Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pentax K-1 Mark II & Upgrade

• 21-05-2018 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen anything on boards about this yet, and it's possible all the Pentaxians here are also on PentaxForums... but I think it's worth mentioning.

The Pentax K-1 Mark II is out now, and can be purchased from several UK outlets. (SRS Microsystems and Jessops for starters.) I didn't find it at any Irish retailers, but I'm not surprised since the orginal K-1 digital full-frame wasn't available from any of them either.

The upgrade offer is neat... you can post in your Pentax K-1 body, for £450, to Johnson's Photopia, they will have DPD courier it to them at no extra cost! (I just found this out today.) They take out the main logic board and replace it with a K-1 Mark II logic board, and it upgrades the K-1 Mark I, to be functionally the same as a K-1 Mark II.

Official information form Ricoh here:
    https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.uk/en/pentax-k-1-upgrade-service.html

Advertisement