Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Incident Zero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    "The ****? Problems with the port?"

Somewhere in her jar of a head, cogs begin to turn.
    Weird health issues impacting public services... Jumpy gov types... and what now, Quarantine...?

If she has a commlink for calling back to the ship, contact the captain and ask for an update - maybe a quick evac.

"Say, where did the barman go with that headache of his? How the rest of you feeling?"
    The comms respond with about a three second delay.

"We're just on our way over to Guardian, just started the journey, can't evac you know...I know it must be mighty boring down there" he laughs before signing off.

"He went to medical, man it looked pretty bad, like there was a swelling in the base of his neck. I've got a headache too, just overwork in my case, the mines can be rough"

Evade wrote: »
    "Crap. I've always hated in atmosphere fights. No high-ground to worry about in space." Kei shoots a window and tries to look out on the roof of the tram.
    Looking out the train window, Kei can see a man in a sealed environment suit, holding a shotgun, advancing toward the cabin (OOC: away from Kei's carraige).

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Fourier wrote: »
    The cyborg smiles.

"I think I might know the place, follow me if you want. Cheap and risky, but if all goes well, as good as the expensive stuff."

He walks out of the bar.

Mufasta'r follows.

Mufasta'r follows.
    They arrive in a small shop filled wall to wall with electronics and prosthetics. the proprietor is not even recognizable as human, large cybernetics cover most of his face, his body is covered in a shawl, but the chest is far larger than reasonable for a human, with blue lights visible beneath the shawl.

"X21, a possible customer"

A light shines from the cyborgs left eye.

"Aslan, one of the older breeds....what are you looking for?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Looking out the train window, Kei can see a man in a sealed environment suit, holding a shotgun, advancing toward the cabin (OOC: away from Kei's carraige).
    OOC: Along the train is it me-banging door-vac suit shotgunner or banging door-me-vac suit shotgunner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

"Seems like..." Spachens begins, before red lighting overtakes the room. Roland speaks in a tone that sounds worried.

"Momentary power cut to this room Dr. Spachens, somebody attempted to disrupt power in the G-wing. Backup power feeding tank now."

"What? Sabotage?" Mant's translation box says blandly, though the Hiver himself is gesticulating wildly.

Nathan, startled by the alarm, looks around trying to gauge the severity of the situation by the others reactions.
    "How long will the backup power last? And who would want to sabotage a medical lab? Is there something else of value on the same sub-grid?"

He checks the medical notification list he set up earlier for messages.

OOC: Along the train is it me-banging door-vac suit shotgunner or banging door-me-vac suit shotgunner?
    OOC: The former

They arrive in a small shop filled wall to wall with electronics and prosthetics. the proprietor is not even recognizable as human, large cybernetics cover most of his face, his body is covered in a shawl, but the chest is far larger than reasonable for a human, with blue lights visible beneath the shawl.

"X21, a possible customer"

A light shines from the cyborgs left eye.

"Aslan, one of the older breeds....what are you looking for?"

Mufasta'r gets a grin on his face.

"Old breed... indeed..."

"Anything to give me an edge, upgrading this... old breed... to new breed".

Nimroth wrote: »
    Nathan, startled by the alarm, looks around trying to gauge the severity of the situation by the others reactions.
    "How long will the backup power last? And who would want to sabotage a medical lab? Is there something else of value on the same sub-grid?"

He checks the medical notification list he set up earlier for messages.
    "Back up power is a small fusion generators, weeks of power, so we're safe in that regard" Fulchz replies "But, no there's nothing on the same subgrid, I mean we only treat people in medical, nothing you'd want to steal, even Roland is fairly common form of hub AI that Naasirka (OOC: A megacorporation) sells."

No messages on the list.

"Not surrounded" Kei takes cover aiming at the door again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The comms respond with about a three second delay.

"We're just on our way over to Guardian, just started the journey, can't evac you know...I know it must be mighty boring down there" he laughs before signing off.

"He went to medical, man it looked pretty bad, like there was a swelling in the base of his neck. I've got a headache too, just overwork in my case, the mines can be rough"

"That sounds pretty gross. Glad he's getting help though. So hey... Are you all miners?

'cause look - out on the tram, there was a guy collapsed. Then another guy with a headache collapsed. And there were other people with headaches. And now they're turning ships away. Something's going on, and if headache is the early stage you might want to catch it now before it develops.

I've worked quarantine detail, same thing always happens, people tell themselves it's not happening to them, sit on the symptoms till their skin is peeling off or theyre ****ting out blood and lung and it's too late to do anything about it.

Early detection means intervention.
    Late detection means termination.

Or, you know, we could watch TV and see how it goes"

Or, you know, we could watch TV and see how it goes"
    The patrons look at each other and quickly stand and head for medical.

"Not surrounded" Kei takes cover aiming at the door again
    The door explodes open from a Thermal charge.

OOC: Rolz for fight, you go first.

The patrons look at each other and quickly stand and head for medical.

Lena bars the door behind them.

Ooc : do I have the means to communicate with the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

"Back up power is a small fusion generators, weeks of power, so we're safe in that regard" Fulchz replies "But, no there's nothing on the same subgrid, I mean we only treat people in medical, nothing you'd want to steal, even Roland is fairly common form of hub AI that Naasirka (OOC: A megacorporation) sells."

