Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2018 stage 16: Trento – Rovereto 34.2 km ITT

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What a ride by Ronan Dennis

Tom is third fastest at second time check.
    He's not going to win the stage anyway

Yates is 48 seconds down on Dumoulin at second time check.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Pozzovivo has the most arkward pedal stroke. Knees at crazy angles, horrible to watch. Yeats holds pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Dumoulin never seemed happy on the bike. A few little shakes of the head and what not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

commentary is pure Alan Partridge stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

17:15:10 CEST
    Yates has 56 seconds on Dumoulin heading into the final run towards Rome.

http://live.cyclingnews.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Yates' finish consistant with what many thought he would lose on the TT. Solid performances by some of the world's best time trialists.

This was Tony Martin's face when Aru crossed the line...

AlyR7RDj?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm sticking to my prediction that Tom will only take 70 seconds out of Yates's lead.

0Ccwb.jpg

Only five seconds out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

barring some catastrophe for Yates, is that it?

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »

Pretty much yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭flatty

Hope so tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Some big time penalties handed out today. The UAE guys were the worst affected with Aru, Conti and Ulissi hit with penalties. Aru looked close to a moto in the final Km. He may have had more moto pacing out on the course that we didn't see.

Conti and Ulissi were taking the piss from the pictures I saw - basically a two man TT. They have 2 minute penalties... ouch!

Other riders were penalised with 30 seconds.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-aru-penalised-20-seconds-for-drafting/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

2fms report on this was next useless

Dennis won the Stage, Froome was fifth, gave Vague info on Yates and Dumoulin that TD closed the gap but by how much wasn’t obviously important. Then They proceeded to tell us Mullen and Bennett’s GC rankings

(At least they mentioned it I suppose)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Froome can still win from here if he puts in the performances he showed on the Ventoux few years back

Video of Aru finishing and then Tony's face

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

loyatemu wrote: »

I dunno. With Aru's post rest day form we could be up for some incredible performances over the next few days.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Pozzovivo has the most arkward pedal stroke. Knees at crazy angles, horrible to watch. Yeats holds pink.

Watched the Eurosport coverage last night. Jaysus. He looked like a triathlete tootling around the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I dunno. With Aru's post rest day form we could be up for some incredible performances over the next few days.

He got pinged 20secs for drafting, is it possible he got a whole lot more help off camera, like 2 mins worth and that explains his good time?

Inquitus wrote: »
    He got pinged 20secs for drafting, is it possible he got a whole lot more help off camera, like 2 mins worth and that explains his good time?

I would hazard a guess that he got a lot of help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement