Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Incident Zero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

OOC: Was she human?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: Was she human?
    From the remains of the body the woman appeared to be a baseline human of either Terran or Vilani stock.

"Service is something worth paying for... when paid for, something worth delivering... Dont break the cycle... I think."

Mufasta'r follows the cyborg's instructions.
    "There might be some momentary discomfort" he says before a sharp pain fills Mufasta'r's mind and his vision goes black.

OOC: Holding thread there

Kei picks up her communicator and chimes in on the group call.

"Slight hiccup here. My train's stalled and I was attacked by someone, a human, but I don't think I was the primary target. Weird thing is she's got this blue white stuff oozing out of her neck."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Nimroth

Fourier wrote: »
    The other passengers of the Stella Gris's commdot certificates are uploaded to his own on his command.

There is a wide selection of sedatives in the room.

Then the lights dim once more, before coming back on.

Mant flails wildly.

"This is outrageous!"

"Outrageous and highly unusual."
    Banjo wrote: »
    "Lena to group. Something messed up going on. The beer on this planet is ****. Also, I just had a bar full of miners run off to Medical with headaches and / or swellings at the base of their skills. Ship has vamoosed, TV says the planet is in lockdown. So.. how you guys getting on?"

Nathan raises his index finger to his comdot and listens carefully.

"Miss Jaarg, Miss Nijima, Mr. Hoasoslow, this is Dr. Cole. I am at the scientific counsel and it'd be fair to say, we have a situation. The colony is under quarantine. Where are you?".

He turns towards Mant and Spachens.
    "Doctors, I believe we have a situation."

He relays Lena's report to the scientists. "I'm afraid we don't have to wait for any further test results at this stage. Would you allow me to redirect them here, given they can't be evacuated under current restrictions?"

He walks across the room to collect a hypospray injector pistol and stuffs a hand full of capsules containing the fastest acting sedatives he can find into his pocket. He advises the other doctors to do the same.

Nimroth wrote: »
    He walks across the room to collect a hypospray injector pistol and stuffs a hand full of capsules containing the fastest acting sedatives he can find into his pocket. He advises the other doctors to do the same.
    Just as Mant is loading up his hypospray pistol, the lights are cut. Though the computers remain on. Roland speaks.

"Hotloading code, five minutes"

"What code?" Nathan hears Spachens shout nervously.

He relays Lena's report to the scientists. "I'm afraid we don't have to wait for any further test results at this stage. Would you allow me to redirect them here, given they can't be evacuated under current restrictions?"
    "Slight hiccup here. My train's stalled and I was attacked by someone, a human, but I don't think I was the primary target. Weird thing is she's got this blue white stuff oozing out of her neck."

Nathan adds this to his report to Mant and Spachens.
    He activates his comdot:
    "Miss Nijima, this is Cole. What's your status, are you hurt?"
    Just as Mant is loading up his hypospray pistol, the lights are cut. Though the computers remain on. Roland speaks.

"Hotloading code, five minutes"

"What code?" Nathan hears Spachens shout nervously.

"Ohoh..."

Nathan waits a moment for replies on his comdot, activating the light on his datapad as temporary flashlight.

Mant turns to Nathan.

"Violence on the trains...and from the description connected to the infection...Spachens we need to lockdown medical and run a trace on who might be hacking the system."

"Cole how are you on computers?" Spachens inquires.

"There might be some momentary discomfort" he says before a sharp pain fills Mufasta'r's mind and his vision goes black.
    Mufasta'r wakes to a shop with its front entrance collapsed. Golpspirot is out cold and small fire burns from the destroyed computer at the till.

Neither cyborg is anywhere to be found.

• Advertisement

Mant turns to Nathan.

"Violence on the trains...and from the description connected to the infection...Spachens we need to lockdown medical and run a trace on who might be hacking the system."

"Cole how are you on computers?" Spachens inquires.

"I know my way around a system. All I need is clearance."

He activates his comdot:
    "Miss Nijima, this is Cole. What's your status, are you hurt?"
    "No injuries here, yet"

Kei moves into the next car and checks if the far door is locked too. If it is she'll try to climb out on the roof.

"I know my way around a system. All I need is clearance."
    Fulchz and Spachens look at each other.

"Legally we shouldn't...but the circumstances..."

Mant interrupts them.

