Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

faint clicking sound from front sprocket area when pushing motorcycle

Options
  • 21-05-2018 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

I have a 1997 Suzuki XF650, and I recently noticed a faint clicking sound from front sprocket area when pushing motorcycle around the workshop, the bike is low miles and the chain and sprockets are in tip top condition.. any ideas?.. is this a normal sound?.. never really noticed before

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sounds normal, but lube the chain anyhow and check for wear on the sprockets and possibly a tight spot on the chain, although that usually shows as a click coming off the rear sprocket.

We're just coming out of the winter, and that can play havoc on chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

CamperMan wrote: »
    I have a 1997 Suzuki XF650, and I recently noticed a faint clicking sound from front sprocket area when pushing motorcycle around the workshop, the bike is low miles and the chain and sprockets are in tip top condition.. any ideas?.. is this a normal sound?.. never really noticed before

Thanks

How do you know they are in too top condition? When we're they last replaced??
    Sounds normal tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Front sprocket will hook before the back sprocket, I usually change 2-3 fronts for one back.
    Big singles are hard on C+S due to the power pulses.

Advertisement