Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Incident Zero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Nimroth wrote: »
    He takes the updated medical scanner and repeats the scan for all present.
    Fulchz is clean and Spachens, who returns shortly after Nathan finishes the results is also clean. Mant, who returns with Spachens, seems impressed by Nathan's work.

"Impressive, the only thing I was able to determine is that whatever this is has a chance of infecting me as well, our biochemistry is close enough to permit this...regardless, we convinced colonial authority to turn away ships in orbit."

Evade wrote: »
    Kei boards on the tram. Kei tries to grab some sobering sleep on the tram. Just as she nods off she realises "He saluted"
    Half way along the journey, the train comes to an abrupt halt over a mesa. Emergency systems on the train seal the doors.

"Passengers, the doors have been sealed to lower the chance of the outside atmosphere entering. This is an automated message"

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

Fourier wrote: »
    Fulchz is clean and Spachens, who returns shortly after Nathan finishes the results is also clean. Mant, who returns with Spachens, seems impressed by Nathan's work.

"Impressive, the only thing I was able to determine is that whatever this is has a chance of infecting me as well, our biochemistry is close enough to permit this...regardless, we convinced colonial authority to turn away ships in orbit."

"Thank you Doctor. I just had the fortunate advantage of a fresh perspective."

"What is the non-humanoid population of the colony?" he asks while stepping over to the tank studying it for a moment, rubbing his chin and adds "....and have you thought about removing the organ surgically or at least perform a biopsy to obtain a sample?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Half way along the journey, the train comes to an abrupt halt over a mesa. Emergency systems on the train seal the doors.

"Passengers, the doors have been sealed to lower the chance of the outside atmosphere entering. This is an automated message"
    Kei looks around for any sign as to why the train has stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

"Jack, pleasure meeting you Mufasta'r...if I am pronouncing that right (OOC: He's close enough), never seen an Aslan here, nor in the nearest three solar systems, your Empire is very far away, must have taken you a year to get out here."

Mufasta'r shakes Jacks hand and responds.

"Travelling... for more than a year. But yes... the farther out i go, the less of my kin i see."

"Looking for some exotic tech, any chance you can point us... in the right direction, or be our guide trough this district?". He asks.

• Advertisement

"Thank you Doctor. I just had the fortunate advantage of a fresh perspective."

"What is the non-humanoid population of the colony?" he asks while stepping over to the tank studying it for a moment, rubbing his chin and adds "....and have you thought about removing the organ surgically or at least perform a biopsy to obtain a sample?"
    Mant ambulates after him in that strange dance-walk that Hivers do.

"Non-humanoid consists of me alone, every other person on the colony is from some branch of Humanity.

I argued for organ removal or a biopsy, but the others feared time was too short for the patient."

Kei looks around for any sign as to why the train has stopped.
    Looking around Kei sees she is the only passenger on this carriage. The train's AI picks up on her motion.

"There seems to be a medical issue in the forward carriage, please remain calm"

"Looking for some exotic tech, any chance you can point us... in the right direction, or be our guide trough this district?". He asks.
    He leans in closely.

"When you say exotic, you talkin' about implants that might be hard to come by elsewhere....or weapons of a certain high caliber variety?"

Banjo wrote: »
    Standing up on a convenient wall, Lena barks
    "Fellow commuters! Listen up! We have a situation - the gentleman on the train has had a heart attack. It is not - hey! Keep it down! - it is not uncommon in these situations for you to feel sympathetic symptoms, brought on by claustrophobia and fear - this is ok! This is normal! It's called Bissells syndrome.
    What I need y'all to do is separate out by worst symptom- I need laboured breathing here! I need nausea here! I need blurred vision here! Headache? Right here. Chest pains? Down front. If you're fine, help move the others. Hey! I didn't say go home, I said help!
    Breathe slow and easy, relax, help is on the way, most all of us will be good to go fore they get here."
    The other passengers regard Lena cautiously as one of the officers announces loudly.

"This woman is not with colonial authority, just remain calm"

Kei check the carriage door to see if it's locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The other passengers regard Lena cautiously as one of the officers announces loudly.

"This woman is not with colonial authority, just remain calm"

"Fine, **** ya so, let em riot."

Lena hefts her bag and returns to the bar.

"Hey slim! How's the head? Seems to be catching. Set me up with some synthpiss when you're ready."

Kei check the carriage door to see if it's locked.
    Door is sealed. Suddenly a red light comes in her carriage and Kei hears what sounds like gunshots and then something heavy slam against the door of her carriage.

Luckily the door holds.

"Fine, **** ya so, let em riot."

Lena hefts her bag and returns to the bar.

"Hey slim! How's the head? Seems to be catching. Set me up with some synthpiss when you're ready."
    The bar tender is gone, the rest of the patrons sit worried looking at the news.

Mant ambulates after him in that strange dance-walk that Hivers do.

"Non-humanoid consists of me alone, every other person on the colony is from some branch of Humanity.

I argued for organ removal or a biopsy, but the others feared time was too short for the patient."

"I would agree that the danger for the patient is substantial. On the one hand you can't keep him in stasis forever. The only question here is how pressing is the matter. If we continue with just a handful of cases the risk for the patient by rushing a procedure would be too high. On the other hand if the infection spreads this might be our best chance for a treatment and we'd have to consider the well being of others, too."

