Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Incident Zero

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

Evade wrote: »
    "Hmm 20G is tolerable for about 10 seconds if you lie on your back but I don't think you'll be able to do much work like that, maybe a bit of typing... maybe. If we could half that you'd get about a minute lying down. We'll have to get to the artificial gravity generator f..." Kei says mostly to herself then she says to Dr Cole "Is there a way to get at this from below and turn off the artificial gravity altogether?"

"Let's see..." Nathan studies the schematics.
    OOC: Is there? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

"I'm decent with computers and might last longer than average but I'm not sure how much work I could do under that amount of force" Kei looks Mufasta'r up and down "You look like you might be better equipped to move but how are you with computers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Nimroth wrote: »
    OOC: can the ambulance bot carry someone and come back under the conditions or would we have to use it to secure whoever goes there?
    The ambulance bot's schematics come up on screen, it can seat up to four people internally and inertial absorbers can counteract the gravity to some degree.

The datapad shows that Roland could be approached from beneath, though one would pass very close to Neutronium research to do so.

The artificial gravity generator sitting is also close to Neutronium research, but it has the ability to dampen even extreme gravity locally. Within five meters of it gravity would be normal.

It could be overloaded to create a pull that counters that of the Neutronium sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

"I'm decent with computers and might last longer than average but I'm not sure how much work I could do under that amount of force" Kei looks Mufasta'r up and down "You look like you might be better equipped to move but how are you with computers?

"I follow instructions well... though most likely am not as good with a computer as you might be...".

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    The datapad shows that Roland could be approached from beneath, though one would pass very close to Neutronium research to do so.

The artificial gravity generator sitting is also close to Neutronium research, but it has the ability to dampen even extreme gravity locally. Within five meters of it gravity would be normal.

It could be overloaded to create a pull that counters that of the Neutronium sample.
    Nathan shows the schematics to Kei and orders the ambulance bot to come to them.

The ambulance bot arrives within a few minutes. Up close it is quite frightening, looking like some sort of bizarre insectoid war droid.

"Greetings Dr. Cole, may I be of assistance"

Nathan shows the schematics to Kei and orders the ambulance bot to come to them.
    "Hmm, it won't last long but it should be long enough. If we both go I can tweak the gravity dampers as we get closer and use a few old Navy to to, as the old saying goes, turn it all the way up and break the dial off while you do your thing. Oh, and you'll feel like your eyes are about to pop out of your head, try to ignore that."

OOC: In case it is unclear, I'm assuming there is still a small conversation to be had over exactly who gets into the bot, based on nobody saying e.g. 'Yes, I agree let's go' or similar, if I'm wrong just let me know

"Hmm, it won't last long but it should be long enough. If we both go I can tweak the gravity dampers as we get closer and use a few old Navy to to, as the old saying goes, turn it all the way up and break the dial off while you do your thing. Oh, and you'll feel like your eyes are about to pop out of your head, try to ignore that."

"Sounds like a plan. You two have the best chance of getting this done, so I'll stay here and try to see what I can do to make sure we don't get any nasty surprises."

Nathan transfers the bot's command codes to Kei and Mufasta'r. He then starts to set up the scanners in the surrounding area to give him proximity readings. "Let's see how many of those bastards are left and what they're up to. The gravitation surely isn't only a problem for us."

• Advertisement

OOC: Kei was talking to Dr. Cole in my previous post.

OOC: Kei was talking to Dr. Cole in my previous post.

OOC: Oh, I interpreted the "we both" as Kei and Musfata'r, and so did Dr. Cole I'd guess :)

"OK, Doc" Kei said slightly puzzled. "You up to it Musfata'r?"

OOC: I wont be around tonight as usual.

OOC: I'll give Nebelwefer one more day, then I'll assume control and have him hop in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Lena flexes an impressive bicep and nods emphatically. It's not clear at what.
    (Ooc : in your face nebelwerfer!)

"OK, Doc" Kei said slightly puzzled. "You up to it Musfata'r?"

OOC: I wont be around tonight as usual.
    Mufasta'r nods and jumps into the ambulance bot. The bot has ceded driving controls to Kei.

Fourier wrote: »
    Mufasta'r nods and jumps into the ambulance bot. The bot has ceded driving controls to Kei.
    Kei gets a feel for the controls and heads towards their target after a minute or two constantly adjusting the gravity dampers as they go to maximise their effect against the neutronium's pull.

"Mufasta'r, let me know if your tongue starts to feel itchy, that's the first sign of severe..." Kei lets that hang as she looks intently at the readouts trying to keep a straight face.

Advertisement