Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Incident Zero

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Nimroth wrote: »
    Nathan checks for a spaceport manifest and shows it to Kei. "What would you suggest?"
    Kei stops to think for a moment "That depends. Just us? Or are we going to risk rescuing as many locals as we can?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    Kei stops to think for a moment "That depends. Just us? Or are we going to risk rescuing as many locals as we can?"
    Mant immediately speaks.

"As many as possible. We must."

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

"Right now we know we are not infected. I don't see how we can make sure we don't take infected aboard if the authorities don't intervene."

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Mufasta'r looks around for a way to activate the chem showers from his current location.

Mufasta'r looks around for a way to activate the chem showers from his current location.
    A near by power box on the wall could be tampered with.

OOC: Electronics (Power) skill (+1), Education based (+2)

• Advertisement

Mufasta'r spots a powerbox on the wall, his way currently obstructed he needs to either confront or distract.

"Lets see how they feel if we inject some chem up in this place...".

He attempts a rewire to activate the chem showers in the stalls.

"I knew you were a pragmatist Doc. Any small to medium interstellar cargo couriers? Check their business reviews to see if they deliver on time."

Kei sees a man run up to the titanium door and begin to bang on it rapidly.

It doesn't take a lip reader to tell he is saying "LET ME IN!!"

"I knew you were a pragmatist Doc. Any small to medium interstellar cargo couriers? Check their business reviews to see if they deliver on time."

*clickety**clickety* "Here we go." Nathan says and shows the results to Kei.

The far trader fits Kei's requirements, small interstellar courier that makes decent times on average. Any late runs were typical jump errors.

• Advertisement

"That Far Trader will have to do" Kei looks at the man
    Fourier wrote: »
    Kei sees a man run up to the titanium door and begin to bang on it rapidly.

It doesn't take a lip reader to tell he is saying "LET ME IN!!"
    "Any way to tell if he's clean?"

The far trader fits Kei's requirements, small interstellar courier that makes decent times on average. Any late runs were typical jump errors.

Nathan points at the entry, leans over to Kei and whispers:
    "This is either the biggest case of corporate incompetence or the authorities have no interest in getting the situation under control. Be careful with the hiver. I don't trust him. Not sure we should leave him behind or follow his plan."

"Any way to tell if he's clean?"

OOC: Are there any sensors that can be used to scan in that area?

Mufasta'r spots a powerbox on the wall, his way currently obstructed he needs to either confront or distract.

"Lets see how they feel if we inject some chem up in this place...".

He attempts a rewire to activate the chem showers in the stalls.
    Mufasta'r rewires the box quite nicely, not overload to the lights or the other showers.

The chem showers activate and the smaller of the white beings begins to screech.

The larger one emits a deep bellow in response and swings into the shower room along the roof, purposefully avoiding Mufasta'r to reach the smaller one as fast as possible.

Mufasta'r's path is clear.

OOC: Are there any sensors that can be used to scan in that area?
    The cameras do not seem to be modifiable to conduct the fluorine spectrometer test required.

Mufasta'r rewires the box quite nicely, not overload to the lights or the other showers.

The chem showers activate and the smaller of the white beings begins to screech.

The larger one emits a deep bellow in response and swings into the shower room along the roof, purposefully avoiding Mufasta'r to reach the smaller one as fast as possible.

Mufasta'r's path is clear.

He moves quickly and quietly to get into the clear and way from the creatures.

He locks up behind him, in an effort to contain the threats and opens up comms to the party.

"Two abominations spotted, in the sanitary. Seemed to have nested. Good chance they had help getting in. Extreme caution advised.".

"Sprayed one with chem shower, seemed to not like it. Making my way back to you now...".

Mufasta'r makes his way back to his crewmates.

The cameras do not seem to be modifiable to conduct the fluorine spectrometer test required.

"Sorry Ms. Nijima, no sensor reads and I'm not sure that just checking for a bulge at the neck is sufficient."

If a medical scanner can be used to read through the door, he suggests this as an alternative.

Mufasta'r makes his way back to his crewmates.
    He rounds the corridor to the entry door, to see the five tall blade handed beasts and the serpent like one lying on the ground.

A man yelling at the door "I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO ENTER. YOU DON'T OWN THAT DAMN ROOM!!!" turns to see Mufasta'r approach.

"We're doomed man, the only Aslan I've ever seen and your doomed too, bad time to visit this planet"

OOC: Is this a normal door or sci-fi sliding door like Star Trek

OOC: Is this a normal door or sci-fi sliding door like Star Trek
    OOC: Like the Star Trek doors, but heavier and bulkier, despite being transparent. They slide up.

• Advertisement

OOC: Stopping there for tonight

He rounds the corridor to the entry door, to see the five tall blade handed beasts and the serpent like one lying on the ground.

A man yelling at the door "I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO ENTER. YOU DON'T OWN THAT DAMN ROOM!!!" turns to see Mufasta'r approach.

"We're doomed man, the only Aslan I've ever seen and your doomed too, bad time to visit this planet"

Mufasta'r turns the corner, to yet another mutation of these creatures, in front of him, on the floor, with a man screaming by the door.

He walks up to the man.

"Calm down... Your screaming will not improve our situation...".

"Who are you and what are you doing here?".

As he approaches he pulls out his rifle, holds it up and aimed at the man.

"Let me guess, samples?"

"I guess we have enough of those for now." he says looking at the earlier samples that are still pending analysis.

"Roland, do we know enough about the data stream structure to modify it without the receiver noticing? Maybe we can put a few spelling errors into their How to take over humanoid species 101."

"I guess we have enough of those for now." he says looking at the earlier samples that are still pending analysis.

"Roland, do we know enough about the data stream structure to modify it without the receiver noticing? Maybe we can put a few spelling errors into their How to take over humanoid species 101."
    "It probably could be done Dr. Cole, though ethical protocols would prevent me from doing for you"

"Who are you and what are you doing here?".

As he approaches he pulls out his rifle, holds it up and aimed at the man.
    The man, with little fear, pulls out a magnum pistol from his belt.

"Back down lion, I will fire, put your gun down NOW!!"

OOC: Is there an intercom between both sides of the door?

OOC: Is there an intercom between both sides of the door?
    OOC: No, purposefully, the Lab is originally high security

Kei grabs one of the portable medical scanners and goes back to the door and then calls Mufasta'r on the commdot. "I'll open the door and slide out this scanner. If he's clean we can let him in, if not... make it quick."

The man, with little fear, pulls out a magnum pistol from his belt.

"Back down lion, I will fire, put your gun down NOW!!"

"This 'LION' does not trust you, a new face under current circumstances...".

"If you are here, without ill intent, I will withdraw my weapon...".

Mufasta'r extracts his dewpaw blade, as a show of force and to deter the man further.

"One wrong move though, shoot me if you will... but I will slice you up and feed you to whatever is crawling around here..."

• Advertisement

Kei grabs one of the portable medical scanners and goes back to the door and then calls Mufasta'r on the commdot. "I'll open the door and slide out this scanner. If he's clean we can let him in, if not... make it quick."

Mufasta'r nods at Kei's suggestion.

"It'd be smart, to provide an all clear, where possible." he thinks to himself.

Advertisement