"Now that we seem to have a method to detect the infection travel restrictions could probably lowered again to enable unaffected colonists free movement."

Door is sealed. Suddenly a red light comes in her carriage and Kei hears what sounds like gunshots and then something heavy slam against the door of her carriage.

Luckily the door holds.
    Kei draws her weapon and takes cover behind a seat a few metres away from the door.

"I would agree that the danger for the patient is substantial. On the one hand you can't keep him in stasis forever. The only question here is how pressing is the matter. If we continue with just a handful of cases the risk for the patient by rushing a procedure would be too high. On the other hand if the infection spreads this might be our best chance for a treatment and we'd have to consider the well being of others, too."

"Now that we seem to have a method to detect the infection travel restrictions could probably lowered again to enable unaffected colonists free movement."
    Mant turns to Spachens and Fulchz.

"Dr. Cole makes similar points to both myself and yourselves, why not speed up time only a bit, enough to permit extraction and then grind it to a halt again. When considered [Untranslatable]"

Mant pauses confused and heads to a computer to code something up.

Spachens turns to Nathan while eyeing Mant.

"Some nuance for a type of reasoning we lack, this has come up before....Colonial Authority will probably lift the travel restriction once we tell them of your test...I hope...they can be irrational. The restriction will have to last at least two hours though, standard procedure.

We can use the time to get scanners with your test to the port authorities. Nobody gets out without a successful scan."

The bar tender is gone, the rest of the patrons sit worried looking at the news.

Lena goes behind the bar, pours herself a shot of the good stuff,.marks it on a barmat and asks "what did i miss?"

Kei draws her weapon and takes cover behind a seat a few metres away from the door.
    The train AI speaks once more, this time quietly.

"My cameras in the tram have been shot out, I know not why. I believe it best to detach your carriage to save you..." there is another bang on the door "...however that will leave you stranded, the carriage lacks power to move on its own.

I cannot take this action without your consent, do you agree?"

"What did your cameras see before they went offline?"

"What did your cameras see before they went offline?"
    "A passenger, facial recognition identifies him as Kalos Tassakos, a miner, no previous convictions, simply stood up and shot out my cameras with a high caliber slug pistol.

The two other passengers in the carriage didn't react to this, which is odd."

• Advertisement

Mant turns to Spachens and Fulchz.

"Dr. Cole makes similar points to both myself and yourselves, why not speed up time only a bit, enough to permit extraction and then grind it to a halt again. When considered [Untranslatable]"

Mant pauses confused and heads to a computer to code something up.

Spachens turns to Nathan while eyeing Mant.

"Some nuance for a type of reasoning we lack, this has come up before....Colonial Authority will probably lift the travel restriction once we tell them of your test...I hope...they can be irrational. The restriction will have to last at least two hours though, standard procedure.

We can use the time to get scanners with your test to the port authorities. Nobody gets out without a successful scan."

"Seems like we have to wait and see how the new test does in the field and if there's reason for concern."

OOC: Holding responses there

"Child or digger? Either way don't detach the car." Kei trains her magrail pistol at the door ready to fire on anyone who comes through

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

He leans in closely.

"When you say exotic, you talkin' about implants that might be hard to come by elsewhere....or weapons of a certain high caliber variety?"

"Open to.both.." Mufasta'r responds.

He leans in closer.

"Stationed here for only a few hours... If its implants you'd recommend, they would require... quick fitting".

He smiles at the cyborg.

Lena goes behind the bar, pours herself a shot of the good stuff,.marks it on a barmat and asks "what did i miss?"
    One of the patrons speak without turning around.

"They're turning ships away from Sargon"

"Child or digger? Either way don't detach the car." Kei trains her magrail pistol at the door ready to fire on anyone who comes through
    "A digger. Complying with directive."

The AI's response is followed by another sharp bang against the door. Then Kei hears a strange sound in the roof.

"Seems like we have to wait and see how the new test does in the field and if there's reason for concern."
    "Seems like..." Spachens begins, before red lighting overtakes the room. Roland speaks in a tone that sounds worried.

"Momentary power cut to this room Dr. Spachens, somebody attempted to disrupt power in the G-wing. Backup power feeding tank now."

"What? Sabotage?" Mant's translation box says blandly, though the Hiver himself is gesticulating wildly.

"Open to.both.." Mufasta'r responds.

He leans in closer.

"Stationed here for only a few hours... If its implants you'd recommend, they would require... quick fitting".

He smiles at the cyborg.
    The cyborg smiles.

"I think I might know the place, follow me if you want. Cheap and risky, but if all goes well, as good as the expensive stuff."

He walks out of the bar.

One of the patrons speak without turning around.

"They're turning ships away from Sargon"

"The ****? Problems with the port?"

Somewhere in her jar of a head, cogs begin to turn.
    Weird health issues impacting public services... Jumpy gov types... and what now, Quarantine...?

If she has a commlink for calling back to the ship, contact the captain and ask for an update - maybe a quick evac.

"Say, where did the barman go with that headache of his? How the rest of you feeling?"

• Advertisement

"Crap. I've always hated in atmosphere fights. No high-ground to worry about in space." Kei shoots a window and tries to look out on the roof of the tram.

Advertisement