Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army medical 2018

Options
  • 21-05-2018 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Anyone know how long after receiving the email that you’ve passed the fitness/interview you do your medical? And if successful how long after that does training start
    Thanks Lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

Warriors4 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long after receiving the email that you’ve passed the fitness/interview you do your medical? And if successful how long after that does training start
    Thanks Lads

Going off what happened in the army cadet competition last year they got back within 2 weeks and training started last week of september/first week of October 2017. But depends on how many people they have to go through this time around in when they'll get back to you.

Congrats on passing the fitness! How was it? What was the day like?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Warriors4

Ducky00 wrote: »
    Going off what happened in the army cadet competition last year they got back within 2 weeks and training started last week of september/first week of October 2017. But depends on how many people they have to go through this time around in when they'll get back to you.

Congrats on passing the fitness! How was it? What was the day like?

Thanks for that.
    Fitness was handy considering I’m generally unfit and only had 8 days training, got a good day cool and dry, less than a week ago I did it.
    Guys there running the 2.4K in less than 8minutes on the day unbelievable competition

Thanks for that.
    Fitness was handy considering I’m generally unfit and only had 8 days training, got a good day cool and dry, less than a week ago I did it.
    Guys there running the 2.4K in less than 8minutes on the day unbelievable competition

No problem.

Woah that's good running, but well done on passing! Hopefully there'll be a good day too for the Cadet Competition if I get that far!

No problem.

Woah that's good running, but well done on passing! Hopefully there'll be a good day too for the Cadet Competition if I get that far!

Hopefully yeah, bring plenty of water with you have you done your online test yet?
    Good luck!

Hopefully yeah, bring plenty of water with you have you done your online test yet?
    Good luck!

Ok thanks. I did it about a week and a half ago but the deadline to do it was Sunday so probably won't hear anything till the end of this week at the earliest.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks. I did it about a week and a half ago but the deadline to do it was Sunday so probably won't hear anything till the end of this week at the earliest.

Every step feels like forever but get the fitness up now while you can and go over your interview notes

Every step feels like forever but get the fitness up now while you can and go over your interview notes

Ugh tell me about it haha! Yeah I'm on track for the fitness, it's just now making sure I'm recovered and injury free for it! How long did you have between your fitness and the interview?

Ugh tell me about it haha! Yeah I'm on track for the fitness, it's just now making sure I'm recovered and injury free for it! How long did you have between your fitness and the interview?

In at 8 am fitness, fill out forms get BMI etc, warm up for fitness about 15 mins then fitness starts push ups and sit ups out for your run then a cool down exercise and showers, anyone who has passed will then be brought on a 30 minute lunch break before being taken to a room and split into interview boards, each board will interview 5-6 people after you do your interview your free to go

In at 8 am fitness, fill out forms get BMI etc, warm up for fitness about 15 mins then fitness starts push ups and sit ups out for your run then a cool down exercise and showers, anyone who has passed will then be brought on a 30 minute lunch break before being taken to a room and split into interview boards, each board will interview 5-6 people after you do your interview your free to go

Ok cool thanks a million. I thought we had to re do the psychometric tests the same day as the fitness and if we passed all those and the fitness we'd be called back again for interviews on another day! Thanks a million

Ok cool thanks a million. I thought we had to re do the psychometric tests the same day as the fitness and if we passed all those and the fitness we'd be called back again for interviews on another day! Thanks a million

They select 5-6 people to do a shortened supervised test “at random” on the day not sure why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

Congrats on passing the fitness!  How was it? What was the day like?

Thanks for that.
    Guys there running the 2.4K in less than  8minutes on the day unbelievable competition

Running 2.4km in under 8 minnutes???? these guys olympic athletes? I can do it just under 10minutes at best LMAO

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    Running 2.4km in under 8 minnutes???? these guys olympic athletes? I can do it just under 10minutes at best LMAO

I know lol 7:55 was best on the day 8:03 was close second

I know lol 7:55 was best on the day 8:03 was close second
    What were the average times? What was the time you were able to do it in can you remember?

What were the average times? What was the time you were able to do it in can you remember?

Did it in 10:45 which would’ve been about average on the day I think

Did it in 10:45 which would’ve been about average on the day I think
    Thanks for the info man, and good luck in the medical

Advertisement