No messages on the list.

Nathan checks if any of his fellow passengers have checked in to the local comdot hub or registered any other means of communication.

He looks around the room for a medical kit with a hyposopray, sedative or anything that could be used in a confrontation in case the act of sabotage was really aimed at medical and will continue.

Lena bars the door behind them.

Ooc : do I have the means to communicate with the group.
    Lena's commdot receives the commdot certificates for the rest of the group from the Stella Gris.

The door explodes open from a Thermal charge.

OOC: Rolz for fight, you go first.
    Through the smoke a tall figure with a respirator on their face rushes through with a laser rifle. Kei's shot goes off as soon as they clear the smoke, blowing through their side.

The figure, now clearly a middle aged woman, dives to her right firing the rifle, however the impact from her landing causes the shot to explode in the barrel burning her hand.

Kei's second shot connects with her head, which explodes into a shower of blue tainted viscera.

Mufasta'r gets a grin on his face.

"Old breed... indeed..."

"Anything to give me an edge, upgrading this... old breed... to new breed".
    "Possibly...poison for those fangs? I could fit much more in than is possible with a human."

Nimroth wrote: »
    Nathan checks if any of his fellow passengers have checked in to the local comdot hub or registered any other means of communication.

He looks around the room for a medical kit with a hyposopray, sedative or anything that could be used in a confrontation in case the act of sabotage was really aimed at medical and will continue.
    The other passengers of the Stella Gris's commdot certificates are uploaded to his own on his command.

There is a wide selection of sedatives in the room.

Then the lights dim once more, before coming back on.

Mant flails wildly.

"This is outrageous!"

Lena's commdot receives the commdot certificates for the rest of the group from the Stella Gris.

"Lena to group. Something messed up going on. The beer on this planet is ****. Also, I just had a bar full of miners run off to Medical with headaches and / or swellings at the base of their skills. Ship has vamoosed, TV says the planet is in lockdown. So.. how you guys getting on?"

• Advertisement

Mufasta'r belts out laughter, but clearly not impressed with the offer of the cyborg.

"I was hoping... for something that would not, require me to physically sink my teeth... in someone. If I bite, I do not intend for a slow release."

"Any nano technology, bio plugs, crosslink interface devices... Or... perhaps Ancient technologies, something... that packs a kick, or saves me from one?"

Kei hears the words drilled into her by her SERE instructor, George Ian Joseph, knowing is half the battle.

Kei checks the other car for any more hostiles and if it's clear checks the body for any intel.

Mufasta'r belts out laughter, but clearly not impressed with the offer of the cyborg.

"I was hoping... for something that would not, require me to physically sink my teeth... in someone. If I bite, I do not intend for a slow release."

"Any nano technology, bio plugs, crosslink interface devices... Or... perhaps Ancient technologies, something... that packs a kick, or saves me from one?"
    "Ah, an Aslan after my own heart, there is of course this..."

He retrieves a ball, vibrating so rapidly it blurs in his hand.

"It contains brain tissue cloned from a powerful psyker. I plant it at the top of your spine. Five uses of local teleportation. Greater distance, greater the risk. Limit would be all the way to Guardian."

Mufasta'r slams both his hands on the counter, a grin from ear to ear.

"Excellent... my friend.... This is magnificent"...

He inspects the ball.

"Any... known side effects" he asks.

"And... before we do this... how much will I need to dip into my pension for...?"

"Any... known side effects" he asks.

"And... before we do this... how much will I need to dip into my pension for...?"
    "It's 8,000Cr. Expensive, but the tech has a severe supply issue.

Side effects...don't teleport too far up or down or change latitude much, your body's energy and momentum are conserved in the jump...it can get messy."

"I'll give you 9,000Cr, if you make sure to take extra care..."

Mufasta'r extends his hand in an attempt to complete the trade.

"I'll give you 9,000Cr, if you make sure to take extra care..."

Mufasta'r extends his hand in an attempt to complete the trade.
    "Hmmm...not as cheap as the others on this world..." he takes the cash.

"Lie down here please" he raises his robe in the direction of a stretcher.

Mufasta'r hears his comms activate and the message which follows from his fellow passenger.

"Beer was great... over where we're at...".

"No observations made, like you're describing... In the Teleran distric."

He looks at his companion as he responds to Lena.

"Best you find out, how to regroup, quickest... after this is done".

"Better safe... than sorry..." he says Golpspirot as he gives her a big thumbs up.

266x200bb.jpeg

Kei hears the words drilled into her by her SERE instructor, George Ian Joseph, knowing is half the battle.

Kei checks the other car for any more hostiles and if it's clear checks the body for any intel.
    The other car is empty. Pieces of the cameras that had been shot earlier lie on the floor.

The woman was dressed in administrative office gear, but far more obvious is the white-blue fluid leaking from the base of what remains of her neck.

• Advertisement

"Hmmm...not as cheap as the others on this world..." he takes the cash.

"Lie down here please" he raises his robe in the direction of a stretcher.

"Service is something worth paying for... when paid for, something worth delivering... Dont break the cycle... I think."

Mufasta'r follows the cyborg's instructions.

Advertisement