Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 5 - Bad Tenants, Rogue Landlords.

Options
  • 21-05-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

This is like a Public Service Announcement for wannabe landlords. I love trash TV but this is a must watch. Keep in mind in England and Wales it's easier to evict than in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jaysus. After watching that, I would advise anyone planning to stay away from their house to have someone pop in every week or so, to ensure no scum break in!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

This is like a Public Service Announcement for wannabe landlords. I love trash TV but this is a must watch. Keep in mind in England and Wales it's easier to evict than in Ireland.

As a property professional, I do find some of those 'cant pay, we take it away' type shows to be some what soothing.

And thats even when I disagree with them in principal as I believe they pander to our basest instincts of superiority.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Knights in shining hi-vis the enforcement folk are! Love the programme

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Great show.would love to see irish equivalant. The country is full of sumbags would be some great viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Great show.would love to see irish equivalant. The country is full of sumbags would be some great viewing
    "...and this is Paddy the landlord trying to evict Mary the tenant who has stopped paying rent 2 years ago, and Paddy has not being able to get rid of her..."

Nope. I'd say the Irish version would be even more dismal watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

With the current anti-landlord climate in Ireland a program like this would never be aired because it would break the media, govvie, lefties story that tenants need more protection.
    BTW the whole series are on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

the_syco wrote: »
    Great show.would love to see irish equivalant. The country  is full of sumbags  would be some great viewing
    "...and this is Paddy the landlord trying to evict Mary the tenant who has stopped paying rent 2 years ago, and Paddy has not being able to get rid of her..."

Nope. I'd say the Irish version would be even more dismal watching.
    it would show the reality of been a landlord...

Advertisement