to do.

I should remain as an obvious target, to draw them from you"

EDIT: Earlier version unclear

Nathan checks for a spaceport manifest and shows it to Kei. "What would you suggest?"
    There is currently:
    A hypersonic jet engine able to reach the upper atmosphere
    A starship, far trader class
    An interplanetary safari boat (no jump drive)
    A helicopter

Three bodies are stuffed into the shower cubicle ahead of him.

Hanging from the shower head itself is a creature about a meter long, with off-white skin and a purple line down its back. It alternates between resting and dipping down onto the shower floor for another bite. A pair of currently near vestigial hands growing ever so slightly more each time.

Shivers run down Mufasta'r's spine as he witnesses this horrid abomination in front of him.

This is not something that could have happened in an instant, or even gone unnoticed by the scientists who have been congregated all this time in the hub itself.

"No, this has been going on for a longer time..." he thinks to himself.

"These... creatures... They did NOT... get here... ON THEIR OWN..".

Mufasta'r backs away slowly, in the hope to stay unnoticed.

He thinks to himself that one of the scientists, beside Dr. Cole, has been providing a helping hand. Perhaps curiosity and an over-attachment to your experiments has gotten out of hand, wouldn't be the first time this Aslan has seen this behavior.

"Must warn the others... Traitor... Danger... among our midst...".

Mufasta'r intends to not aggravate but rather leave to tell the tale.

• Advertisement

Mufasta'r intends to not aggravate but rather leave to tell the tale.
    A larger version of the creature suddenly hangs down from the light outside the shower room door, looking Mufasta'r straight in the eyes, if the thin red slids about its monkey like head are eyes.

It makes no move, but will have to be pushed to walk out the door.

Advertisement