"Cole, here are the access codes, do what you can"

"No injuries here, yet"

Kei moves into the next car and checks if the far door is locked too. If it is she'll try to climb out on the roof.
    The door is not locked, but as she budges the handle, shotgun flechettes impact the door frame, though not strong enough to rip through and harm her.

"Again!?" Kei takes cover in a similar position to last time and takes aim at the door.

"Again!?" Kei takes cover in a similar position to last time and takes aim at the door.
    The person on the other side shouts out to Kei in some bizarre guttural language.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Mufasta'r wakes to a shop with its front entrance collapsed. Golpspirot is out cold and small fire burns from the destroyed computer at the till.

Neither cyborg is anywhere to be found.

Mufasta'r jumps to Golpspirot aid and attempte to wake her.

He looks around for any signs of what happened while he was out cold. He checks to see whether the implant had been injected after all.

The person on the other side shouts out to Kei in some bizarre guttural language.

"WHAT?"

"WHAT?"
    A miner enters the room with his hands held up high and with no weapon.

Strange white fluid leaks from his ears.

He speaks in the guttural language once more, before a clearer phrase comes through.

"Shoot...me..."

Mufasta'r jumps to Golpspirot aid and attempte to wake her.

He looks around for any signs of what happened while he was out cold. He checks to see whether the implant had been injected after all.
    There is a lump he can feel at the base of his neck.

Golpspirot wakes slowly.

"Mufasta'r, you...you're okay?"

• Advertisement

OOC: Are the space phones like modern phones with video and picture taking functions?

"Yes, girl..."

"Are... you? What... happened?" He asks.

"No injuries here, yet"

"Glad to hear. I'll see how I can assist from here."

He changes the comdot channel to the whole group.

"Miss Jaarg, Miss Nijima has anyone heard of Mr. Hoasoslow? Can you make your way to the scientific council lab facilities or do you need assistance?"
    "Legally we shouldn't...but the circumstances..."

Mant interrupts them.

"Cole, here are the access codes, do what you can"

Nathan nods, adds the access codes to his datapad profile and starts the holographic interface.
    Lying on the desk, the datapad starts to project different displays into the air above their heads which Nathan seems to manipulate simultaneously.

"Let's see..."
    He establishes a link to the security camera feeds of the surrounding building and the source of the first outage followed by a report on defensive capabilities of the colony and the lab in particular and the status of drones or unmanned vehicles in the colony, including the train with Ms. Nijima on board and also any craft capable of flight.

"The computer said something about hot-loading code...Let's see what this is about."

OOC: Are the space phones like modern phones with video and picture taking functions?
    OOC: Yep

"Yes, girl..."

"Are... you? What... happened?" He asks.
    "Your operation was finishing up when somebody just burst in and fired a grenade launcher. Guy was half mad shouting some nonsense"

Banjo wrote: »
    Lena bars the door behind them.

Ooc : do I have the means to communicate with the group.
    A knock is heard on the doors to the bar.

OOC: Holding thread there

"Did you get hurt... in the attack?" He asks.

"Best to get in contact with the rest of our crewmates" Mufasta'r thinks to himself.

He enables his comms.

"Shop was under fire... grenade launcher... attack seemer unprovoked... no sign of local authorities..." he says, broadcastjng to.his crewmates.

"Any news or plans for regroup? Here with Golpspirot".

Kei pulls out her communicator and takes some video of the miner making sure to catch his plea for death before obliging him. Then she takes some photos of the oddities on his corpse.

Kei then opens a private call to Doctor Cole. "Fair warning, this is pretty graphic but here's the situation where I am" and she forwards him the video and pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A knock is heard on the doors to the bar.

Lena ignores it, the door is barred and blockaded by furniture, the lights and TV are off, and she has an assault rifle. Between what she saw on the TV earlier and what she's hearing over her comm-dot, it's clear that this planet is going to ****. She finishes cleaning the bar with whatever disinfectants she could find - the civservs didn't seem to think there was a contagion risk but they seemed pretty clueless all told, and besides a little cleanliness never hurt anyone. Except Howard Hughes. All bars have rubber gloves - she's wearing them. If there's a facemask, great - otherwise improv using coffee filters. If the knocking intensifies or escalates she'll retreat upstairs (if there are stairs, else into a corner behind overturned tables) where she has whatever food and bottled non-alcoholic beverages she could find stashed, along with her bags, and sit with her gun trained on the top of the stairs.

Advertisement